• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fallenangemon0's Jigglypuff impressions. (vids on the way)

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
:) Well my friend has Brawl and Ive been playing alot lately so I figured Id type my impressions of Jigglypuff.

A (Natural Combo)- This move gives more stun that it did in Melee,and using it moves the foe back enough so you cant get grabed ^_^

Dash Attack- Jigglypuffs dash attack feels buffed. Its knockback has been increased quite a bit and its trajectory sends you almost completely horizontally.

U tilt- her up tilt got buffed but sadly for the worst. It sends the foe too high to rest combo but to low to be used to kill. You can Utilt into Uair/Nair at lower percentages.

F tilt- her F tilt has slightly increased range and knock back. It can be used in a combo with her dash attack for better reasults.

D tilt- Jigglypuff's D tilt is a decent edgeguard but other than that it really doesnt seem to have any more practical uses.

F Smash- Jigglypuff's Fsmash is very strong in knockback and is one of her better kill moves. It should be noted that it doesnt come out as fast as it did in Melee so timing is everything.

U Smash- Her U smash has a better range than it did in Melee and can be used as a kill move if charged for a bit.

D Smash- The Dsmash got a slightly better range and is still an insane edgeguard, and provides decent stun. Not much to say other that that.

Fair- Super buffed. This was my main kill move when I played. Its knockback is pretty insane at mid damage percentages and you can do those "carry you off the stage" WoPs with it. Great move.

Bair- Despite popular belief her Bair really isnt that nerfed. It may not have the knockback that it did in Melee but everyone saying that " WoP is dead " is just flat out wrong. WoP is still very much possible and is more used to rack up damage quickly than to KO with.

Dair- The Dair has alot of lag that will most likely lead to your demise. Ive found that this move is alot more effective if you vertkill it ( meaning you do the attack AS SOON AS YOU LEAVE THE GROUND so you get the vertical momentum of the jump while doing the attack) so that you get in a few hits and land far enough from the opponent so you cant get smashed or grabed.

Nair- Meh. Didn't really use this move too much as its kinda the same as it was in Melee and doesnt really provide alot of combo options. Im not quite sure if you can still do King's Nair to rest combo but I doubt it without the ability to L Cancel.

SPECIAL MOVES:

Up B- Sing got alot better it has alot more frames that put the enemy to sleep and it CAN still be ledge canceled. You wont get a free hit outa this unless you get the foe to above 85-90 or so damage.

Side B- You can still Rising/Falling Pound. Pound is super good for combos and CAN still used to recover (though not infinitely like Melee) if you vertkill it. The easiet rest combo I could do was Rising pound to Rest.

B- Rollout! This move no longer makes you "pop" to the side when you hit something, you go straight up now, so hitting someone near the edge no longer means you die with them! The knock back was kinda nerfed but still KOs above 85 or so. ( thanks to Goats13 for testing this for me )

Down B- Rest is ALOT DIFFERENT! It now pings the foe, does "heavy poison" damage (the little flower on the foe's head), and sends the foe at an upward trajectory. Rest Does about 44 to 50 damage...wow. If only the knock back was good. Somone already has a Rest KO topic stickied so you should go read it if you want to know at what percent it KOs. You seem to sleep a tad less. Im just gonna say right now, it is hard as **** to rest combo... all her moves seem to be altered so that rest combos are either impossible or you only pull them off because of luck.

THROWS:

U throw - like I said before, no more rest combos due to the new physics of the game, so no more Up Thow to Rest KOs on Space Critters. (:_: )

D throw - Lol. During this throw Jigglypuff rolls on the opponets spine and makes a cute little squishy noise then pops them diagonally upward. It only does damage when the opponet is actually thrown so watching jigglypuff roll on the foe and do no damage was kinda funny.

Fthrow- Not changed much but with her new Fair you can combo someone to death if you hit them off the stage.

B throw- Not changed much... but is good for combos where you WoP after you throw them.

Final Smash:

If you think this FS is useless you should really just go kick yourself in the forehead.

Jigglypuff Inflates to massive levels, pushing the opponet as she grows, then right before she reaches maximum height she pufffs up super quickly and shouts " PURIIIIIIN!!!! " What people dont realize is that during that last Puff she KNOCKS THE HE11 OUT OF YOU(and does a little damage). If you get hit with this you are pretty much dead...the trajectory is similar to Links Up B in Melee when you hit late with it so it sends them a tad downward. If you dont have some way of stalling in the air or an intense recovery to avoid the puff blast you die, plain and simple.

She is solid when she is huge so you cannot run through her.

It is best to use it in the semi middle of the stage so that you are close to the center but a couple of steps in your opponents direction. Even it you do it in the middle of final destination it reaches beyond both edges.

Note: During the puff blast the attack frames seem to even go on a little after shes starts to shrink!

Taunts:

Taunt 1: same as melee

Taunt 2: Jigglypuff spins around on one foot very quickly.

Taunt 3: a very cool and odd taunt... She Deflates the the thinness of a piece of paper and floats slowy downward... Im not sure if this can actually be used to dodge projectiles.

Physics:

-Jigglypuff lost alot of horizontal air movement

- Her Jumps send you alot higher than they did in Melee.

-Best of all she no longer dies at 5 damage ( pardon hyperbole ) ! She is alot heavier now and cant be killed till over mid 90s.

-Still falls very slowly.

-Runs alot faster.

Fin.

I hope this is at least somewhat useful to anyone. Please PM me on anything if you have any questions at all, and tell me what you think.

Thanks!

scarecrowuknow

Smash Cadet
wow thats good that u got all of that from ur little demo... and thanx for clearing that up... ik alot of people thought that jigg's fs sucked... now we know better :-)

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Awesome! >_< Jiggs still rules! I just have one question, is she noticeably bigger? I guess that could be a problem.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
Conflicting opinions I suppose. A thread in the General Discussion claims that Jigglypuff is once again the lightest character (excluding Pichu).

I suppose that every single character could have gotten heavier, but it's still good that at least she got buffed somewhat.

It's interesting that you can now WoP with Fair better than Bair. It should technically be even easier now, especially since Rising Pound has only been slightly nerfed.

Is the knockback for Pound still ridiculous (and backwards)?

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
This doesn't seem half as bad as I thought it would, nice to see my main still has what it takes to dominate the air. It really seems like the only people saying Jiggly got nerfed beyond words are the ones who never really played her in Melee. I'll have to wait until I get my hands on brawl to see for myself, though, but I guess 2 similar impressions can't be that wrong.
Learning to use Fairs instead of Bairs can't be that hard, and it really should be easier to do, so I'm actually looking forward to maining Jiggs again.
Thanks for an awesome and very detailed review, BTW.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
about pounds knockback: it knocks the foe upward now, and its pretty rare to see it send someone backwards. Its really good for air juggles though.

BTW thanks for the positive feedback ^_^

and no, jigglypuff is not the lightest, and even if she was getting past 100 is pretty common unless you get hit by something sweetspoted.

Atsu

Smash Ace
Please note I did not play the demo.

I played the full japanese version. ;)
I don't think she was in the demo /swt. If she was, I'm going to take over Gamestop >.>. (When it comes out there of course.)

But yes, all of these similar impressions put out all those other liars that gave us false information. Thanks a bunch :D.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that the Puff is still good. I hate it when people say that "Jigglypuff is the worst..." "Puff's FS is stupid..." I wish people will stop looking at videos and give opinions. (Ok, maybe I did that with Yoshi... Sorry Yoshi!) People just dunno how to play as her/plays as her badly. Great thread. Someone should sticky this.

Beware people! The Puff is back!

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Hahahah thanks guys.

I mained Jiggs in Melee so I know my stuff.

Im looking foward to keeping you guy in my little "Puff Pack" when I get my American Version =D

I wish I could play Mango....It'd be a hella good match IMO

greenblob

Smash Lord
Running speed really isn't too important. It's more about aerial maneuverability and the speed of attacks.

Doesn't WoP refer to using high-priority attacks to pressure and camp? Chaining bairs would be a bair combo.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
hmmm thats an interesting find on that running speed!

I really dont feel like Jiggs is any worse with her being the slowest though. Her dash attack sends you pretty far so I would recomend you just approach with that.

Oh and that is only one of WoPs many uses/definitions. Some of the others are combos that constantly send you more and more horizontal so the foe has no hope of recovering =D. The other is more of a stationary WoP used to hault advances...

and camp as you said XD.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Eh, I guess when people are saying "WoP got nerfed," they're talking about camping/pressuring with the bair, which is kinda sad since that was her main approach.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah but the fact that both her Fair and Bair are great for different WoPs(and combos) more than make up for it. =D

She not nerfed in any way,just...different (in a good way).

Oh and Im working on a Combo Video so if you have any song recomendations then just say ^_^

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
hmm, do you happen to know what her matchups are like vs. pit and MK. I never saw any moves of hers that killed off the top and their range seems further than Puff's Bair/Fair. Those two are going to be hard for her imo. Kinda like how marth is her hardest melee matchup.

Any thoughts on this would be cool man.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
hmmm. Well to be honest I really only have some trouble beating Diddy =P my riend has INSANE combos those banana peels ( Banana Splits as he calls them).

Metaknight can be Faird off the stage and intercepted with more Fairs pretty easily. Just land your moves far enough from him to avoid those smash attacks.

Pit is ANNOYING!!!!! If you stay too far then he will just start spaming arrows, and if you get too close he will just spam his side B :_:

I've found that the best way to KO Pit is proper application of mindgames and spacing. Starting juggle combos with rising pound will also be quite effective. Once he is at a high enough damage just go for a Rollout, rest combo or a Fsmash, and KEEP YOUR SPACING!

Ike is too easy to combo. Uair>Bair>Uair(etc.) The new Fair WoP will finish him pretty quickly.

Ill a have a few matchups of every character in my combo video so be sure to check it out ;)

Oh and Dont get hit!

Habanero Pepper

Smash Apprentice
Ok, that sounds like what I thought. Do tell though, what are the rest combos like currently. I'm aware of the percentage that you should do them at but haven't read much about the chains involved to settup.

Also, this is my first post as a premium member. **** yeah t(^.^t)

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Well the one I do the most is Rising pound to rest but you have to have inhuman timing to pull it off as the foe can jump out of Pound almost as soon as you do it. It just takes a bit of practice ;).

Im gonna play all day when I get home from school so Ill try some new things i've been thinking up in my head and post if they work.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight can be Faird off the stage and intercepted with more Fairs pretty easily. Just land your moves far enough from him to avoid those smash attacks.

Pit is ANNOYING!!!!! If you stay too far then he will just start spaming arrows, and if you get too close he will just spam his side B ;_;
Irony here... Meta Knight is one of my mains and Pit is my friend's main so... Yeah. :( WHy can't it be the other way around?!?!

Nonetheless, I'm glad Jiggly's doing well again. :D You and greenblob are both right. Moving speed isn't really important with the Puff. Her specialty is really combo combo combo out of screen/K.O. with rest or rather a better K.O. combo move.

Oh and if you're wondering why I have a 'traitor' sig, that's 'cause Sugar doesn't allow 3 pics so I chose Giga Bowser. :laugh:

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
Haha yeah "combocombocombo> off the stage KO" is a big part of her new game. Im glad people are really starting to see the light.

Oh and BTW an good strat for metaknight against the likes of Pit is to just rack up damage with all of his uber 34526 hit combo moves (obvious hyperbole as I am refering to how all his moves consist of many hits) and learning to intercept him while he uses his near broken(but still very slow) Up B. Pit doesnt do to well of the stage as his Up B is slow, and believe it or not:

The easiest way to KO pit is to get him to recover and just get above him(as MK of corse) and Footstool hop that mofo. My Combo video has a good number of Footstool KOs so it should work just as well with MK. =)

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
Haha yeah "combocombocombo> off the stage KO" is a big part of her new game. Im glad people are really starting to see the light.

Oh and BTW an good strat for metaknight against the likes of Pit is to just rack up damage with all of his uber 34526 hit combo moves (obvious hyperbole as I am refering to how all his moves consist of many hits) and learning to intercept him while he uses his near broken(but still very slow) Up B. Pit doesnt do to well of the stage as his Up B is slow, and believe it or not:

The easiest way to KO pit is to get him to recover and just get above him(as MK of corse) and Footstool hop that mofo. My Combo video has a good number of Footstool KOs so it should work just as well with MK. =)
Thanks for the tips! I can pwn my friend a lot now. XD And now that I really think about it, Pit's recovery isn't that broken when you hit him. He's as good dead since he goes into that falling down motion. So I'll make sure to footstool him A LOT of times. Good thing about Meta Knight is that his up-b can hit and nothing can cancel it during his hit. He can't footstool me then. XD

Anyway, Jigglypuff mainers will have to learn that combo combo combo of the stage K.O. will probably be their main way of K.O.ing.

BTW is it me or does practically everyone outside of the Puff boards hate Jigglypuff? I hope it's just me...

Top Bottom