• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon CUSTOMIZE! What could his custom specials be?

SciCore

Filthy Casual
A weaker falcon punch that actually launches a flaming falcon would be amazing.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
A blue Falcon Punch. Just so we can have "Blue Falcon Punch". I don't know what it would do, maybe propel him forward.

Silvalfo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Silvalfo
Reviving this due to new information coming.
As it's visible in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_ddornf04&t=1m31s
There are, at least:
Sliding/ranged falcon punch
upload_2014-9-11_23-26-31.png

Semi-viable Falcon Punch? Less damaging? Faster? I don't know, but it already seems a lot better than the regular Pawnch.

Electric Falcon Kick
upload_2014-9-11_23-30-12.png

I hope this isn't simply an aesthetic change. Because it's lightning, it might be faster (as electricity and lightning stuff are often paired with quickness and stuff), or even stronger (knee of justice, anyone?). Whatever, it looks cool as hell.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
As it's visible in this video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ_ddornf04&t=1m31s
There are, at least:
Sliding/ranged falcon punchView attachment 24843
Semi-viable Falcon Punch? Less damaging? Faster? I don't know, but it already seems a lot better than the regular Pawnch.

Electric Falcon Kick
View attachment 24846
I hope this isn't simply an aesthetic change. Because it's lightning, it might be faster (as electricity and lightning stuff are often paired with quickness and stuff), or even stronger (knee of justice, anyone?). Whatever, it looks cool as hell.
That Falcon Punch gives horizontal distance but has almost no KO power.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
There are, at least:
Sliding/ranged falcon punchView attachment 24843

Electric Falcon Kick
View attachment 24846
Hnnnnn, I need to know more about these. Electric Falcon Kick sounds great.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
All that I need to know about the Sliding Falcon Punch is:
  1. Is the slide do-able airborne?
    If so, then B-reversed, Pivoted, & WaveBounced Sliding Falcon Punches are worth the recovery viability.
All that I need to know about the Electric Falcon Kick is:
  1. Does the close-range or the attack's hit-box airborne off-stage meteor smash / deal a true spike?

Because apparently, anything in Falcon's electric kick pathing, is dealt 8% & litttle knock-back / hit-stun, but up close, the foe gets launched vertically upwards. & dealt 18%. So either, it's airborne hit-box horizontally launches them forward, or it's a meteor smash, like Sonic's D-air.

Last edited:

Chompjil

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Chompjil
3DS FC
0387-8858-0021
Projectile move possible, it would definitely change falcon's play style

Chauzu

Smash Ace
I've got 8/9 of the Falcon custom moves atm. I've tried Smash Run 10 times (10 times!!!!!!!!!!!) to get the last one but game is trolling me so hard.

If I get it today I'll be doing a vid.

I've tried using the ones I got a bit, the slow Falcon Punch is absolutely useless (it has worse knockback than normal Falcon Punch lol) but all of the other special moves feels good.

oksas

oak-sauce
yeah don't think I've seen any info on them other than the falcon punch and lightning kick. sharing would be great :D

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Not today though sorry, game still trolling me. But could give you a teaser.

Neutral Special

One is a Falcon Punch that slides you forward. It's weaker and does less knockback, might be a bit faster?

The other is a slow Falcon Punch, kinda like the Warlock Punch. It does huuuge damage. But very little knockback. Basically, if you land it on a 0% opponent it will barely move lol.

Side Special

The first is strong but very slow and low range.

The 2nd is interesting. It has a small startup period but then moves very fast and does more knockback I think than the standard one.

Up Special

First we have an improved recovery that goes higher but doesn't do any damage.

The second is a stronger attacing move but much smaller recovery.

Down Special

Firstly we have the one you have surely seen, the lightning kick (and the one I haven't got yet).

Then we have a little bit slower. But it's a multi hit move that deals more knockback than normal Falcon Kick.

If you really want to see some of these in action you can look here:

http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/b/569274929

Fast forward 12h 30 mins (lol) and you'll have a game where I showed of some of these. Slow Falcon Punch, Strong Up Special, the interesting Side Special and the multi hit Falcon Kick.

Last edited:

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
Thank you so much ^^ , I was eager to see this, and I can't wait for your video.

Off-topic: And as a fellow bearded, I can say you sport yours well. I pay you my respects.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

Neutral Special

One is a Falcon Punch that slides you forward. It's weaker and does less knockback, might be a bit faster?

The other is a slow Falcon Punch, kinda like the Warlock Punch. It does huuuge damage. But very little knockback. Basically, if you land it on a 0% opponent it will barely move lol.

Side Special

The first is strong but very slow and low range.

The 2nd is interesting. It has a small startup period but then moves very fast and does more knockback I think than the standard one.

Up Special

First we have an improved recovery that goes higher but doesn't do any damage.

The second is a stronger attacing move but much smaller recovery.

Down Special

Firstly we have the one you have surely seen, the lightning kick (and the one I haven't got yet).

Then we have a little bit slower. But it's a multi hit move that deals more knockback than normal Falcon Kick.

If you really want to see some of these in action you can look here:

http://www.twitch.tv/jed05/b/569274929

Fast forward 12h 30 mins (lol) and you'll have a game where I showed of some of these. Slow Falcon Punch, Strong Up Special, the interesting Side Special and the multi hit Falcon Kick.
Damn. So. I wanna give my thoughts to each custom special variation based off your teaser:
:GCB:
  • Yes omg yes. A flying Falcon Punch that grants a slide is hyesz. The moment I see this custom special done used in the air, I'll be either sold off the market or I'll contemplate about still wanting to use it.
  • I see the second Falcon Punch variation being strictly Team Battle strategy. When you think about it, a grab setup into this bad boy sets up for tons of damage & no knock-back leading to more combo'ing.
:GCL::GCR::GCB:
  • First one turns me off. I'd have to see it in full action to give my opinion on it before writing it off. Sounds great for Team Battles.
  • Second one sounds interesting indeed. I remember watching it from your twitch, & I felt it's a better version of the original.
:GCU::GCB:
  • Oh, an UpB variation that doesn't grab & do damage? No thanks for me. I'd need to watch it before writing it off however, perhaps it has improved trajectory & mobility while recovering.
  • Hmm, sacrificing recovery power trading it off for a more powerful move. .Is the attacking move the explosion grab damage?
:GCD::GCB:
  • Lightning kick for me is mixed feelings, it certainly looks cool & it's dash animation surely looks faster, feels like it has a bit more cooldown lag than the regular FK.
  • The second variation seeing it from your stream, it was cool seeing it used & watching how it launched fighters. I feel this will be my go-to variation to use over the regular FK. Though both the Falcon Kick variations can be ledge-canceled so I may not be picky with either.

Last edited:

-Key-

Smash Cadet
If you use Lightning Kick in the air and land close enough to hit a grounded opponent, they are stunned like they got hit by ZSS's Neutral B. Once the stun ends, they get popped up into the air (minor knockback, possible combo starter?). Not sure what happens if you hit them before the stun ends (do they stay stuck or does an attack break them out of the stun?) or if you can grab them while they're stunned.

The knockback on grounded Lightning Kick is virtually nonexistent.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninjalink/b/569320311 (1:02:47 = timestamp)

Also, the higher-jumping Up-B does have a hitbox, it just doesn't grab. The hitbox begins after Falcon is moving vertically, so if you stand right next to someone and try it, you'll never hit them. It's similar to Ganondorf's Up-B.

http://www.twitch.tv/ninjalink/b/569320311 (1:03:35 = timestamp)

oksas

oak-sauce
all those look/sound pretty legit, at least relative to the rest of the game. I would tend to think because of how much less crippling edge guarding should be for Falcon in this game, taking a more powerful up b at the cost of speed sounds pretty good to me.

Hoser

Smash Ace
That move might not be unlock-able in Smash Run. I know Villager has a move that is unlocked through completing an event/challange/whatever they're called. Falcon could be the same.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
That's nice and all, but I would very much like a translation for all of these moves, thank you very much.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
I think this is what you're looking for guys :)
Man, I'm liking that electric Falcon Kick into knee combo. That could be very useful, especially considering that he knee is a relatively low damage kill move compared to most moves in the game.

Top Bottom