• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Videos? Show your moves PLEASE!

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
I'm still working on my game with Falcon, and it goes from grim to hopeful to grim again.

There is not a lot of talk, but some, of him having a solid game. Where are these videos? I will make them if I ever find the light, but it would help me greatly to study some gameplay.

I've reviewed all the other character's discussion pages, and Falcon's is the one of least constructive. We have very little tactical research and guides.... only a few videos of REAL opponents. Will Falcon be low tier? I lose tons and tons of games on Wifi, with little to cling to. Every time I think my game has improved, I play opponents who have improved just as much, and the losing stays the same. No more circular arguments, either show it off, or forget about it.

Oh, and if you have known opponent names, that's a better indicator of skill than silly biased combo vids. A matchup thread would be another good start.

-9Volt+

Smash Journeyman
If you want to play better, don't play C.Falc. He isn't bad, but there are so many characters that are better than him.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Seems like you're about to stumble onto the sad but true realization that brawl CF is horrible.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I always save the replays of my matches when they are within the ridiculously small time constraint. Usually my online 1v1s last too long though and I'm not set up to do a live recording right now. I also have some saved FFAs and very few 1v1s against my friends who I would say are pretty good but not great (just like me). All of the rest are of me vs. Level 9 CPUs which while they are enjoyable to watch they don't really show the real Falcon that would be used in competitive 1v1 play. I play MUCH more aggressively (and better) against the computers than against my friends and Wi-Fi challengers, so those matches are kind of pointless. I would be happy to post my generally subpar videos if you'd like but don't expect to see some groudbreaking new style or anything. Maybe once I get a live recording setup I'll be able to save the Wi-Fi matches that are actually competitive between me and the opponent, because unless it's a beatdown you generally exceed the 3 minute time limit on replays.

Also I think that our organization is key as you mentioned. We have one stickyed thread in our forum and while it's great for a comprehensive moveset with percentages and move notes, it's lacking in strategy and gameplay styles. There are a few Falcon v (insert character here) strategy sessions in it granted, but we need to get much more deep with that if we're going to improve on the whole as Falcon users. If Falcon is good SOMEONE will eventually figure it out, that's how it always is. But if they are just working on their own and not involved in this board we will never know the tricks until they win some tournament or randomly post some videos on YouTube. I'm relatively new to this in-depth character analysis and strategy making so I'm no expert or pro or anything, but I'm willing to help out as best I can. As a collective force we have the power to tap into everything Falcon's got, whether it ends up being crappy or ridiculously good. Right now we're sort of limited in manpower but if we can make significant progress now more people will start playing Falcon and getting involved. There's nothing more I'd like from Brawl than to have a great Falcon again (my Melee Falcon was not elite or anything but he was certainly better than this Brawl version).

Anyways, I'll post some of my videos if you'd like to see what I'm doing. Just let me know what kind you want to see and I'll upload some of my stored replays or I'll attempt to make fresh videos. Or we could even do some Wi-Fi matches and get a real taste for what the people here are doing. Whatever works I'm open to doing anything to help.

IWuvGeno

Smash Apprentice
Turtles are giving me the most trouble right now....

Wolf's lasers are so annoying, and they end up hitting me on a short hop frequently. Lucas is also a problem with his PK fire. He has amazing priority on his energy attacks. It seems as though I just am forced to approach, and then when I try to make my move, I get out-prioritized.

Some videos on any turtle character would be appreciated. I just hope there is enough of a community here to get some content going.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom