• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco VS Version 4.0

Gladiator

Smash Apprentice
The big problem with falco's recovery is that everyone else had their recovery buffed in the transition to PM, so because falco's recovery is the same as in melee, it is now inherently worse

Zx2963

Smash Journeyman
The big problem with falco's recovery is that everyone else had their recovery buffed in the transition to PM, so because falco's recovery is the same as in melee, it is now inherently worse
Add that with the fact stages are bigger and so is his model and you have an even shorter up-B

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Falco is ****ing awesome in this game. I can make great use of the fact that he can DACUS now. Catches that hard DI out of Utilt so easy.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
The deflector move used in Brawl needs to be returned to Falco. I don't like they way they pretty ported over the Melee version which was a 100% clone of Fox.
Yes, I am serious. I prefer Falco kicking out his deflector. Made it more viable for attacking thanks the increase range.
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you're incredibly wrong. Brawl's kick reflector had a whole second of recovery frames from a complete **** animation. PM's hits on frame 1, you can make it safe indefinitely, and you have a massive transcendent priority hitbox that provides hitstun already. So like, no. Brawl reflector is absolutely ******** and useless.

CeLL

Smash Lord
Not to burst your bubble or anything, but you're incredibly wrong. Brawl's kick reflector had a whole second of recovery frames from a complete **** animation. PM's hits on frame 1, you can make it safe indefinitely, and you have a massive transcendent priority hitbox that provides hitstun already. So like, no. Brawl reflector is absolutely ******** and useless.
Actually it's not transcendent, but it's true that it's way better in Melee than Brawl. In Brawl it was actually useful, though. In the air, you can freely shine MK because it outranges his fair by far and MK has crap air speed. This function is absent from PM, however, so having his Brawl reflector would be useless.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Actually it's not transcendent, but it's true that it's way better in Melee than Brawl. In Brawl it was actually useful, though. In the air, you can freely shine MK because it outranges his fair by far and MK has crap air speed. This function is absent from PM, however, so having his Brawl reflector would be useless.
Falco's lasers are most definitely transcendent.

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
Oh, you were talking about his lasers? It really looks like you were talking about his shine. Yeah, the lasers are transcendent. Shine isn't though.
Yeah, I mentioned the lasers as a reason to not need the Brawl shine.

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
**** me his recovery in melee was only kinda bad but now in this new environment it's awful. There's too many characters with many effective ledge guarding tools to justify flacos planet piss tier up b. of course his onstage game is still GOD, but that "dont get hit flaco's fine bcuz maylay" way of thinking is really ignorant argument to have. why not shorten the startup on flacos upb or give his flames hitboxes like fox's own. Or just increase the range on either his side b or up b.
I'm just saying.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
IDK how you Falco mains would like this, but how about when Falco does his Down B, if you tap Cstick backwards or forwards, he kicks it out?

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
OK guys what to add in 4.0 not i want this fixed anyway if people want brawls reflector as well is should be as a taun to to switch between using melees and brawls shine arguement over

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
IDK how you Falco mains would like this, but how about when Falco does his Down B, if you tap Cstick backwards or forwards, he kicks it out?
That sounds like a neat trick for falco to have but does he really need it?

As for his recovery Falco could benefit from a once-per-air-time stall from his reflector (similar to lucas).

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
I'd rather have phantasm stay blue, but have Fox's Illusion and Shine be red to match his lasers.

It would be cool if Falco's dair looked more exciting. It's very anticlimactic. Same move, just add some sort of visual effect.

Longer up-B isn't too important to me. Falco has arguably the best on-stage ability. If you get knocked off the stage, it's your fault.

It would be nice if he had a shortened version of his superior Brawl Phantasm though, so it could have some on-stage use instead of just as a recovery.
I feel like Fox/Falco's shines are kind of like Star Wars light sabers. All the good dudes have blue or green ones while everyone that was notoriously evil in some way had red ones. Wolf's is red, etc.

Top Bottom