• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

falco help...[i'm a noob]

ewalb

Smash Rookie
So i'm a noob with falco, and I've had several questions in my mind, specifically about spikes. How do they work/when do you use them? I've seen a video of someone using an attack that sends their opponent flying downward at a low percentage, but i'm not sure if thats a spike? If anyone can tell how these work, it would be greatly appreciated =D. Thanks in advance guys!

J4pu

Smash Champion
a spike is any attack that hits your opponent down
falco has 2 spikes that I am aware of: Dair and phantasm (side b)
spikes are used to KO at low percentages but that doesnt mean they KO at all percentages
a good combo for falco incorporating a spike is CG (chain grab) your opponent until you get to the edge (hopefully you racked up enough damage on the way) and spike them after throwing them off the edge, i recommend using the Dair but if you can get the other to work in this situation go for it.
not all ways of hitting with Dair will spike though, so check the thread that give an analysis on his move if your having trouble getting it to spike, it's really quite easy though
a good way to practice is to go into training mode and set the CPU to a high damage so you hit them off the edge and practice spiking them when they come back.

Anyway if somebody else says something contradicting my information, I would trust them since I'm not 100% on everything i've said, but that is what i believe to be correct.

ewalb

Smash Rookie
thanks alot for your help mate, and anyone else with any other input...its greatly appreciated =D

ThaDirtyG

Smash Apprentice
I love falco's spike. I've been playing around with him more often just because of it :) His down air seems to spike during the first few frames of the attack, so even though the attack last a long time, it will only send someone down right (or soon after) you use it.

I can't confirm that 100% either but it might help you pull it offf.

Top Bottom