• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Dtilt

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
I have been playing Falco for a long time now and I've incorporated every move in his arsenal to my game play with the exception of the Dtilt. Any advice on how to help incorporate Dtilt into my game is appreciated. (Please let's keep conversation at an intelligent level). Any information about Dtilt is appreciated too.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like to jab cancel into it. At low percents, you can jab cancel>dtilt and followup with a grab or something. I've actually killed with it before, lol.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
A fast-falled n-air (make sure the last hit doesn't connect) combos well into most attacks, including DTILT, grab, AAA, dsmash, and usmash. However, I also have trouble incorporating dtilt into my game, because of its absurdly short range. I would suggest using ftilt more instead.

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
i actually use Dtilt alot. Not really sure when but when i see an opportunity ill throw it in to pop em in the air, since i like to string moves together in the air.

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
I've killed light weight characters at high % at times,

I love D-Tilting into a SH D-AIR off stage. I have'nt tried it on anyone beside COM's in training mode, But if you're on the edge of a stage & DTILT into a SH D-AIR, If they Tech the Dtilt with an air dodge then almost guaranteed the D-air will hit.

viparagon

Smash Ace
i find that if they shield a SH dair, dtilt is really fasst and is able to catch them off-gaurd, and puts them out of harms way. I d tilt alot with all my chars.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I've killed light weight characters at high % at times,

I love D-Tilting into a SH D-AIR off stage. I have'nt tried it on anyone beside COM's in training mode, But if you're on the edge of a stage & DTILT into a SH D-AIR, If they Tech the Dtilt with an air dodge then almost guaranteed the D-air will hit.
???? explain pl0x

Anyways, I basically never use Dtilt, because I feel dsmash comes out just as fast if not faster, is stronger, and has more range (at least in the back, not sure about the front)

but Viparagon ^x2 gave me a good idea, if they shield your Nair hits then Dtilt might be a good follow-up. Now hear me out why i say Nair and not Dair, Nair has multiple hits which means they have to wait until after you land to start the grab or w/e retaliation they go with, so their window of opportunity is smaller if you land and Dtilt here than after a Dair. The reason I'm thinking Dtilt here whereas before I usually Dsmashed is because i think the hitbox for Dtilt is probably lower/slimmer than Dsmash which gives increased shield poking opportunity.

I suppose Dtilt also sets them up for another hit while Dsmash is meant to hit them away. I'll have to try and incorporate it more so I can find where it works and where it doesn't.

You said you incorporated all Falco's other moves? when are you Fair-ing?

Captainbrawl

Smash Apprentice
???? explain pl0x

Anyways, I basically never use Dtilt, because I feel dsmash comes out just as fast if not faster, is stronger, and has more range (at least in the back, not sure about the front)

but Viparagon ^x2 gave me a good idea, if they shield your Nair hits then Dtilt might be a good follow-up. Now hear me out why i say Nair and not Dair, Nair has multiple hits which means they have to wait until after you land to start the grab or w/e retaliation they go with, so their window of opportunity is smaller if you land and Dtilt here than after a Dair. The reason I'm thinking Dtilt here whereas before I usually Dsmashed is because i think the hitbox for Dtilt is probably lower/slimmer than Dsmash which gives increased shield poking opportunity.

I suppose Dtilt also sets them up for another hit while Dsmash is meant to hit them away. I'll have to try and incorporate it more so I can find where it works and where it doesn't.

Okay.

Me(Falco) vs Ike(lv9)
FD.

I'm standing on the side of FD & i DTILT Ike off stage, Since it bounces them in the air the computer immediately Air dodges to cancel the knock back, Thanks to that air dodge i can SH a D-air & spike him, Since you can't immediately air dodge twice.

Though again, I've only tried this on a lv9 Ike in training mode.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
D-tilt and d-smash are completely different moves and have completely different uses...

J4pu

Smash Champion
Okay.

Me(Falco) vs Ike(lv9)
FD.

I'm standing on the side of FD & i DTILT Ike off stage, Since it bounces them in the air the computer immediately Air dodges to cancel the knock back, Thanks to that air dodge i can SH a D-air & spike him, Since you can't immediately air dodge twice.

Though again, I've only tried this on a lv9 Ike in training mode.
In your first post you said he techs it, I am now just assuming that was a typo.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
After a shield. It pops them up in the air, and you can Dair them back down again, then go from there. It's pretty fun to do that, actually.

Otherwise it's a shield poke that leads to aerial chases. Not much more to say.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
If you ever spam your Blaster against, say Pikachu or Sheik, they'll try to crawl to you, and you can often surprise them with a D-tilt. Sounds predictable and practical, but it surprisingly catches a lot of people off guard when used in this way.

Darth JoBak

Smash Apprentice
the low vertical hitbox is great for shield pokes, commonly usable combos are AA dtilt, shff nair dtilt and really close silent laser dtilt

at very high percents you could grab attack then drop into a dtilt but thats not as useful

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
In your first post you said he techs it, I am now just assuming that was a typo.
He said airdodge tech, which means you tech too early and airdodge, this means you don't get the invincibility frames of a real tech

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
???? explain pl0x

I use Fair for gimping characters trying to recover to the ledge. I know that it isn't a very practical use and if not timed correctly, there is a big chance you'll end up killing yourself but, if done correctly your opponent will most likely die given they are at a reasonable damage (around 70%+).

On occasion if an opponent is chasing me when I'm on a ledge, I'll jump from said ledge and perform an immediate Fair . This technique I use rarely though bcause it is only meant to catch the opponent off gaurd. The opponent will likely shield so hopefully the Fair hits after the first couple revolutions of Falco spinning. Or it will completely catch him/her off gaurd causing the last hit to give some decent knockback so Falco can recover. This move has very limited combo potential and has horrible landing lag so know when to use it and when not to use it.

Thanx for all your guys' help!

ynnek123

Smash Ace
He said airdodge tech, which means you tech too early and airdodge, this means you don't get the invincibility frames of a real tech
So, are 08'ers making up their own names for "techniques"? LOL airdodge tech doesn't exist. And if you airdodge instead of tech, you don't tech to early. You DON'T tech.

Top Bottom