• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon is terrible now just accept it

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I just got Brawl yesterday, and after unlocking Falcon I decided to give him a go. (both me and my friend had adjusted to the new physics of Brawl by then.)

I went in expecting a really terrible character like everybody here seems to say he is, but to my surprise I found him to be fairly decent.

I was impressed by the new Falcon dive and how much more range/ko power it has now. Falcon Kick also seems better somehow. Yes, the Knee is infinately harder to use, but his Uair seems better than it was in Melee. His AAA combo is still very useful for annoying people and I found myself using his Ftilt a lot, since it's faster than it was in Melee.

He's nerfed, yes, but he's hardly a terrible characters at all. I can see people using him quite effectively so long as you focus mainly on your spacing and don't use too many low aerials.

He's not nearly as terrible as these boards would have you think...if anybody has been massively nerfed, it's Jigglypuff!

RPK

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff still has her ability to combo people off the side of the stage but has lost rest....Falcon has lost a major kill move and the ability to easily end his combos which can now be airdodged out of...Yeah...Falcon got nerfed more then Jigs

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I wanted to have faith in Falcon after all the bad news I heard about him. I trained with him trying to learn how to play as him. If he still had his knee from Melee he'd be fine. But Falcon just can not compete against better players. He has almost no priority on his attacks. He can't combo, his stomp was nerfed, the raptor boost is garbage, and he has poor range. Capt. Falcon is probably one of the hardest hit characters by a nerf bat in the history of video games.

Falcon deserves better, but they were too busy buffing the low tier guys as well as balancing the newcomers. He was a character designed for Melee but shoved into the Brawl world. It's so sad cause now I'm stuck with one of my favorite characters being mediocre for a good five to six years.

Falcon's only strength is juggling and punishing the laggy heavyweights like Ike, Bowser, and Charizard. W/e all this whining makes me feel sad for the poor Capt. :(

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
We're still trying buddy. Hang in there. Us Falcon players are a support group in its own. Minus the tissue and retreats.
:laugh: I still play as Falcon in 4player FFA because I can wreck faces with his punch so he went from a serious character to my 'Let's just goof off and have some fun' guy. Not what I wanted, but not the worst outcome.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Jigglypuff still has her ability to combo people off the side of the stage but has lost rest....Falcon has lost a major kill move and the ability to easily end his combos which can now be airdodged out of...Yeah...Falcon got nerfed more then Jigs
She also seems to have lost a great deal of speed, aerial mobility and range from what I've found compared to Melee Jiggs.

But I do like her new rollout.

Top Bottom