• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco vs. Yoshi

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
The Yoshi matchup thread is currently discussing Falco. For now, he's listed as a 35:65, but recently, because of the chain grab and 0% fair spike some of us are claiming that it's a small disadavantage, even, or even an advantage. Can some Falco mainers voice their opinions. And while you're at it, can we have some bread?

J4pu

Smash Champion
I would say advantage still goes to Falco perhaps not 35-65 but I'd say 40-60. Is your CG > Fair spike truly inescapable for Falco, I believe I saw somebody saying Yoshi's Spike isn't guaranteed against somebody who it was claimed to be guaranteed on because they can choose a better direction to DI to and make it out safely, have all of Falco's escape options been tested? And even so it's not like if you get a grab it's gg, you have to have the final grab's placement at the correct space from the edge for it to be "inescapable" from what I heard.

The only Yoshi I've played was Furbs, and only a few times at that, and I don't frequent the yoshi boards so I'm giving non-grab play advantages to Falco, lasers ****, I'm thinking aerial priority other than Yoshi's Dair. I guess eggs can't really be reflected back so at least your projectile doesn't get ***** by the reflector.

Just some weak insight and it's all just in my opinion as someone who isn't very experienced in the match-up.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's a bit hard for us to tell, since most of us haven't played against a good Yoshi who has a mastery of new techs that you're saying change things around. If it's escapable, then a good Falco should be able to get out, and so it shouldn't change things THAT much - it takes a good Falco to get out, but it also takes a good Yoshi to do it right.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
If the Yoshi does it right, it is unescapable (The CG) I don't know about the Spike though. Eggs can be reflected but I havent had them reflected directly back at me for damage. And they only get reflected like once a match.

Yoshi (like any other character in the game) can gimp falco pretty bad. He has the CG to Fair as well as his eggs. If Falco is recovering from below yoshi can dair, Nair or bair. Bair is situational though. I haven't played any good falcos, but Im not really the best Yoshi either. 45-55 Falco imo.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Neither the Chaingrab or the Fair Spike can be escaped if Yoshi does it right....

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
"Doing it right", however, requires frame-perfect dashing, even though it's listed in our CG thread as "easy".

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
60-40 Falco, before it was Falco's **** match ups, Now with the CG -> Spike(which is hard to do) makes this match a 60-40

HMD

Smash Journeyman
Theres no adventage or disadventage to it because yoshi is good in annyoing the crap out of people ( i have had the exp) and can rack up damage after the chain grab

J4pu

Smash Champion
Theres no adventage or disadventage to it because yoshi is good in annyoing the crap out of people ( i have had the exp) and can rack up damage after the chain grab
If you have match-up experience and are taking the time to post in this thread, at least give some decent reasoning to your analysis. This single sentence thing is crap, man. Give us some good juicy logic, insight, and reasoning to why the match-up is even. All you said was yoshi can annoy people...

sandwhale

Smash Journeyman
i don't have any experience against a good yoshi so tried looking for a recent vid of a high level match between falco and yoshi but there doesn't seem to be any...

Top Bottom