• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falcon combo I did the other day

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
Hehe nice, not exactly a combo, but good stuff, well played good sir.

In the other guy's defense, he WAS DK, not exactly a bad match for falcon.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I've never thought of using the jabs in such a way as that. That was great even though it was DK. I'd like to see more of what you can do with Falcon.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I wonder if jabbing after aerials can be applied to create combos consistently...

Nair, reset, Uair, reset, Dtilt, KNEE! Or something.

I haven't played Falcon in Brawl too much so sorry if that sounds stupid.

Mizar

Smash Ace
Nice vids man. I can't record my gameplay but I do almost the same thing as you did in the prequal vid. Only I Dair instead of knee.

Oh and about the first vid (Vol.2) you make a really good use of those jabs :)

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Stage spikes ftw. I want to see someone walltech one though, seems everyones just forgot about tech.
Honestly teching is pretty much a lost art in Brawl. In most circumstances it's much more advantageous to just land and then use your pitfalled attack to get back up. You usually get in a hit on your opponent who charges to attack you and you also aren't vulnerable due to the massive invincibility you get from the pitfall.

Wallteching would seem to be just as useful in Brawl though to prevent level spikes so I think you're right about that.

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Not consistently, but it works. For example, I was playing my mom last night on a timed battle in bed for 11 minutes and I was just bouncing her so hard that she said her peeper couldn't take it anymore so I should place my anaconda through her bum bum and were were able to do it for 12 minutes..
You are sick

Tristan_win

Not dead.
^_^ It's about **** time something like this came out!

It's good to see that CF stand-alone punch isn't neff as badly as everyone else’s so he can still do some jab, into another attack combos.

The foundation has been set, will the Captain Falcon users build up from here? Only time will tell.

By the way Ice cream man you’re a **** for doing something like that to another users.

Elbow

Smash Apprentice
Honestly teching is pretty much a lost art in Brawl. In most circumstances it's much more advantageous to just land and then use your pitfalled attack to get back up. You usually get in a hit on your opponent who charges to attack you and you also aren't vulnerable due to the massive invincibility you get from the pitfall.

Wallteching would seem to be just as useful in Brawl though to prevent level spikes so I think you're right about that.
I think that it's lost really only for me in WiFi, because the lag really does a number on frame specific stuff like teching.

Also, what's stage spiking?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I think that it's lost really only for me in WiFi, because the lag really does a number on frame specific stuff like teching.

Also, what's stage spiking?
Think of what happens when you cling onto a non-invincible edgehogger with Falcon's UpB. He grabs them, then explodes them against the stage which results in a spike-like trajectory and velocity. The same thing is seen in the video ZodiakLucien posted, but he didn't use the UpB cling thing.

Top Bottom