• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco for top tier (video)

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDA5W1iyecc

Disclaimers:

Wrath doesn't normally play snake. In fact he barely ever plays snake. But the point is the same here, as most of this was inescapable anyway.

"but the snake player was bad!"

See the bold statement above

"but the snake player SDed on the last stock with a nair"

Doesn't matter, he would have gotten the same fate as the first 2 stocks if he had used his upB.

"snake should have used his upB earlier to recover higher"

Don't forget release grabs on snake taking away his upB also. If he recovers higher than he did there, he just gets himself grabbed instead of the cypher. If he does manage to avoid getting grabbed at the edge, he's on his cypher anyway, which sets him up for an easy <anything>. Bair, nair, dair, whatever you want.

Also this could potentially bring out some interesting rock paper scissors stuff depending on the tier list organization

I'm thinking something like

Snake
MK
Falco

so you get Snake > MK > Falco > Snake

Obviously that probably won't be how it turns out, but it's possible.

Summary: chaingrabs and cypher gimping are lols.

Discuss

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say it, but Snake can break out of all Chaingrabs with gernades. He can slip a gernade inbetween each grab...and after 2 successful CGs, Falco + Snake go boom. So, this really -was- escapable.

I also hate to say that Snake has more than 1 form of recovery than Up-B. And in this case, he should have known better than to use the same recovery move over and over again.

Oh, and Falco has a better way of killing Snake when he's using up-B recovery. If he Down-Air spikes Snake, Snake is toast...with less chance of survival.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I hate to say it, but Snake can break out of all Chaingrabs with gernades. He can slip a gernade inbetween each grab...and after 2 successful CGs, Falco + Snake go boom. So, this really -was- escapable.

Really? I haven't seen that documented anywhere else that I can recall (not to say you're incorrect, just that I'm wasn't aware of that possibility and have never seen it in action)

I also hate to say that Snake has more than 1 form of recovery than Up-B. And in this case, he should have known better than to use the same recovery move over and over again.
If he uses C4 to recover he might as well trying to stage spike himself. Huuuuuuge risk in doing that.

Oh, and Falco has a better way of killing Snake when he's using up-B recovery. If he Down-Air spikes Snake, Snake is toast...with less chance of survival.
I opted out of the dair from the end of the chain grab since this generally seems more consistent. If he manages to get above you somehow (Lucky C4, super early cypher), then a spike would be in order I'd think.

gallax

Smash Hero
this video really doesnt prove that falco is a top tier charcter. the snake sucked...and it was only one match. falco is already a high tier right now. but i dont know if he will ever become a top tier. thats up for grabs right now. just an example for you though...pika ***** snake also. i mean very badly. yet pika still isnt top tier. high tier at the moment. being a top tier means being able to adapt and adjust to any playing style and having many advantages when fighting an opponent. if you want to talk about falco's top tier ability you should go to the officail tier discussion board.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the tier thing was mostly a joke/draw people into the topic device. I agree he may or may not end up that high, but as you said, Falco is already up there in general.

The biggest point with this is: either it's an easy KO, or you set snake up to be in a REALLY bad position right off the bat, which could easily net you a KO also.

Blad01

Smash Lord
/Agreed with RGB.

Theses techniques to kill Snake are not new... But your opponent was obviously bad, at least against a Falco.

CO18

Smash Hero
Really? I haven't seen that documented anywhere else that I can recall (not to say you're incorrect, just that I'm wasn't aware of that possibility and have never seen it in action)

If he uses C4 to recover he might as well trying to stage spike himself. Huuuuuuge risk in doing that.

I opted out of the dair from the end of the chain grab since this generally seems more consistent. If he manages to get above you somehow (Lucky C4, super early cypher), then a spike would be in order I'd think.
Yeah, I just found out last night about snake being able to break out of Falco's chaingrab with a grenade.
I was playing Mikey from SBR and was cging him with Falco, then he slipped in a grenade and we blew up
Snake is so lame.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I just found out last night about snake being able to break out of Falco's chaingrab with a grenade.
I was playing Mikey from SBR and was cging him with Falco, then he slipped in a grenade and we blew up
Snake is so lame.
When i realized that, i just started shortening my chain grabs into CG till 30% => Gatling U-Smash and just go on from there.

Top Bottom