• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco laser timing question

Mattnmunch

Smash Rookie
I need some help with the laser. Anyone know or have a vid for the right timing to get the laser to keep going and not stop? Like to actually keep the laser lock going forever? Cause the most I can get is like 5 blasts then it just stops. I just need some help for the tourney I'm going to this Friday.

Revolce

Smash Cadet
I dunno, i thought you were talking about SHDL...but ur not.
Umm... I just button mash it :\ works for me in laser locks..

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I have this odd thing with ground laser spam. It isn't consistent.

That's why I rarely laser lock anyway.

onoez

Smash Cadet
Keep spamming B.

Or don't use it.
The latter is better, I almost never laserlock or try to.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Laser Lockingis probably the hardest thing to do against an opponent so you shouldn't worry about it too much uless your on Battlefield, hit them onto the floating platforms and as they land you shoot.
If you actually find a moment to do it then just keep mashing the button.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I think practicing the timing is a better method than spamming the B button as fast as you can. I can get the lasers to come out consistently with spamming at my max speed but it's very tolling (as tolling as it can be to press a button that is), but I've recently seen that slowing down to a point where you almost would expect it to fail works really well also.

Polymus

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't depend on spamming the laser. See, people tend to jump sometimes, making the great laser pointless sometimes, at least if your just standing there shooting. I usually like to mix up the laser on random occasion; mostly aerial lasers. If you start to learn the timings of the laser in air, you can totally screw someone over when they try to recover; it happens on occasion anyway.

Aside from that, Falco has FAR more great qualities than just his laser. Depend on everything he can offer. =)

Top Bottom