• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon is great

Rigor Mortis

Smash Journeyman
But not against metaknight

LIKE SERIOUSLY!!! I have NO probelm with the likes of snake,lucas, toon link,zamus or anyone only metaknights fudging insane gimping skills owns me

and i hate the fact that i own with falcon and yet my 10 year old brother randomly chooses metaknight and beat me like wth?!!

in other words how do i aproach a metaknight!

P.S. Technical skill isnt a problem! *i can infinte jump perfectly 3 times in a row!*

P.S.S ALMOST HAVE MGS4 :D

Edds

Smash Ace
i agree. falcon is great

um. just dont bother attemping doing any aerials against mk. unless your really fast...... like a falcon...

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
auto canceled Dairs can rack him up to 70& then you can knee, however the tough part is to get past his blade

and no Falcon DOES suck, I picked up snake in 30 minutes and he was good as my Falcon, but I still main Falcon because he WILL one day have some ridiculous AT that puts him in top tier position

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
auto canceled Dairs can rack him up to 70& then you can knee, however the tough part is to get past his blade

and no Falcon DOES suck, I picked up snake in 30 minutes and he was good as my Falcon, but I still main Falcon because he WILL one day have some ridiculous AT that puts him in top tier position
falcon pride ftw

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Approaching Metaknight? That's a dangerous idea!

But anyhow if he uses a Tornado, use a Falcon Kick.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
LIKE SERIOUSLY!!! I have NO probelm with the likes of snake,lucas, toon link,zamus or anyone
Lol. play better people.

and i hate the fact that i own with falcon and yet my 10 year old brother randomly chooses metaknight and beat me like wth?!!
you do not own with falcon if you play against snakes and TLs and consistently win. This just means the people you play against really stink.

P.S. Technical skill isnt a problem! *i can infinte jump perfectly 3 times in a row!*
again, Lol.

As for the actual matchup itself, I'm of the opinion it's a lost cause at this point. MK completely overwhelms falcon. Like you said, you opponent doesn't even have to be good - MK will do all the work for him. As long as the MK player isnt horrid, falcon will lose.

Tristan Fattest of All Kids

Smash Journeyman
i agree. falcon is great

um. just dont bother attemping doing any aerials against mk. unless your really fast...... like a falcon...

Well, I don't. I'm sorry, but MK is just too cheap for Falcon. It's the fact of the game.
If you don't like it, then go complain on the forums! oh...

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
MK is a pretty hopeless matchup for Falcon. He has disjointed hitboxes, moar priority, quicker attacks, better kill moves, better recovery...Falcon doesn't really have anthing going for him in this one. It's no Marth vs. Ness, but it's up there.

Charoo

Smash Champion
mk is hard to win but anything is possible. Just ask yourself, "what would Rick Wheeler do"?

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
Stop crying and become stronger with your main. If you are a community of Falcon mainners, develop a strategy against him. I can't believe C. Falcon is hopeless.
There's only a couple people who want to help develop Falcon's meta-game, everyone else mains Falcon because they suck to much with Snake and MK to be taken seriously

and yes you know who you are

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Metaknight players love being grabbed. Metaknight's attacks have a noticably set amount of duration. Sheild the initial attack, and when the attack is over shield-grab and them beat him to hell. (the sheild grab trick really does work on MK becuase his attack animations only actually "attack" for a few frames)

And since Metaknight moves so slowley through the air during his jumps, the raptor boost needs to be spammed when he is recovering. These can easily make or break a match.

noobslayer

Smash Apprentice
Lol. play better people.

you do not own with falcon if you play against snakes and TLs and consistently win. This just means the people you play against really stink.

Just because someone has bad grammar and is not aquainted with Smash lingo doesn't mean you can't own peoplee. :chuckle: I **** my friend who has a decent Snake! (NO PUN INTENDED)

But yeah he probably isn't that good.

Danzo

Smash Rookie
fight mk a lot until u know how the opponent use mk.

Side B is good for approaching and mind games use it often, and try to use captain falcon down smash as your defence, also it kills mk at 80%

Good Luck.

Radiation

Smash Apprentice
Use Falcon Kick a lot but don't be predictable, and make sure you're not gonna get punished with an nair right in the face. (Falcon Kick is a really good counter for the tornado, too) (Shield) Grab a lot, but only use fthrow or bthrow and don't try to follow up because Metaknight's sword comes out super fast and outprioritizes you. This is pretty moot to bring up but Falcon's jabs are pretty awesome too.

Don't use nair EVER unless you have a good opening. In fact, avoid attacking Metaknight in the air at all for the most part if you can besides the occasional uair.

Use tilts, especially utilt and ftilt. They're not the greatest tilts in the game, but utilt has nice shield pushback so you won't get grabbed and it can kill Metaknight at higher percentages. Dsmash is punishable but has good range and can kill him. Falcon's tilt's aren't something you can spam but you definitely need to use them if you want to beat Metaknight.

Raptor Boost is total trash against Metaknight because he can just hit you out of it and his tornado goes through it. Random up+bs, while punishable, deal ~18% damage and some fair knockback and can't be shielded, so don't be afraid to try.

Once you get off the stage you're dead, because Metaknight can simply d-air you and then edgehog no matter what percentage you're at. Try to use up+b prematurely and get grab superarmor or use the raptor boost spike or maybe even a u-air to get him out of your face if you can time it right.

That's about all the advice I can give. MK is a horrible matchup for Falcon no matter how you slice it.

Top Bottom