• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Blaster Cancel-Attack Opener?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Thanks to NJzFinest for having me look into this!

If you have seen his thread he tells how to do the SHL correctly so that one hits taller characters and the other comes out immediately hitting lower ones (you can actually do both at ground level out of a SH)

Now for my theory as well as the fact that Ive just tried it...maybe Ill record and post later.

Falcos Laser animation will be cancelled the moment he hits the ground...because most people mash B to do a SHL they dont see this.

when he lands he can do anything he wants, Another SHL, a Shine, a smash attack ANYTHING.

This is gonna change alot of brawl falcos to know this considering once again we can use the laser and attack in its shadow.

So instead of trying to SHDL try SHL Shine or SHL Dair!

Thank you for your time!

-CIAO

Caz1232

Smash Rookie
That would take amazing timing to do right, since it isn't like Melee where you shoot almost immediately after jumping. If you can do it, the SHL shine might be interesting, but the SHL dair I'm not so sure of, because with the slower air play your opponent might have time to just avoid the dair and punish you.

Jun.

Smash Lord
if you shoot your laser at a very precise time, the laser will come out without a sound. I think that is the lowest possible and most efficient laser and should be practiced and implemented.

laser approach is kinda dead due to the slower speed and physics of the game

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Yes but its a wonderfil way to set-up for another swift attack...even @ close range

Jun.

Smash Lord
kinda like samus's missiles in melee, brawl falco can chase his shl laser then

if blocked
- grab!

if not blocked
- have fun: dash atk, dash upsmash, trip =]

Repryx

Smash Champion
Exactly! Shining also works as a means to catch them off guard if they DO block (as they may try to grab) If they roll, follow! if the sidestep wait and punish!

-Ciao

ThreeX

Smash Lord
im a lil confused ;o but i'll check it out when i get back home :D hopefully it's useful, mmhm? :] btw, quick question.. do you think the shine useful, other then in this that your talking about

Repryx

Smash Champion
Yeah I use it as and edgeguard for people who

A. Dont grab the ledge and

B. try to roll back on stage

Also Its nice to hit people in the air with it when no other attack will reach...takes practice tho

-Ciao

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
You can do this with SHDL with the right timing. You get two shots and because of buffering you get your next attack/movement in the next available frame. Single shots from a short hop might be useful in some cases because the fast fall makes it somewhat quicker but in most cases I find that doing two shots with correct timing serves your purpose better and leaves plenty of time to do nearly any move afterward with the right spacing.

Top Bottom