• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon vs Fox. What the hell am I supposed to do?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Seriously. How do I hit a good fox player? Its obvious that once I get the throw or the usmash I should have an edgeguard opportunity or a dead fox on my hands as a falcon player, but getting that hit to start the combo is my main problem.

I CANT stay on the stage. Lasers. If I put my shield up the fox is there attacking it, and if I try to jump out of my shield, usmash out of it, or shieldgrab *except sometimes, mostly vs utilts* I will get hit. My only option once my shield is getting hammered if the guy goes into dtilts or jabs is to roll away.

So im guessing that an ''in the air'' approach would work better? fulljumps with confusing fastfalls for mindgames? Ive found I have mroe success when I stay above fox diaginally.

Its those lasers, mostly, they ruin my approach and then once I get hit I have to be very very careful because falcon is pretty easy to kill for fox. Likewise if I get a hit on the fox, he's dead.

Fox in general isnt my problem, its fox players like Darthfox, metroid, boom, ecartman. Etc. that calibur of fox. Anything below that I can find mistakes in their playstyle and abuse them to GET that one hit and combo.

Videos, ideas, sugggestions, insults, anything, ANYTHING is welcome to in this thread if itll help me learn a way to land a hit on a skilled fox player with falcon.

And no I don't play any characters other than falcon, if counterpicking another char was a potential suggestion.

M3tr01D

Smash Lord
I get worried when falcon dashes into his start ups at me. Just close the gap between you and the fox player. I can't go for lasers if you are in my face, because you'll hit me on the way up. I noticed when we played you tried to kind of wait for a good opportunity off to the side or far away, that doesn't work very good. I get tons of time to see what you are going to do and react to it with lasers.

Dreamland gives falcon a huge edge, try fighting there.

Nephiros

Smash Ace
"Darthfox, metroid, boom, ecartman. Etc."
omg /wrist

and ya upsmash from below the platforms in dreamland > fox

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I get worried when falcon dashes into his start ups at me. Just close the gap between you and the fox player. I can't go for lasers if you are in my face, because you'll hit me on the way up. I noticed when we played you tried to kind of wait for a good opportunity off to the side or far away, that doesn't work very good. I get tons of time to see what you are going to do and react to it with lasers.

Dreamland gives falcon a huge edge, try fighting there.
Good advice by the end of today we were having legitmate matches on hyrule not just **** fest fox and I snagged the win on dreamland and overall had you in more combos and less on the defensive.

I want to learn to vs fox on hyrule though where he has lasers. To overcome it and have a real approach thats fast and works.

Neph sorry I left you out. ''Epic SSB maneuver'' makes you the best player eva.

No joke that vid pumps me up to play.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
1) choose Falconland
2) avoid **** tent
3) dont let too much space between you and fox
4) choose Falconland
No. I played metroid on hyrule he destroyed me, on dreamland it didnt even feel like he was there. You dont understand I crave the difficulty of falcon vs fox on hyrule I want to beat fox on his own terms, lasers, rapetent, everything.

Note : not implying because I beat metroids fox on dreamland that I am better than him in any way shape or form. I will admit he helped me improve a bit today tho.

#3 is good advice.

_kSo_

Smash Master
yeah, anytime you get hit by a dair from fox you should be able to DI out of it because of the multiple hits. which way you go is up to you. I would suggest mixing it up to confuse him so he doesn't respond the same way everytime you DI.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
The players you named aren't really of the same caliber. Boomfan is frankly ridiculous and I can't hit him. Darth Fox, on the other hand, kicked me for using Keyboard DI on his drill combos. x___x

I wanna play some falcons with my fox (NOT boomfan though x___x) on dreamland... it's not as imbalanced as people make it sound, I think.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
yeah, anytime you get hit by a dair from fox you should be able to DI out of it because of the multiple hits. which way you go is up to you. I would suggest mixing it up to confuse him so he doesn't respond the same way everytime you DI.
Already something I do *thumbs up* Melee habits, but I finally know HOW to DI properly in ssb64 and how to react quickly. Drills are too easy to escape :laugh:

I wanna play some falcons with my fox (NOT boomfan though x___x) on dreamland... it's not as imbalanced as people make it sound, I think.
Look me up I'm \m/ Wreak Havok \m/ and I only play falcon.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Against 95% of the Foxes I face on kaillera I just hide in my shield and up-smash out of it when the fox tries to aerial me. It works most of the time.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Play me, my Fox is the worst xP.
hehe playin ya right now XD

edit :

wow 2 hours of good matches XD smashing with jaime till dawn, and not for the first time either... I learned a lot. I can avoid a lot of the tilt/jab stuff and I know more when to shieldgrab and when to roll and when to jump outa my shield now and how to close the gap vs fox. thx jaime play you again soon XD

Top Bottom