• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Controller Mapping Discussion

zmx

Smash Lord
I'm curious as to how other falco users/mains have their buttons customized and how many just prefer the default.

Anyways for anyone looking for an easier way to do a regular DACUS simply set either your L or R buttons to attack.

Now all you have to input is dash-->c-stick down--->analog stick up+attack button.

In other words you don't have to worry up bringing the c-stick back up as you would if you were using the Z button. I can do pretty much any characters DACUS consistantly thanks to this. Still requires practice but is definetly easier.

So I have R set to attack, y set to grab and tap jump off.

Also it would be nice if you explain why you have your buttons setup the way you do.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I don't see the point in making a thread for this, you could have asked this in the Social thread.

MARLX

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious as to how other falco users/mains have their buttons customized and how many just prefer the default.

Anyways for anyone looking for an easier way to do a regular DACUS simply set either your L or R buttons to attack.

Now all you have to input is dash-->c-stick down--->analog stick up+attack button.

In other words you don't have to worry up bringing the c-stick back up as you would if you were using the Z button. I can do pretty much any characters DACUS consistantly thanks to this. Still requires practice but is definetly easier.

So I have R set to attack, y set to grab and tap jump off.

Also it would be nice if you explain why you have your buttons setup the way you do.
What is the point in telling if the controls suit someone else and not you.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
It probably have been talked about in the other thread, but this is an interesting topic. I personally have my L set to jump. Everything else is default other than Tap Jump off. It used to be attack, but I learned how to DACUS without having my controls catered to that. This allows me to phantasm without the lag and do all my other stuff.

I'm personally curious to see what others use, but after changing controls about 4 or 5 times, I finally found what works for me.

Elemt

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0318-8975-5879
I have R set to Special so I can IAP without a problem. I have it like this because it is very simple; you basically just close your thumb and index finger together. It's just like the input for a melee wavedash except with a fixed direction horizontal to initiate a phantasm. I have Z-> attack because you DACUS much further than default dash attack-> up+Z(grab) and it's the same controls as a default controller DACUS. Therefore I have X-> Grab since I just jump with Y and shield with L.

Prime

Smash Rookie
I have x set to grab for and r set to attack for doing bdacus. Everything else is default.

moomoomamoo

Smash Apprentice
I set R to attack for easy dacus purpose and to do the spin walk thingy for fun. I also have y to special for easy phantoms. It's easy to just press x --> y this way :p

Top Bottom