• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco grabs

Liewyel

Smash Apprentice
Which way should I be tossing them? I normally toss down but thats because the people I play against rarely tech it so I haven't had to worry about DI, but what in general is more effective? Uthrow into something? Fthrow into something? I personally haven't found Bthrow to be very comboable, maybe its just me.

the CRAB

Smash Cadet
i really try not to grab much bc of the lack of combo potential that falco's grabs have. however, if i end up in a situation where i can land one, i usually dthrow and try to tech chase while using shl to try for a pillar/second grab/dtilt, or whatever fits into your playstyle or mindgames.

mikechi

Smash Apprentice
i usually go for a forward throw because if you throw them down and they tech away there really isnt much left to do because they know your going to be coming after them

captainlukey

Smash Ace
this has nothing to do with the thread...
but go into melee and fight against a level 1 pichu...
now dthrow him.. and the moment u can grab again... grab and repeat over and over
this is the closest thing to a use for falcos grabs in terms of combos and chaingrabbing...
this will only work on level 1s tho cause its so easy to escape its not funny... but the lack of di that a level 1 cpu has (well the lack of anything really)

Repryx

Smash Champion
I throw Up and Bair

To fast Fallers

Up>Dair for floaties

B throw fsmash everybody else @ lower percentages

mikechi

Smash Apprentice
I throw Up and Bair

To fast Fallers

Up>Dair for floaties

B throw fsmash everybody else @ lower percentages

well for floaties they can easily DI away i would rather just go with a forward throw then approach with lasers

Big_R

Smash Champion
just down throw, shine and if they tech turn around jump laser to the direction and dash with another laser at them and grab again. no i always wanted to do that, but i never really knew if the timing was right. but when u do down throw either predict or be ready to chase them with a laser and you can usually get another grab. for fastfallers go for the rob money aka back throw f smash near the edge. for a lot of people just throw whatever direction seems good at the time. thats what i do.

mikechi

Smash Apprentice
just down throw, shine and if they tech turn around jump laser to the direction and dash with another laser at them and grab again. no i always wanted to do that, but i never really knew if the timing was right. but when u do down throw either predict or be ready to chase them with a laser and you can usually get another grab. for fastfallers go for the rob money aka back throw f smash near the edge. for a lot of people just throw whatever direction seems good at the time. thats what i do.
no point in really down throwing you cant really follow up with it if they tech out

mikechi

Smash Apprentice
no point in really down throwing you cant really follow up with it if they tech out or i just probably suck too hard

my bad for the double post got confused with going back and forth on pages rofl..

Zone

Smash Champion
The best things I know/ see my friend do is this.

1.) Downthrow fox, and regrab him in place. Carefull he can grab you instead very early in this process.

2.) When I'm Zelda, Also I seen my peach friend fall for this trap.
My friend Taco will Lazer->Grab, Down+Throw, and tech chase with another lazer to grab. I'm not sure if he has to guess where I'm going to catch me in time, but IF I roll behind him he'll grab me again. So sometimes I won't tech assuming he'll jump after me, Which he promply just downtilts me really fast after throw or shines.

3.) If you upthrow fox fast enough to keep him from DI'ing you can get a Sex kick in.

4.) of course if you get a grab on the edge, just throw them off.

That's the stuff I seen falco's do with grabs. There may be more, or what I said may not even really be THAT effective, but it's something to think about.

mathos

Smash Champion
Falco's throws are good for positioning purposes which is different for most toon's throws because they typically combo.

Falco's dthrow is good because you can tech chase people, like Big R said. But you can always use a dtilt or dsmash if they don't tech.

Falco uthrow is limited but best used when you catch someone off guard with it and follow with an aerial.

Falco's fthrow and bthrow are typically used to push people off the stage.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Stupid Pros think they know Everything cuz they are better than everyone else.....Hmph....

hova

Smash Champion
at really low percents i throw fastfallers up and go straight into drill shine combos, or bthrow and regrab if they don't react correctly

i'll always dthrow a fox at least once to see what they do, if they shine or grab me then i stop; if they try to shield or DI then i mix up regrabs and dsmash/fsmash

it's a safe bet that if u dthrow someone while you're on a platform that you'll get a free dsmash out of it

i also uthrow to uair marths(if they don't DI well); i don't necessarily think it's a good tactic, i just have slight fox envy

and that thing mathos said about fthrow and bthrow

edit: and that whole Big R dthrow with the tech chasing and such

Repryx

Smash Champion
Wut? I didn't disregard anything you said. I was just trying to add my little bit. Take it or leave it.
I was Joking Geez...Dant take it too serious

]Besides why would I talk about the Pros when I plan on becoming one myself!

hova

Smash Champion
Shine Uair works best on floaties (Ecspecially MArth)

shine > uair is pretty worthless on floaties. at lower percents you can shine > dair and then try to get in some drill > utilt combos. at higher percents you have a better chance of killing with a bair after a shine than uair

does anyone know if shine over the top kills at earlier percents than uair??

they both take awhile and i never took the time to figure it out. altho i do know you can shine a jiggly over the top at YS as early as 45%

Adi

Smash Lord
I think shine does but I could be completely wrong, they're both very similar in any case but shine is faster and the more sexier way to finish.

Top Bottom