• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon combo

Metroid475

Smash Cadet
I was using C. Falcon the other day and found a great combo that includes his Fair. At around 30%-60% you can Dthrow and follow up with a SH Fair. IF your close to the edge it will kill for sure.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
If only it were true that the dthrow could actually lead to anything. Then throwing would be worthwhile.

But you really can't combo sh knee after a dthrow. They can totally airdodge before it.

Metroid475

Smash Cadet
Actually it depends on who your opponent is. I have fought a human snake and he was stunned enough to connect with SH Fair. this combo mainly works with the heavier characters.

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
Dthrow Knee, The best combo in melee.

Too bad its only situational in brawl.

Metroid475

Smash Cadet
I'm not saying to do it as a main combo. Your opponent is not always going to dodge your knee. First start off with other combos and just throw this in there out of random.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Exactly. This is only useable if you mindgame your opponent into it. Just like 95% of Falcon's other moves. Falcon's game revolves around mindgames. If you can't mindgame you will lose with Falcon. Guaranteed.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, no way it's guarnteed, but I'll keep this in mind, the percentage noting was pretty cool.

Sh1n0b1

Smash Journeyman
Its more of a situational move then a useful move. I mean it can still work but probably if your opponent screws up somewhere.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
I've managed to get in the knee sometimes just as the stun frames end, so sometimes it might actually be one of the few actual combos in Brawl.

I always assumed in CharDiscussion that "combos" == mindgame hits, like uair - knee and stuff since no character has true "combos" anymore.

Metroid475

Smash Cadet
I've managed to get in the knee sometimes just as the stun frames end, so sometimes it might actually be one of the few actual combos in Brawl.

I always assumed in CharDiscussion that "combos" == mindgame hits, like uair - knee and stuff since no character has true "combos" anymore.
Thanks Chris. Couldnt have said it better myself.

Sephiroth27

Smash Ace
So many people say "Good players would get out of that" or something to that extent. You can't just name off the best case scenario for your opponent and leave it at that...Not to mention the fact that this is Brawl, and it doesn't take "good players" to get out of alot of stuff anyways.

"Down-throw > Knee would never connect to a good opponent. They would just air dodge."

My response: A "good" opponent would predict the air dodge and time the knee afterwards.

See? I can play the "best case scenario" game too.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
True combos exist, but they are extremely rare. There are weird things like attacking someone out of a Footstool Jump (unblockable), Ganondorf's Forward B, and other stuff I don't remember at the moment.

Ulevo

Smash Master
So many people say "Good players would get out of that" or something to that extent. You can't just name off the best case scenario for your opponent and leave it at that...Not to mention the fact that this is Brawl, and it doesn't take "good players" to get out of alot of stuff anyways.

"Down-throw > Knee would never connect to a good opponent. They would just air dodge."

My response: A "good" opponent would predict the air dodge and time the knee afterwards.

See? I can play the "best case scenario" game too.
Quoted for truth.

Just don't play CPUs and try this. They will Perfect Shield/Air Dodge perfectly and whip you every time.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It's really easy to tell when someone is going to jump and attack or not, so it's really easy to just wait until you seem them start to jump to attack, particularly for the knee with it's activation time. Also, if you're over the ground, you can't afford to delay too long an attack after jumping, otherwise the move won't activate before you hit the ground.

It's usually best to hit them with a dash attack or Falcon Kick as they're about to land on the ground.

D-throw to knee might work better if you toss them off the ledge, but a wary, ready opponent can still get away from it.

Top Bottom