• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco spamming grab lock..... help?

Link Hero of Hyrule

Smash Cadet
Hi I posted something ages ago saying I needed help against a Falco, hes the hardest one on my FL (probably no match 4 the rest of you),but I need help with the above.

In my old post members mentioned a few tactics, and I used them and managed to win 2 out of 6-7 matches. Is there any other tactics when vsing a Falco, apart from using zair, and mindgames on him?

please help me, I want to be as good, or better than him, thx.

(soz no vid of matches havent got a cam)

D

Deleted member

DAC
Jab Cancel
Zair edge guard
bomb throw to bair
bomb throw to arrow cancel

you have to remember that falco is a Link counter pick. this will be one of your more difficult matches because falco exceeds link in every way (spamming, offense, defense etc)

some basic tips

watch for the grab after the laser approach
learn to power shield fluently
he'll most likely use the shine to stop your approach and your projectiles
learn to meteor cancel the dair

Bouse

Smash Ace
Have a bomb in your hand to stop the Chain Grab.

Don't get grabbed.

Izaw

Smash Ace
wait wait what? Meteor cancel o.O? just UP B:ing after the Dair hit? Like in Melee :o?

D

Deleted member

you can meteor cancel in brawl, its just a lot harder to time with a jump

if you mash on up B without tap jump off i think you can do it perfectly every time, but good luck recovering with only link's up b....

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
the first clip isn't meteor canceling it's a walljump tech

fighting falco, don't get grabbed, it's like fighting ic's in melee, if you get grabbed, you will PROBABLY lose your stock. so don't get grabbed at low percent

Top Bottom