• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falling

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
i normally have some issues approaching from above with pit, when the other character is on teh ground and i am falling after getting hit, what can i do besides air dodge and hope for the best, or glide to a ledge or as far out of range as i can?
sorry my only contributions to the forums are questions rather then answers btw

Antinillus

Smash Rookie
Being above the enemy is the worst position for Pit. You have a weak dair that can be used, but is not very effective. Normally I just glide down and if the opponent tries to prevent me I go for a glide attack.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea thats what ive noticed,maybe i should just shoot more arrows to disrupt the person,someting that kinda works is to fast fall so that they think you are going to land but then jump at the last minute right when they are doing their up smash or whatever they had planned for, which will set you up for an aerial,but you have to be able to fake the person out which doesnt happen too often

Nublet

Smash Rookie
if im ever high enough i shoot and curve an arrow at them just for the hell of it. not a great contribution, but just throwing it out there :) but note the to be that high is to be pretty close to the KO range. if only u can shoot arrows downwards...

WhatIsPie?

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I've noticed it too. If Pit's in the air, and he's not doing an attack, he's kinda screwed. What I do is keep my distance from my opponent. Do not land anywhere near them. If they try to hit you with an aerial, then air dodge and counter with an attack of your own. If they try to hit with a tilt/smash, jump and air dodge at the same time. Using arrows to keep your opponent away from you is also good, but you better make sure you hit. If you don't, they can punish the lag.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I don't get into that position often. But if I feel I need to, a Wings of Icarus is actually a good call on larger stages. You can Fast Fall in the WoI much faster then normal and this can throw your opponent off. Add in a well timed Dair and they're at the disadvantage since they don't know the speed of your descent. Of course this completely sucks if they do manage to hit you with a move that sends you off the stage. However being directly above the opponent is probably the least likely spot where you'll be hit left or right.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
yea with WoI approach from above i am worried about getting hit and not having any recovery options, the position is not one that happens often, but when it does it can be a pain

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
DI off the stage so they can't be ready for you on the ground and/or mix up between AD, FFAD, delayed aerial, multi jumping, gliding, glideshifting, and so on. there's lots of possibilities so be patient and you'll have a nice time down.

Top Bottom