• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco for better or worse...

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ok this may be futile, asking for unbaised opinions of Falco on a board that supports Falco, but I never played as Falco in Melee. He was just a stronger, less flashier Fox. Sooo, here's an unnecessary story to go along with the post (skip the next paragraph if you choose)

Me and my two best friends (K & A) were going to main Fox, Falco, and Wolf. K was going to main Fox, A was going to main Falco, and me with Wolf. So, after I was playing these guys, I noticed A never used Falco anymore. When I asked him why, he said "because Falco sucks in this game". OK...at least I now know you didn't play as Falco because you liked Falco as a Star Fox character...

So I thought maybe I'd give Falco a try, and I like him in Brawl. But I'm getting mixed reviews. A lot of people say Falco's better, some say he's worse. Overall, what do you guys think?

SgtWikez

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people say Falco's better, some say he's worse.
Better or worse compared to what? Other characters? His Melee version?

The best way to see whether or not you like a character is to play that character.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I think he's better in Brawl then he was in Melee, but that is acourse opinion.

P.S. I'm going to add you're FC, can you please add mine? I'll show you how I play as Falco.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Better or worse compared to what? Other characters? His Melee version?

The best way to see whether or not you like a character is to play that character.
Compared to Melee. I'm going to play Falco regardless. I'm just trying to see what my friend is talking about, or if he even knows what he's talking about.

I think he's better in Brawl then he was in Melee, but that is acourse opinion.

P.S. I'm going to add you're FC, can you please add mine? I'll show you how I play as Falco.
I'll add you today, but I won't be playing online until tomorrow. Yay!

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Less flashier? Falco's got fast wings, a spike which sends them rocketing down (unlike the oh noes I got shined spike falling ever so slowly to doom)

Did I mention Falco's shine FLASHES a hell lot more than fox or wolf?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Falco was always flashier. He had the most incredible combos along with Falcon. And I don't think we can compare them. From a brawl stand point, Melee Falco would **** the entire cast, hands down. From a Melee stand point, Brawl Falco would be mid-high, and extremely campy. I'd say all in all, he's right about where he was in melee. High tier, but right outside of top. And yes, I play Falco in both games.

Yunaleskamodern

Smash Rookie
Yes i fully agree, you have to be a bit campy with falco, adhereing to his birdlike body

a bit handicapped but still raw
i swaer his smashes kinda suck

GCH

Smash Rookie
Mixed in the sense that hes better in some areas while worse in others.

On one hand he's got a sexy new shine and (I think) a better FAIR.

On the other his spike got nerfed badly, which was his main thing.

mitsukeru

Smash Rookie
He is extremely slow. He can't drop fast anymore. His smash and air attacks are weaker than ever.
His reflector is, now, useless.
And the makers just added the cherry on top, with his pathetic voice over.

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
He is extremely slow. He can't drop fast anymore. His smash and air attacks are weaker than ever.
His reflector is, now, useless.
And the makers just added the cherry on top, with his pathetic voice over.
1. Kinda
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. OK maye.

Top Bottom