• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's voice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan

Smash Cadet
Isn't it a brooklyn accent? I am british, and I have never heard anyone speak like that :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
His Melee voice did not sound like his actual voice. At least Brawl's Falco sounds more like Assault's Falco.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
on melee he sounded like a big blue parrot, now he really sounds like a person with a cocky style

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
Someone once said Falco's new design makes him look like a masculine girl. I guess his battle sounds fit him then.

As for spoken lines, it's just bad VAing. Wrong intonation and corny lines.
Had enough already?!

Viroxor

Smash Ace
The Melee voice didn't sound like him at all. If you've played 64 or Adventures, those are the voices I always imagined him speaking with. His Assault voice was different, but I thought it was alright. As for Brawl, I think he actually sounds pretty good, it's just some of his Lylat Cruise lines don't sound right.

Flake

Smash Cadet
i also thought his melee voice was werid. though i got kinda used to that
his voice is certainly a lot different now, but i don't think it's bad

btw what does he say when he does his down taunt? "hands off my [???]" it sounds he says "hands off my drink"

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I wonder who voiced Falco. I want to know who voiced Wolf, Peppy, Leon, and Panther as well. Only Fox, Krystal and Slippy retained their Assault VA.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I wonder why Falco has a brooklyn accent. Maybe he got a fake brooklyn accent after he ordered the brooklyn pizza from dominos.

Anyway his voice in SF 64 was a lot better.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
nah, i like this voice for real now, before he just sounded like a big parrot <.<

Codi

Smash Ace
what does he say before he enters the land master personaly i prefer the air? or edge?

Codi

Smash Ace
o and im a new yorker he doesn't sound like tht...a new yorker and whats wrong with tht anyway?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Slippy sounded weird to me... >.>

But yeah, Falco sounds like a lower pitched TF2 Scout. It's definately a Brooklyn accent too :p

I didn't like it when I first heard it in the sound test videos from just before Brawl came out but I've come to like it now

Condor

Smash Cadet
his up taunt sounds sorta autralian, and his side taunt sounds more like a new yorker, and his down taunt jsut sounds stupid with him saying "hands off my prey"....

sfkingalpha

Smash Rookie
Been lurking the boards for years. This finally made me register.

I think different voice actors where used for his taunts... <.<

Condor

Smash Cadet
not only does the accent and sound of his voice suck, but the way he says stuff does not portray the true Falco. I haven't played a whole lot of starfox games, but i think i know enough to say that he is a hard *** who wouldn't say cheesy lines. He shouldn't be be saying things that are cocky, but he is prideful and should say some smart remark. He does things his way, and his voice in brawl does not portray him at all

khoasgotrice

Smash Cadet
not only does the accent and sound of his voice suck, but the way he says stuff does not portray the true Falco. I haven't played a whole lot of starfox games, but i think i know enough to say that he is a hard *** who wouldn't say cheesy lines. He shouldn't be be saying things that are cocky, but he is prideful and should say some smart remark. He does things his way, and his voice in brawl does not portray him at all[/QU

i agree

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
I, personally, liked his "Piece o' cake" voice, but that may be just me.

By the way, does someone knows what falco/fox/wolf say when they win a battle against themselves?
(taken from the Dojo)
■When you head to the results screen after a match between Fox and Falco or Fox and Wolf, the winning character will utter a special winning phrase.
I'm curious to what they say, I never realized that they say something in the first place, does someone have a link to a video with good audio showing the phrase?

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
Well, to me, he sounds best in Assault and Brawl (and yes, it's done by the same actor). I liked his voice in Melee as well, but he sounded too Japanese (eventhough it was a Japanese VA during gameplay). In the his reent games, his Brooklyn style cocky attitude voice fits him perfectly.

Condor

Smash Cadet
In the his reent games, his Brooklyn style cocky attitude voice fits him perfectly.
what? u think that fits him? he is susposed to be the tough good guy in starfox, he isn't susposed to be cocky b/c he doesn't give a crap. He is prideful and almost stuck up b/c he will do things by himself even if no one else likes it. And As far as sounding Brooklyn... ehh, its annoying, a Brooklyn accent sounds dirty and arrogant when he is trash talking (sorry any one from Brooklyn, it just sounds like that to me). Falco needs witty, smart remarks

Luigi_Legend

Smash Cadet
what? u think that fits him? he is susposed to be the tough good guy in starfox, he isn't susposed to be cocky b/c he doesn't give a crap. He is prideful and almost stuck up b/c he will do things by himself even if no one else likes it. And As far as sounding Brooklyn... ehh, its annoying, a Brooklyn accent sounds dirty and arrogant when he is trash talking (sorry any one from Brooklyn, it just sounds like that to me). Falco needs witty, smart remarks
I know he's supposed to be the prideful good guy and all. His whole "Hands off my prey!" comment is how he really is. If you remember in StarFox 64 (or Assault) he would hate it and act like a ****head whenever you killed his target. And I kinda disagree, some of his comments in SF64, he was alittle cocky. He was even cocky in Adventures. He's alot nicer now because I guess he's older and more mature, but he's still the cocky (somewhat), yet prideful bad*** that's still one of the greatest characters of all time.

hmbtnguy

Smash Cadet
Wait... have the majority of you guys even played a starfox? Falco is a cocky character, and he does say cheezy lines! I can't believe we are even arguing this. Anyone that's played the starfox series knows his personality and attitude. Of course, he isn't as cocky as "the great Leon", but there's a reason that Falco and Leon are paired together during Star Wolf battles.

http://starfox-online.net/media/audio/voiceacting/sf64/falco/

Go and listen to his lines for SF64. His current voice fits him quite well. The accent is much heavier, but it's still very similar to his original voice (excluding the bleeps and bloops from SF, SF2 and SFC).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom