• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Famitsu gives Brawl a perfect score

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
I saw this coming for at least one popular video game media reviewer outlet.

Still, I am so proud of Brawl. Makes that Wii I just brought all the more meaningful.

Deej

Smash Rookie
Only the 7th game it Famitsu's history to get a perfect score, and the fourth for Nintendo. Famitsu is one of the world leaders; where it goes, other follow. Brawl is going to sweep the boards.

Thats pretty amazing, all things considered.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY! Super Smash is the eighth wonder of the gaming world to get a 40 on Famitsu! I'm so happy T_T

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Brawl is only the 7th, that article is off.

But yeah, this is pretty big. I'm starting to think even Gamespot are going to stop being douchebags. Anyways, was there ever any doubt?
depends if they have brawl ads on their site or not :psycho: (shout if you get that "joke")

I didn't thinkt heir was any doubt, but heck, Brawl will rack, and we all knew that.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
Using my ultimate troll skillz, I will transform this thread into a flame thread, with the power of a single phrase.

Famitsu said:
As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill.

Wolfgang457

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly surprised.
I didn't think it would get a perfect score, yet now this only increases my hype for the game.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
I can't wait to get my copy!

In America.

I had to. Sorry.
And that was a perfect time to do that reference. Yugioh Abridged wins.

And I don't think anyone doubted that Brawl would get a perfect review, but as pointed out in another thread, Famitsu's ratings do tend to be a bit biased. We'll have to wait and see what some other sites and magazines over here score it.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
Eh, so what. Famitsu, as said before, is all fan service.

Hell, the same perfect score was given to Nintendogs. So, yeah. Famitsu sucks.

Shorty82524

Smash Rookie
That honestly surprises me a bit...you mean there's not a SINGLE flaw in Brawl...wow. A winner is Nintendo! Then again...everyone already knew Brawl was going to be perfect :p Oh, and I can't wait to get this game

In a box.

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
Eh, so what. Famitsu, as said before, is all fan service.

Hell, the same perfect score was given to Nintendogs. So, yeah. Famitsu sucks.
You just WREAK of ignorance. Did you ever think that Nintendogs WAS a perfect game for the Japanese? Well over half of them will never know what it is like to have a pet, since they live in such close quarters.

Sorry to pick you out, put many people say this, and it pisses me off. This is an HONOR for Brawl.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
wait, wait wait..... Wasn't there another thread that was bashing famitsu?

Sup, hypocrisy?

Whatever, good for Brawl. I'll be the judge in March.

Superstarmario

Smash Journeyman
You just WREAK of ignorance. Did you ever think that Nintendogs WAS a perfect game for the Japanese? Well over half of them will never know what it is like to have a pet, since they live in such close quarters.

Sorry to pick you out, put many people say this, and it pisses me off. This is an HONOR for Brawl.
So the hell what? That doesn't make a perfect game. I've never owned a giant robot. but I'd sure as hell never give Gundam Ps3 a positive score. Oh, and I don't have a dog either, but the game still sucks.

I've got no doubt Brawl will catch perfect scores all around from American reviews, but a 10/10 isn't that much of a honor. It's fuggin Famitsu.

Zoo-bellocks

Smash Apprentice
You just "WREAK" of ignorance of Famitsu's scoring policies. These games that get perfect scores don't get them because they're "perfect for the Japanese". They get them because Famitsu either

1. Is trying to do the developers a favour and trying to get people to try out their game that people might otherwise be reluctant to try because it seems too different at first glance. It's crooked, but it's a nice thing to do.

2. Is, in the words of wikipedia, trying to "appease advertisers and the gaming industry".

or...

3. A game is genuinely perfect in every way (like that ever happens).

Famitsu's ratings really are a joke. Brawl will be great nonetheless.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Famitsu said:
As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill..
*Goes into item switch*

*Turns of smash ball*

*Starts playing on a neutral stage*

Nope, nope, no skill influence here.:rolleyes:

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oops. I should pay more attention to new topics. I'll just go ahead and copy what I said in another topic.

"Rawk.

...there's really nothing else to say about that?
I'm impossible to please; there must have been, like, 3 games in my whole life that I haven't cursed to hell at some point ( trust me, Melee is not among them by a long shot ), so if it's supposed to be the same caliber as OoT... it raises my hopes that those hours delivering ads for a supermarket will have been worth it."

Now, I've only heard positive things about Famitsu's reviews in the past. What's this I suddenly hear about them being a joke?

Sir James

The Doctor
I don't see why people are trying to bash Famitsu. The magazine doesn't give out perfect scores often. Brawl is only the 7th game to get a perfect score during a time span of a decade. Surely that must mean something. I don't think it takes much thinking to realize that this will be the best Smash game in the series.

supa*

Smash Cadet
Just to be fair, Famitsu seems to be biased towards some games than others (cough Zelda, FF). They probably gave it a perfect score just cause Sheik was in it :D.

I'm not complaining though, they are the most respected gamin' mag around.

We'll see if it beats out SMG in my opinion, cause Mario's latest was fantastic!

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Congrats, Brawl! Now, it's time for the American magazines to criticize because it's missing guns, blood, and violence!
**** straight. A game isn't good unless you can shoot someone with a shotgun and watch them crumble into a bloody mess on the floor. In addition, a game isn't good unless its in full 3D with realistic physics that allows for better crumbling motions. Seriously. Brawl won't be any good. American made, male ego appeasing first person shooters are the future. Deal with it.
(Another example of a failed game is portal, the got the graphics down but forgot the guns. I'm sure they felt pretty silly after the release)

[/sarcastic rant]

Congrats to Sakurai and co. for getting such a great review. Keep them coming!

Top Bottom