• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Falco's Shine to replace Pikachu's thunder?

Phuckyew

Smash Cadet
Hi guys, I'm new to the modding community and I just wanted to say that I think what happens here is amazing. After seeing Scrumpy mod flaco's shine onto marth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX1AAwWqPfQ , I've decided to create the ultimate pokemon; and I'm failing. I can get the hitbox to come out in place of thunder, but he remains stuck in a shaking animation until hit out of it. I've tried using Crazy Hand and modifying the dat file but nothing I do seems to fix this. Any advice on how to accomplish this?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I'm releasing a modpack soon that gives every character a real shine (reflector hitbox, shine stall, shine turnaround, etc). Only thing holding me back is getting the shine graphic to show up without a spacie loaded in.

Phuckyew

Smash Cadet
That sounds awesome! From all the thread I've visited recently, I've seen you around a lot. Could you load an alternate graphic (using pika as an example, when hes hit by his thunder) in place of shine? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Last edited:

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
That sounds awesome! From all the thread I've visited recently, I've seen you around a lot. Could you load in an alternate graphic (using pika as an example, when hes hit by his thunder) in place of shine? Sorry if this is a dumb question.
Yeah you can use alternate graphics but I'm kinda going for perfection here since I got the rest of it working.

Phuckyew

Smash Cadet
I respect that. Do you know on how to allocate more bytes to pikas down-b grounded startup? Looking at scrumpys marth mod, I can see he allocated the move to 60 bytes, but the max allowed for pikas down b startup is 40. If i had shine in this one area, would the rest of the effects of thunder be negated? Also, would using crazyhand to remove the loop animations help me accomplish this?

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I respect that. Do you know on how to allocate more bytes to pikas down-b grounded startup? Looking at scrumpys marth mod, I can see he allocated the move to 60 bytes, but the max allowed for pikas down b startup is 40. If i had shine in this one area, would the rest of the effects of thunder be negated? Also, would using crazyhand to remove the loop animations help me accomplish this?
To accomplish that in my mod, I made a gecko code to stop pikachu from entering the next action state after the first part of down B.

Code:
$Pikachu Thunder Goes to Wait/Fall
04127d0c 3880000E
04127d90 3880001D
Since you'll never enter the next couple of down B action states, you can overwrite their space in the .dat. Just fill the next subaction space with 0's and they'll be added to the first one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom