• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco too predictable?

Mith_

Smash Champion
Does anybody here think Falco is too predictable? His horizontal recovery is limited to the phantasm, so the opponent can just wait on the edge and prepare for that. Anybody else have this problem or am I doing something wrong lol?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
Not only his recovery, but sometimes i think he gets pretty predictable when killing.

-mugen-

Smash Journeyman
It is true that Falco doesn't have a lot of options when he's recovering, but does that alone make him predictable? You'll have to provide more examples. Falco has so many options all the time. You can always throw in a boost u-smash, a reflector, a laser or a phantasm. It all depends on how you play a character. Some do have less, and not as effective options as others, but 90% of the time it's the player that's predictable, not the character.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well when I fight people once I get off of the level I'm pretty much done for.

I can use my phantasm to get back on and from there I can get back on the level or grab the ledge. If I get back on the level they'll perfect shield my phantasm and punish me hard or if I grab the ledge they will attack me on there.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Save your 2nd jump for as long as possible so you dont have as small of a window to recover in, if you still have your 2nd jump you can fall under the stage then jump, phantasm to the edge on the way up, phantasm onto the stage while you are above, or let yourself fall back down to stage height again and phantasm to the edge. Predictability is having minimal options, so by maximizing your options you become less predictable, and then you can always throw in shortened phantasms once you get the timing down, just switch it up a bit.

LÉØN

Smash Cadet
this is what i do, if you still have your second jump you could phantasm or you could shoot a laser at your opponent waiting for you , jump then firebird or just regularly jump.
if you are on the ledge you have many options you could ledge hop phantasm, laser, nair, dair or reflector.
for killing falco does seem to get predictable, although you could switch it up with lasers or boost smashes

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
He's predictable, but thats just inevitability Mr.Anderson. No, you can either phantasm to sweetspot or to hit you opponent, you've just got to mix it up.

Airborne

Smash Lord
well you could also illusion cancel, so that you grab the ledge instead of going on to it. you just got to find ways to prevent that event from happening and mix it up. for example, we know ganon's recoveries are worse than falco's to some extent. if you ever watch sliq play, you don't see him having trouble getting back on.

Top Bottom