• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Survey

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I am starting a survey to prove my cousin wrong when he said "Falco is a horrible character", which is mainly because we can easily take advantage of his fast falling speed to make recovery impossible. Can you please state all of Falco's strong points and combos here?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
-he's quick
-he can combo people real easily
-he has a powerful d-smash and f-smash for a finisher
-his lasors make one of the best approaches
-his lasors make one of the best defenses
-has the best spike in the game
-his attacks also have decent priority to back up all his other advantages

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
that statement is alone makes it obvious that your friend knows very little about the game. All you need to do is direct him to stickied thread that has the videos of the top falcos (or the tier list). that being said he will probably say something like "those guys aren't even that good," but rest assured that he is just either ignorant or an idiot.

DJ Boonbuggy

Smash Apprentice
As tarheel pointed out. Look at the tier list that is compiled by a list of the tournament wins of the various characters. I don't know most of it off the top of my head, but Falco is the 2nd character, and it goes like this

Top tier:
Fox
Falco

High Tier:
Sheik
Marth
Peach

etc.
Given the fact that there are 26 characters (counting sheik/zelda as independent characters), being the 2nd best character on a broad, broad survey of tournament wins must count for something.

FalconFlames

Smash Cadet
I choose Falco because he's easier to handle (compared to fox) (fox is to fast):p
he has good combo's and there are a lot of vids to watch and learn from.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOKyMf_sa7U

..Thank you, that is all. :p

And if your friend needs some perspective, that red Marth, he's widely known as the best Smash player in the world.
Too bad that the series that those matches were taken from, Bombsoldier lost.

Most of it has been said.

SHL is one of the best approach/defensive tactics in the game.
SHL is arguably one of the best projectiles.
The Shine, the speed that it comes out at, and the fact that it combos perfectly with Falco's attacks.
His dair is the best spike, period. Powerful, combos well, and when L-canceled goes right into a shine.
His bair/nair have incredible priority and good damage.
Surprisingly good (in my opinion) grab game. Down throw to dtilt/smash is very effective.
2/3 of his smashes are very powerful/useful.
His dtilt is arguably one of the most powerful in the game.
Fairly quick jab.

Giggidax

Smash Ace
even if bombsoldier lost he still owned a good amount. those were the matches that he won and u cant say he wasnt dominating for the time being. bombsoldier is like super aggressive with his falco . that being said,
falcos shl is awesome. any aerial can combo into a shine, and a shine can combo into almost anything. falco is just a combo master!

tshahi10

Smash Ace
the best aspect of falco i see other than what is already said is that falco is one of the best if not the best interupter. meaning that moves like short hop laser, the jab, and can interfere with the opponents moves when or as they are about to execute, not to mistake with priority

Top Bottom