• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Kick!

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
I like the buffs that were made to his kick since melee but what bothers me is that it is now too long in the air. In melee, it was sometimes helpful for recovering in the air, because it gave him the extra jump, as did ganondorfs. I know that their recoveries are pretty good already, but I think shortening his and ganons kicks in the air would make them better overall.

Im not saying it should definitely should be implemented, I just wanted some feedback on this.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
Did they increase how long it is? I haven't noticed.
If not, i think it's fine. They already buffed his recovery giving his Side B the buffs from brawl. I already think is falcon kick is too good with the landing lag and end animations so small, it's combo food now.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Did they increase how long it is? I haven't noticed.
If not, i think it's fine. They already buffed his recovery giving his Side B the buffs from brawl. I already think is falcon kick is too good with the landing lag and end animations so small, it's combo food now.

yeah, the overall length is bigger, which makes using it off the edge risky. I can kinda see what you mean with the buffs though. Might be a worthy trade off. But for ganon, who has such a defenceless recovery, I think it would be worth it.

skstylez

Smash Journeyman
I dont' get it, are you saying the air falcon kick is longer than Brawl or Melee? Because I know they are trying to recreate him faithfully. And like Ace said, falcon indeed doesn't have a great recovery, but that's part of the point. Falco's recovery is awful but makes up for it on stage. Falcon is similar.
Plus, with the right angle or DI, falcon has a recovery that few characters can match

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
I dont' get it, are you saying the air falcon kick is longer than Brawl or Melee? Because I know they are trying to recreate him faithfully. And like Ace said, falcon indeed doesn't have a great recovery, but that's part of the point. Falco's recovery is awful but makes up for it on stage. Falcon is similar.
Plus, with the right angle or DI, falcon has a recovery that few characters can match
Uhh i'm not really sure about brawls, falcon kick because I never really played falcon in brawl but in project m the angle in which the kick goes in the air is more vertical. in melee it goes more horizantally in the air, which helps him get closer to the stage than to the floor.
But I can see what you mean, he really doesn't need it much. I was just curious to know what people thought.

Ninjamo

Smash Cadet
I agree for the most party. Gdorf has the better recovery as it stands. I can get two wizard kicks off and still be able to recover, whereas I can do one falcon kick and most of the time not be able to reach ledge.

Also, I really wish they would do something about Falcon's Up+B. It doesn't cover much distance and is laughably easy to punish.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Aerial falcon kick is identical to melee.

Falcon's upB can grab opponents who are hanging on the ledge now as long as they don't have any more invincibility frames. UpB most likely has a sweetspot now on both regular and reverse upB. If it still puts you above the ledge slightly, I can at least tell you it's not as noticeable or harder to edgeguard than Melee's. Side can also sweetspot the ledge fairly low, basically like a spacie illusion. SideB also spikes and activates pretty early sometimes making edgeguarding it not the easiest thing in the world.

That's pretty sizable in my mind in regards to Falcon's recovery being much better than it was in Melee.

Crescent Monkey

Smash Apprentice
His recovery is for sure better than it was in Melee, and I'm quite thankful for the buffs, but the fact still remains that his recovery is among the worst in the game, and considering how many weaknesses he has, he deserves all the slight buffs he can get. Shortening aerial Falcon Kick and removing land-lag on aerial Raptor boost would be nice.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I can agree with that. I didn't consider it good for anything outside of recovery and (rarely) positioning. It's got some kill potential, combo potential, and is fast enough to catch the opponent off guard as long as you don't apply it liberally. It's good, just not something to apply to ALL situations. Like most moves actually.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
I can agree for the most part, that the falcon kick is now overall better, but captain falcon's recovery is still lacking due to his inability to use it as a recovery option. Maybe making the falcon kick differently sized in the air would be cool. Or maybe making the up b less easy to hit? The darkness on ganondorf's up b still hits people even if the up b doesnt grab them I think it would be cool if captain falcon had something similar but with flames. He probably doesn't need it, but in all fairness he was the worst of the melee supers.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I can agree for the most part, that the falcon kick is now overall better, but captain falcon's recovery is still lacking due to his inability to use it as a recovery option. Maybe making the falcon kick differently sized in the air would be cool. Or maybe making the up b less easy to hit? The darkness on ganondorf's up b still hits people even if the up b doesnt grab them I think it would be cool if captain falcon had something similar but with flames. He probably doesn't need it, but in all fairness he was the worst of the melee supers.

They already buffed up Falcon's Up B by making the sweet spot higher on his hurtbox so he can catch the bottom side of the ledge easier. He's got a killer on stage game so think about his lackluster recovery as the balance. I think recovery is fine as is. Not good mind you, just fine.

Top Bottom