• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon kick gimping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
it doesnt work for those of you who didnt get it

Dolphin slash will stage spike you 160% of the time if you try it,,

this is a good idea skip... they just dont want to admit it because its
"risky"
PSSSH
so is extreme hogging, and thats one of the best ATs ive seen
i admit it is risky, but even after i miss, its kind of a mindgame, because they just edgehog and get stage spiked by upb.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
i admit it is risky, but even after i miss, its kind of a mindgame, because they just edgehog and get stage spiked by upb.

That's a pathetic save for your argument. Invincibility frames. You will be so low on the map that even with your second jump you most likely won't get them in your Falcon Dive and will either pass them and land on the stage, and get punished with a ledge hopped attack, or not get the ledge and fall till and die.

:bandit:

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord

That's a pathetic save for your argument. Invincibility frames. You will be so low on the map that even with your second jump you most likely won't get them in your Falcon Dive and will either pass them and land on the stage, and get punished with a ledge hopped attack, or not get the ledge and fall till and die.

:bandit:
invincibility frames allow me to still grab the edge after i miss. have fun doing whatever you do to marth's offstage :]

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
invincibility frames allow me to still grab the edge after i miss. have fun doing whatever you do to marth's offstage :]
Your side of the arguement is lacking, as said 'good' marth will have no trouble finding a way around your off stage aerial falcon kick.

The offstage aerial falcon kick after a full hop, will put you in a position that you'll only be able to return to the stage by grabbing the edge.
You will get edgehogged man.

Player-3

Smash Hero
u gaiz are haters
i did this at the tourny yesterday

granted it was on rainbow cruise but still

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i forget some of you are wifi only. and explain to me what a good marth will do when its time to use his up b. airdodge and miss edge anyway? attack with uair knocking you up while he falls lower?

Zeallyx

i forget some of you are wifi only. and explain to me what a good marth will do when its time to use his up b. airdodge and miss edge anyway? attack with uair knocking you up while he falls lower?
then you might as well use a safer 'gimp move'..
Think before you post plz.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
then you might as well use a safer 'gimp move'..
Think before you post plz.
err think before you post? if he uairs you he will die if it was his time to recover leaving you at a better position. if he airdodges, you can recover. he cant. like i said, some of you are wifi only and input lag would screw you over. and considering i used this at the tourney i was in yesterday to gimp a marth, a dk player, (he knows about the upb super armor so i would get freakin ***** at possible gimps) so the falcon kick hitting above his up b was very helpful imo.
and considering the name of the tourney was "G.I.M.P.E.D." i got my fair share of gimps in. You should see comments left about my falcon in the thread. People actually want to ban it (its just a joke) cuz of my creativity with falcon. Like I said, you don't have to use this, and if you play wifi only, I wouldn't recommend it because input lag will probably screw you up big time. Every technique used takes skill to execute and definitely timing. If you time it right, I guarantee they cant recover.

Zeallyx

leik wat
bair? get DSed to hell?
Knee? get LOLSTAGESPIKED to hell?
up b? get b uped?
}:
plus its variety, and variety is a good thing
Variety is good, but not this..
this is too risky.

err think before you post? if he uairs you he will die if it was his time to recover leaving you at a better position. if he airdodges, you can recover. he cant. like i said, some of you are wifi only and input lag would screw you over. and considering i used this at the tourney i was in yesterday to gimp a marth, a dk player, (he knows about the upb super armor so i would get freakin ***** at possible gimps) so the falcon kick hitting above his up b was very helpful imo.
and considering the name of the tourney was "G.I.M.P.E.D." i got my fair share of gimps in. You should see comments left about my falcon in the thread. People actually want to ban it (its just a joke) cuz of my creativity with falcon. Like I said, you don't have to use this, and if you play wifi only, I wouldn't recommend it because input lag will probably screw you up big time. Every technique used takes skill to execute and definitely timing. If you time it right, I guarantee they cant recover.
*facepalm*
the only good application you mentioned for it may be on a recovering DK..
still, this **** is situational.
and besides, I made a thread about this when I started here..
and I was told the truth, wich I am now telling you:)

so, 1. its old
2. situational, and there are far better options.

and who plays wifi only..?

Player-3

Smash Hero
Aerial Falcon Kick has enough startup to react; they can probably just hit you with an earlier up-B. I also wonder if they can get off a counter.
i lol'd.....

besides if they even tried to do it, just AFKcancel and then get back on stage... free stock

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Yea you guys are right. I'll continue to place horribly with falcon and use falcon kick and i might even spam the b button as an approach. Flame me all you want, I still think it's a good idea. I'll still continue to use it because I haven't been punished for it yet.

EDIT: Yes it is a situational move, I dont use it on every character I come across. Certain characters require certain strategies.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Yea you guys are right. I'll continue to place horribly with falcon and use falcon kick and i might even spam the b button as an approach. Flame me all you want, I still think it's a good idea. I'll still continue to use it because I haven't been punished for it yet.

EDIT: Yes it is a situational move, I dont use it on every character I come across. Certain characters require certain strategies.
yo dawg im on our side here mang

i did this before you even posted it, but only agaisnt lucario because he CANT punish you... and im lazy and dont wnat to aim a knee

but that was just instinct.. ive thought about it and can think of a few more chars to gimp with this

I.E- Reverse full hopping off stage to a AFK to gimp a barreling diddy.
that would induce lulz

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
hmm..i havent though about lucario. My friend mains lucario. His mind games **** me but he's help me approved overall as a player. I understand you're on my side P3, and I like Wogrim because he can disagree and not sound snobby about it at all. I like you 2. lolz.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Link: walkoff FAir is safer and works every time; he might also be able to screw you with a tether recovery before your up-B gets back to the edge or boomerang/arrow you

DK: doesn't really gimp him much (worked on the CPU since they airdodge after the hit, but I think any human who just up-B's again right after would be safe)

Wario: he's screwed in any case that you knock him off his bike when he's recovering, so I don't see why Falcon Kick is such a good choice

Lucario: uh... anything can hit him, why not pick something more likely to kill him?

I'm not convinced that Marth doesn't have any options to avoid it unless he's low enough that he can't get back if he does anything but up-B, in which case you can just edgehog him for a safer kill.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Lucario: uh... anything can hit him, why not pick something more likely to kill him?
Try aiming a Knee at him.

or any aerial.

that up b of his can do some crazy turning ****, id prefer to have a wall of FIAR for him to run into than have him only have to dodge a limb

Also diddy, for the lulzys of FKing his barrels to ejaculate eject his barrels out onto the map

Zeallyx

What the hell is going on here..

skip2, why do act all cocky while you reposted something old and act like its the next best thing?
dude, its not..at all.

We aren't talking about 'your placing', we are telling you there are better options than your tactic.
Just deal with it dude, we weren't attacking you at all, we were only telling you the truth.

Some people here..are peculiar.

also, P3 why are you on his side..you seem like fanboy to me, wich means your opinion means nothing.

This board is going nowhere fast. Heck, I am contributing to the road to nowhere too.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Link: walkoff FAir is safer and works every time; he might also be able to screw you with a tether recovery before your up-B gets back to the edge or boomerang/arrow you

DK: doesn't really gimp him much (worked on the CPU since they airdodge after the hit, but I think any human who just up-B's again right after would be safe)

Wario: he's screwed in any case that you knock him off his bike when he's recovering, so I don't see why Falcon Kick is such a good choice

I'm not convinced that Marth doesn't have any options to avoid it unless he's low enough that he can't get back if he does anything but up-B, in which case you can just edgehog him for a safer kill.
the video was only meant for demonstration. not characters to actually use it on. it works well on dk, because if they miss edge and use up b the landing lag sets up for a knee or if they go for ledge i like to drop off ledge and quarter circle back to edge hog them.

edit: and to the above im not acting cocky and didn't know this was old. if anything, many of you were acting very snobby to begin with. There's other ways to tell the truth to someone than acting like a complete *******. Sometimes I wonder why the hell I use a forum when people wouldnt say half this **** to me in person. Or at least put it in the way you guys are saying it. Which is why I respect wogrim because he can disagree and not sound snobby about it. I value his opinion way more than yours because he's simply respectful.

Player-3

Smash Hero

skip2, why do act all cocky while you reposted something old and act like its the next best thing?
dude, its not..at all.

We aren't talking about 'your placing', we are telling you there are better options than your tactic.
Just deal with it dude, we weren't attacking you at all, we were only telling you the truth.

also, P3 why are you on his side..you seem like fanboy to me, wich means your opinion means nothing.

This board is going nowhere fast. Heck, I am contributing to the road to nowhere too.

the hell man im no fanboy

so i approve of using AFK as a viable anti-recovery, that makes me a fanboy?
maybe of captain falcon, yes

unless you didnt read ive been trying to help you guys see that this CAN be the BEST option offstage agaisnt CERTAIN CHARACTERS(likediddyandluc)
situationaly of course.

-most of the things i type over the internet are for the lulz...im experimenting on how to get sarcasm to work over the internet using puncuation, its not working yet

this post was srs bisness though.

Zeallyx

the hell man im no fanboy

so i approve of using AFK as a viable anti-recovery, that makes me a fanboy?
maybe of captain falcon, yes

unless you didnt read ive been trying to help you guys see that this CAN be the BEST option offstage agaisnt CERTAIN CHARACTERS(likediddyandluc)
situationaly of course.

-most of the things i type over the internet are for the lulz...im experimenting on how to get sarcasm to work over the internet using puncuation, its not working yet

this post was srs bisness though.
nah, that doesn't make you a fanboy.

This:

skips falcon makes me cream myself spontaneously.

im not kidding..
does make you a fanboy though.

and yeah, cool for helping out man
/sarcasm

^thats how you use sarcasm.
you're welcome

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Because we all know people who excrete bodily fluid spontaneously from watching a game.

Player-3

Smash Hero
nah, that doesn't make you a fanboy.

This:

does make you a fanboy though.

and yeah, cool for helping out man
/sarcasm

^thats how you use sarcasm.
you're welcome
if you havent realized im a troll by nature by now, i underestimated your intelligence

thats all im going to say because i dun wanna spam

and i never thought of saying /sarcasm...
/sarcasm

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord

dude, its not..at all.

I never said it was the next best thing. Heck, I said that I didn't even use this all the time. It's just something to throw out there when least expected. It's like GnW walking toward you and using a judgement hammer and he happens to get a 9.

By peculiar what do you mean?

Zeallyx

if you havent realized im a troll by nature by now, i underestimated your intelligence

thats all im going to say because i dun wanna spam

and i never thought of saying /sarcasm...
/sarcasm
Isn't admitting one is a troll report material?

and if you had thought about using that..then why don't you use it..

Zeallyx

I never said it was the next best thing. Heck, I said that I didn't even use this all the time. It's just something to throw out there when least expected. It's like GnW walking toward you and using a judgement hammer and he happens to get a 9.

By peculiar what do you mean?
the video was only meant for demonstration. not characters to actually use it on. it works well on dk, because if they miss edge and use up b the landing lag sets up for a knee or if they go for ledge i like to drop off ledge and quarter circle back to edge hog them.

edit: and to the above im not acting cocky and didn't know this was old. if anything, many of you were acting very snobby to begin with. There's other ways to tell the truth to someone than acting like a complete *******. Sometimes I wonder why the hell I use a forum when people wouldnt say half this **** to me in person. Or at least put it in the way you guys are saying it. Which is why I respect wogrim because he can disagree and not sound snobby about it. I value his opinion way more than yours because he's simply respectful.
Your side of the arguement is lacking, as said 'good' marth will have no trouble finding a way around your off stage aerial falcon kick.

The offstage aerial falcon kick after a full hop, will put you in a position that you'll only be able to return to the stage by grabbing the edge.
You will get edgehogged man.
In short:
You were an ***

I was polite at first.

also, if you cant handle/dont like the interwebz, dont use it.

I think he's being sarcastic. I think. Could you link me to the old thread?
what old thread?

Player-3

Smash Hero
CANT YOU SEE YOUR ARGUING IS TEARING US APART?!

@knee I don't use it for the same reason you don't play mk

Ilovethefalconboards

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
So, there's a much cooler/flashier/effective way of doing this than shown in the video.

I can have it uploaded for you guys by this week, lol.

I call it the Camalange Combo ;o
lol

Basically, you double jump Falcon Kick offstage, but you hit the opponent TOWARDS the stage, they get stage spiked, recover with an UpB "YES!" for another stage spike, then recover as your opponent fails offscreen and stares in awe at your glorious kill.

:093:

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
So, there's a much cooler/flashier/effective way of doing this than shown in the video.

I can have it uploaded for you guys by this week, lol.

I call it the Camalange Combo ;o
lol

Basically, you double jump Falcon Kick offstage, but you hit the opponent TOWARDS the stage, they get stage spiked, recover with an UpB "YES!" for another stage spike, then recover as your opponent fails offscreen and stares in awe at your glorious kill.

If that looks as cool as you make it sound

10 :093:s

Zeallyx

CANT YOU SEE YOUR ARGUING IS TEARING US APART?!

@knee I don't use it for the same reason you don't play mk

Ilovethefalconboards
I don't main falcon because 'I love the falcon boards'..

again, some people here are..peculiar..

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
If that looks as cool as you make it sound

10 :093:s
Oh it does...it does.

Can't wait 'till it's uploaded, lol. Best part is that I pulled it off in a Falcon ditto MM.

Player-3

Smash Hero
I don't main falcon because 'I love the falcon boards'..

again, some people here are..peculiar..
I'm not gay.
That's not what I meant, I don't use it because it's the easy way out

The ilovethefalvonboards was a seperate statement , hence the empty line between the two

Tv

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Of those 3 quotes the only time I was an *** was the one where I started cursing. I used to be wifi only but this was a long time ago when i mained pit. I was giving you situations in what a marth can possibly do at that moment so the 3rd quote I wasn't being an *** in anyway what so ever. The first quote is the truth. I never said it was the next best thing and it is unexpected unless you're using it all the time, which like every move, won't be unexpected if you use it all the time.
I have nothing against the internet. I do have something against people who try to be net gangsta.

Zeallyx

I'm not gay.
That's not what I meant, I don't use it because it's the easy way out

The ilovethefalvonboards was a seperate statement , hence the empty line between the two

Tv
..you must learn to play to win.
MK is not an 'easy' way out. everyone can choose him from the character screen.
I just choose not to, because I'd rather try to advance my favorite/best character.

for that I do not play to win, but still, I try to.
sue me.

Of those 3 quotes the only time I was an *** was the one where I started cursing. I used to be wifi only but this was a long time ago when i mained pit. I was giving you situations in what a marth can possibly do at that moment so the 3rd quote I wasn't being an *** in anyway what so ever. The first quote is the truth. I never said it was the next best thing and it is unexpected unless you're using it all the time, which like every move, won't be unexpected if you use it all the time.
I have nothing against the internet. I do have something against people who try to be net gangsta.

You were beeing an ***, trying to 'diss' darx (making you a 'net gangster' too, son).
stop defending this. It's not worth it.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
..you must learn to play to win.
MK is not an 'easy' way out. everyone can choose him from the character screen.
I just choose not to, because I'd rather try to advance my favorite/best character.

for that I do not play to win, but still, I try to.
sue me.

You were beeing an ***, trying to 'diss' darx (making you a 'net gangster' too, son).
stop defending this. It's not worth it.
how did i try to diss darx? And yea im a net gangsta. you better stop before i shoot you.

Zeallyx

how did i try to diss darx? And yea im a net gangsta. you better stop before i shoot you.
Here:
Next time look for it yourself, so I dont have to quote you.

and *facepalm*@making a joke out of your own defence.
Again, stop trying to defend this, its not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom