• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon vs. sheik/marth

::~Hax~::

Smash Apprentice
sheik/marth are my worst falcon matchups; even worse than fox and that isn't a very good matchup either (but i'm getting lots better vs fox).

any tips for sheik/marth? marth, i always try to death combo quickly with a dthrow but i hate how his range outprioritizes me. as for sheik i try to chaingrab to 20 and land a nair -> uair -> knee but it's really hard to grab sheik.. all tips are appreciated.

SA3Tony

Smash Journeyman
Im also having the same trouble after my brother could space out his attacks perfectly with marth. He always 3 stocks me now....its annoying.

As for shiek, down air at low percentages could get a grab in, and grabs work wonders for falcon. From there, just combo here with up airs, ledge gaurd, then knee when she lands back onto the stage. Then Reapeat.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
Marth should be a relatively easy matchup. In fact CF arguably has an advantage on many stages, like FD, PS, and DL. The main problem against Marth is getting edgeguarded. So try to stay on the stage whenever possible. Approach with NAIRs, juggle with NAIRs and UAIRs. At 65% you can upthrow to knee. Stomp to knee around 50. At higher percents look for dtilt to knee or dthrow to knee. Punish missed fsmashes with knees, stomps to knee (or other combo if low %), or grab combos. Punish missed L-cancels with grabs.

El HP

Smash Ace
Against marth dont pick platform stages is hard to approach him use DI when you are hit so you can live longer and finally grab a lot.

AS Money

Smash Lord
if you use a nutral jab on marth you can combo him to death it is not too hard. i dont do it cuz i cant but it happens to me all the time its gay

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yeah it's always tough to eat a Marth edgeguarder who kills you when you get tipped at 0% after squandering your second jump.

Don't squander second jumps against Marth!

SEPHlROTHKEN

Smash Rookie
ok guys just watch isais videos. hes my dblz parter and hes pro so i mean hes basically like me but not as pro

technomancer

Smash Champion
falcon can combo almost anyone 0-death using tech reads and combos.
False? Only fastfallers and maybe Roy lol. He's got some great combos but you can't combo anyone "to death" unless they're a complete idiot. That's like saying Roy can combo you to death with Uairs.

Anyway, vs. Marth, grabs are huge both ways, you're going to want to not get grabbed, and land several of your own. You should always be able to combo Marth out of a grab, generally at most percents Dthrow to SHFFL'd Uair works, at higher percents go for throw to knee (see G-reg thread). Nair chains to itself and knee at low-med% and SHFFL Uair to knee I think in the mid 60's.

Marth is actually pretty laggy all around, so you are going to want to make sure you're good at getting out of your shield quickly to avoid things like dtilt->grab and nair->grab, so practice those out of shield wavedashes. Your dashdance is pretty good on open stages to mindgame. Be aggressive where you spot openings and lag; you can grab marth off of the landlag on almost all of his aerials, you just have to time it just right. Also, try approaching with the occasional full jump stomp or Bair (land just behind him) to mix it up. Beyond that work on your defense and mindgamezes.

punisher47

Smash Journeyman
Ok these two match ups are very difficult but here are good approaches.

Marth: well for this one you want to Nair, upair combo. if you do grab marth you want to go for down throws not up throws cause if you jump out him his airs out prioritize you so go for the down throws. Next at high percents you can down throw marth to knee for the game. You want to keep on the move and stay away from him kinda hit and run. Also if you jump and marth you want to come from the top and if marth is in the air stay under him.

Sheik: this one is more of a grab game with Nair and upairs. Sheik is easy to combo with nairs and up airs you just have to watch out for her tilts and her fair and her grab game cause that can **** the crap out of you. Also try and get sheik in the air with dair and side b.

and for the DI you wan to DI away from the swipes.

Top Bottom