• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Problems

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
To add to the list of match up's, Falco seems to be my new competition. My particular falco has occasionally beat a stock out of me without using a laser too, but still uses his laser wisely.
However, I could go to the player rotation above and find strategies about Falco, but I find that that was completely useless. For one thing, I can't crawl walk under his lasers. That's just wrong information. My tornado has some priority, and the back air is very difficult to predict, since he has two recovery techniques with one being super fast.

Neutral A seems to be my best move against him. However if I do manage to grab him, he's easy to combo, but I think the advice in the rotation lied a bit or is wrong.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Ok first of all I would like to apologize for the wrong information on Falco, seeing as I wrote it. Now of course as for the laser's dodging them is your best bet. On a level with platforms well you know what to do in that case. Once you get close to him don't rely on grabs alone try different approaches, like the dair to nair, or a falling tornado to start off then with the aerial chains. Falco is kind of a light character and dies at low percents so remember that up angled fsmash for the kill. I'll research a bit more on the subject and again I apologize.

EDIT: Also, remember to DI away from Falco following with a jump if he get's his first grab on you. This way you won't be chain grabbed.

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
O.k., thanks, yeah, advice like a falling tornado to start combo's is what I needed, I'll try that in the next match. Unfortunately, this falco has an easier time beating me in platform levels surprisingly. I gues I should master the shorthop, down-air to n-air, but I think lag was an issue today, who knows. The angled forward smash is hard to hit, because sometimes it goes over his head. I prefer side, but if you have a good dodged it's hard. But I'll add the falling tornado to my game and see if that can change my strategies a bit.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Falco is a TOUGH match up for me with Luigi as well as all space animals. They can camp you with their lasers and their aerial priority is also pretty good. Better than most would think. Falco's down air and back air have great priority. Also in falcos case once he's done spamming you and you get close enough to fight, avoid his grab at all cost he can chain grab you for a while or smash you out of the grab.

All I can say is use well placed and timed aerials and take advantage of his recovery by throwing out fireballs to stun him in the air and use aerials to KO him of the stage. Sry I couldn't have been more help.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
I have a hard time with Falcos as well due to SK92, however, the most likely solution to help you is to take advantage of his recovery. Throw him off stage and edge guard to the best of your ability. Approach with down B surprisingly if your opponent is not used to it. At early percents up tilt to rack up damage until he falls with an air dodge or dair. Read that and grab to an up throw. Fire ball his recovery if it is the illusion or read it and use a forward smash. All your aerials are your friend. Don't spam neutral unless you know it can land do to the fact that shield grabbing is a big thing you'd like to avoid against Falco. If he begins to laser spam learn to approach slowly shielded and you'll get power shielding down quicker. Because this is brawl, powershielding is like skipping down the street. It's really easy, yet really gay. As for stages, you'd like to limit Falco's recovery. Try a smaller stage for example if you can endure getting hit. Corneria is not that bad of an idea if that's legal in your state's counter pick list.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I dunno why, but to me Luigi is made to **** these spacies even though they have some quite advantages.
Neitherless I enjoy fighting them xD. Yeah the character matchup against falco is abit tweaked. Gota get Loucan to fix that. Most falcos will realize that ground lasers definitly hit a luigi even if they're crawling unless the falco is doing shorthop lasers, then you can crawl under those. The posts above cover much. Objective is get Falco out of the stage and gimp as much as possible. Once he's forced to use his second jump and is out of range for a illusion, he'll be forced to use firefox, that's when you gimp them or edgehog. There's a couple of ways in dealing with illusion trick. First off, if the falco likes to use it as a mindtrick espically while holding on the edge. Just be patient. Try using a shorthop fireball and predict where's hes gonna be. Once he get hit's by the fireball hit stun that's your chance to do gimp with a Fair or such. Against his CGs, a good falco will tend to mix it up. You can get out of it fairly easily, by DI-ing away or just using an attack as soon as the grab ends. But be careful of the CG to a spike.

You can **** falco with juggles with uptilts and upairs. dthrows and tornado are best way to start off the combo. I used to do this in melee but, as soon as the battle starts try running and grab the edge. Most likely a Falco will pressure you with lasers. Let him approach you, you have a variety of options when on the ledge. Counterpick stages that have platforms so that you can abuse them to avoid the lasers and fairly juggle him such as Lylat cruise and Battlefield. If you see a falco running towards you that means they're gonna smashboost where they do the dashattack and do upsmash quickly almost like snake's mortar sliding.

f0cus

Smash Cadet
Meh, my luigi usually never has much trouble with falcos. the simplest thing you can do is walk and hold the shield button whenever you see a lazer for a quick and easy power shield. and luigi is supppperrr floaty so even if he tries to chain grab you, you should be able to get out at low percents. if he likes to sidestep alot, a charged up angled fsmash at the edge can kill at 80% :O

Septuagint

Smash Cadet
Well, I'm glad to say that Falco is no longer a problem of mine. And apparently neither is Snake. Game and Watch and a spammy MK are my new problems. If MK doesn't spam he's easy to beat. Game and watches air thing gets me, but overall, I can beat most GAWs and MKs. But Falco Who? Woot.

Top Bottom