• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco chain grab? O:

Mr.Kalos

Smash Cadet
Falco can in fact chain grab, against fox. To start off Shine, wavedave, Uair, Grab, Up through N air, grab again. And no DI crap, its left or right. Thats it. Also falco can grab people out of Downairs at 40 - 90 % like c. falcon for instance.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
he can tech...
and wat the crap is a "wavedave"
lol
its my new favorite technique!!!!

Mr.Kalos

Smash Cadet
he can tech...
and wat the crap is a "wavedave"
lol
its my new favorite technique!!!!

Wavedave is the pimpest thing eva, its like a wavedash but the clouds spell out dave.

@ people who said tech

How can you tech something if your on the ground?

If im above you and you get hit down BOUNCE off the floor and I grab you as you come up. I don't see a tech opportunity.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
Wavedave is the pimpest thing eva, its like a wavedash but the clouds spell out dave.

@ people who said tech

How can you tech something if your on the ground?

If im above you and you get hit down BOUNCE off the floor and I grab you as you come up. I don't see a tech opportunity.
ignore this

captainlukey

Smash Ace
are u arguing the point about the chaingrab... or wat.. im confused...
cause wat u said at the start was about chaingrabbing... but why is the combo there... a chaingrab is just continuously catch and throw them... what uve listed here is a combo...
so i wont argue with that.. but fox can tech a chaingrab... even the downthrow, so if your fighting a good fox that combo u mentioned wont work either...
cause he can tech and move in the dthrow

Mr.Kalos

Smash Cadet
never mentioned a downthrow. O: Anyways in terms it still is a chain grab, your catching him in the air, just need alittle boost.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
no technically its NOT a chaingrab...
but i catch ya drift... ill hav to try this wen i get home...

hova

Smash Champion
******** thread

fox can't tech falco's downthrow, he just goes into his crouching animation

a good fox will either shine after dthrow to prevent a regrab or simpy grab you instead.

I repeat, fox cannot tech falco's dthrow in any circumstance

also why would you want to grab after a dair?? most likely a grab might lead to one more hit, but a dair can potentially lead to a combo to death

falco also has no chaingrabs, a chaingrab is a guaranteed grab that you cannot DI away from. Fox can DI out of what you described in your first post

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
Does it look like I mentioned down throw ONCE? and btw your not suppose to spam it, plus I believe a dair into grab is a wonderful mindgame.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Falco can in fact chain grab, against fox. To start off Shine, wavedave, Uair, Grab, Up through N air, grab again. And no DI crap, its left or right. Thats it. Also falco can grab people out of Downairs at 40 - 90 % like c. falcon for instance.
That's not a chainthrow. It's not guaranteed. Fox can either DI the lasers, shine you out of your nair (after your uthrow). Odds are, you'll miss the initial nair after the first uair, and therefore it's not a cg. A more common strategy is to shine them after a early percentage uthrow, and dair combo from there.

It's already widely known that you can grab people after a dthrow. An opportune time to do this would be to grab right after you dair your opponent on a platform; in this case, it could be difficult to continue the combo with another aerial.

captainlukey

Smash Ace
yo hydro kirb...
u just have the tendency to turn up at the most random times....
i like it

Ares.

Smash Journeyman
That's not a chainthrow. It's not guaranteed. Fox can either DI the lasers, shine you out of your nair (after your uthrow). Odds are, you'll miss the initial nair after the first uair, and therefore it's not a cg. A more common strategy is to shine them after a early percentage uthrow, and dair combo from there.

It's already widely known that you can grab people after a dthrow. An opportune time to do this would be to grab right after you dair your opponent on a platform; in this case, it could be difficult to continue the combo with another aerial.
yea capt. I changed names ( long story, involves boredom, members list, and a duck. , )

anyways!

"It's already widely known that you can grab people after a dthrow"

Did I say down throw or down air?

And as you said before, DI out of lasers, im pretty sure were hoping on that? lemme check.

mathos

Smash Champion
Uair is the worst move for falco to use to continue a combo or lead to another move. The DI heavily effects where the opponent can go. Left and right are not the only DI's a person can do either, a lack of or diagional DIs change the angle too.

And uthrow to anything does not lead to another grab.

This combo can work at low percents but its not guaranteed at all.

Top Bottom