• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Chest!!!!!!...?

GreyWolfii

Smash Cadet
okay...so im not a falcon main...but i fight a falcon up-an-commer

and one of the first things i really noticed is that his Dair spike isnt really a spike depending where it connects...

...basically after Falcon PWNchin me, he jumps at me then attempts a Dair...i get hit by what seems to be his chest then i get sent left/right FTL....

i immediatly called it Manly chest attack, but now deciding it to be FALCON CHEST~!.....

or is there already a name for this Chuck Norris like soul diminishing attack?

Waka_Waka_do_do_yea

Smash Journeyman
To be honest im not really sure how it works but ill try and explain. This is a well known effect that occurs if you get hit in the late frames of a spike. I't has nothing to do with which part of the hitbox you get hit by. I've seen it happened with falco's spike as well. Probably some more characters are capable of this. But I am not 100% sure how it works.

Tenki

Smash Hero
okay...so im not a falcon main...but i fight a falcon up-an-commer

and one of the first things i really noticed is that his Dair spike isnt really a spike depending where it connects...

...basically after Falcon PWNchin me, he jumps at me then attempts a Dair...i get hit by what seems to be his chest then i get sent left/right FTL....

i immediatly called it Manly chest attack, but now deciding it to be FALCON CHEST~!.....

or is there already a name for this Chuck Norris like soul diminishing attack?
it's a move/usage that i've been trying to bring up lately in a bunch of other threads, like the speed kills thread.

I've been calling it the nipple launch but uh.. thanks for making a new thread lol.

It's his 2nd strongest aerial, only defeated by the Knee. You can kill with it from the center of FD at 120% lol.

Working on its usage, it's a nice edgeguarding 'wall' alternative when U-air is too weak to kill. If they come in too low, they get spiked. If they come in too high, they get launched into the KO wall.

ALSO...
it seems to work if it connects with his pelvic area too :x Falcon Hump!?

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
To be honest im not really sure how it works but ill try and explain. This is a well known effect that occurs if you get hit in the late frames of a spike. I't has nothing to do with which part of the hitbox you get hit by. I've seen it happened with falco's spike as well. Probably some more characters are capable of this. But I am not 100% sure how it works.
Actually, it has everything to do with hitboxes; the timing of the attack has nothing to do with the trajectory of it. The frames of opportunity for the dair are quite short. To launch people sideways, connect with the dair with falcon's midsection, thigh to groin ish area.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
This technique (not sure what else to call it) is the same with almost every other character with a spike attack.

For example: Mario's fair, or marths dair

But still I love the name tenki gave it and I hope that the name nipple catches on.

Tenki

Smash Hero
it spikes only from the abs and below, anywhere concerning the nipple area sends the opponent away
I think that's only true as long as the highest part of the opponent is lower than the abs.

So... shall we name it the Nipple Launch? :bee:

someguy12

Smash Journeyman
also, you can't forget...

THE NIPPLE BEAM!!!

lulz. but seriously, this is interesting, i never did a dair and had the other dude go a different direction other than down.

hm...

lajackson07

Smash Apprentice
I have heard of this before though I have not actually seen it. My friend told me about it. He called it the "nipples of death" (possibly because Captain Falcon has those perpetually hard, steel nipples under his suit). The explanation is the hitbox on the Dair rises through Captain Falcon's body to around his neck. Whenever someone is hit in this chest area, instead of hitting the opponent down, it knocks the opponent forward or backward.

Sorry, but it has a name but I do like that "Falcon chest". It can have more than one name, I guess.....

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
When Ganon does this electricity shoots out of hi beard, seriously.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I think that's only true as long as the highest part of the opponent is lower than the abs.

So... shall we name it the Nipple Launch? :bee:
anything involving the nipple area is fine with me lol

but seriously it doesn't matter where you hit because if your attempting a spike and if it nipple launches your opponent is most likely dead, it still launches them far and fast with a touch of o.k hit-stun, but it makes them go to side. One theory that suggest why this happens is that Falcons pecs were jealous of Falcon's nipps (remember Falcons nipps and muscles have a mind of their own) because all in melee they would spike, so in brawl the pecs are trying to show that their just as awesome

royboy850

Smash Apprentice
someguy, that picture is freaking amazing. just the fact that it looks like falcon is summoning a laser with his hands makes the pic hilarious. i assume its something like a team ROB behind him shooting a laser? and what is falcon doing anyway?

Top Bottom