• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Basic and Advanced TECHNIQUES V. 1.0 ( UPDATED )

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
FALCO VISUAL GUIDE
COMMING MORE SOON!!!
Contents:
1. Introduction
2. Body
3. Visuals
4. Closure

1. INTRODUCTION

Hi people, iv been looking around this forum and i decided to make a falco introduction video.Here i will explain the basics and some of the advanced tech'es so far and their application the way they work for me.

2. BODY

I discovered even more advanced and Sick techniques with falco, However One that everyone should know by now is "TECHING" which happens when you hit the floor and press L or R to stand up.

3. VISUALS

Here are the videos, the first one explains the basic info and a little advanced techs.

VIDEO # 1

Falco's Visual Guide

Some stuff i based it on almightypancake guide, that is Here

VIDEO # 2

Falco Advanced Techniques

On this video there are sick stuff that will help you alot, i swear, and they need patience and practice to apply on your normal brawling, Enjoy.

4. CLOSURE

Time to time i will add stuff according on how guides come up and new techs are discovered.
so keep looking, I will add videos of me fighting Peeps too.

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
knew most of them but still interesting for those who wanna pick up falco ;) One question though. With his chaingrab usually the way i do it is .......throw, hold down, dash forward, grab, repeat. In the vid, the way you explain it is a bit different.

what do you mean grab with R+A? press those 2 at the same time? so the sequence is R+A (grab), down, dash, grab, repeat? this way, it's even more guranteed that the opponent won't escape/jump out of it? Someone should make a percentage chart. which characters can chain up to how much %. if im not too busy, i'll make one

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
good point, ill add also a chart for which characters you can do more than 50% grabbing, and what i mean with R+ A is grab, since this way it has more reach than just Z, this way they wont be able to break from your combo easily, though there is a way to get out.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Ah! nice video. I forgot about the "dead spot" at pointblank for the shine. (Got a wii two days ago, waiting for pal release of brawl :/)

I'll add that to the shine thread next update.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
:p i got even more new techs. ill make another vid of those. :p like 5 new to add

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
it was helpful....try to fix the camera...doesn't want to mae me stop watching the video...but is distracting

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
im editing it, expect it today or tomorrow, depends if the OBC tourney time. i qualified :O

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
I updated it so take a look people. the second vid has advanced techniques. around 6-7

pears100

Smash Rookie
The new vid, i like the edgeguard stuff, esp. the phantasm to edge grab. good stuff

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
just like 5-10 sds, not many, since i already knew how phantasm works or the distance.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
What is this goofy video that says wavedashing is possible, and then shows you JUMPING UP AND DOWN FOR 5 MINUTES

Mannnnnnnnn what?

WHAT?

And the reverse grab labeled the "anti-chase"... I loled.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Basically that to is just air dodging just before you hit the ground so you get invincibility frames and slightly more forward (depending on how when you can do it, like the video said) and CAN ATTACK INSTANTLY.

It has the same point of washdashing, moving without getting hit as easily and attack instantly.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
No, that's totally wrong.

Wavedashing is being able to slide along the ground and do any ground attack while sliding. There is only a tiny downtime period, which is the jump and landing animation, about 10 frames. This is just jumping and then waiting and then airdodging. Airdodging into the ground produces no greater slide than landing and does nothing other than land you on the ground with a flash of invincibility. If you want to compare it to melee, compare it to Triangle Jumping.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
did you noticed, i said "kind of" duh. before adding your comments please, read. kthxbye

pears100

Smash Rookie
to add on to your phantasm to edgehog technique, on the stage battlefield if you run off the two side platforms just as you fall if you phantasm you will grab the edge of the stage

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
to add on to your phantasm to edgehog technique, on the stage battlefield if you run off the two side platforms just as you fall if you phantasm you will grab the edge of the stage
did you mean, when you phantasm you will autograb the edge?

Black Dragon

Smash Cadet
I could see myself using the phantasm to edge guard during regular matches. But I wouldn't be so bold as to do it during tournaments, due to the SD chances.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
thats why i recomend you to analize the most stages you could edgeguard. and then just apply it when you need. :p

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
The guy who made that video posted a thread here. Look a page back or so.

It has it's uses, but not as quick in a charging approach like in melee.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I up the thread, your videos were pretty good, Drakuaza ! ^^ (ok, maybe not the quality ;P)

Wiill you make a third one ? :)

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Lol =(

Yea, wavedashing is gone, let it die. And you should probably work on your boost grabbing (the thing you called anti chase). Might want to edit videos in the future so they're a bit more fluent as well.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
I thought the video could've been better but I'm impressed at all the stuff you showed off which I've also figured out on my own prior to watching the video(although there is more to be talked about)

In your SHL section in your other video, you should've separated it and done SHL and SHDL as both can be used and SHL is arguably less punishable than SHDL and just say SHL should be SHDL because its not and it should be encouraged to SHL and SHDL when the situation presents itself.

One thing that bothered me was your purpose for the edge guard section (I think it was the other video as well).

I didn't know people actually went as far as saying you cannot edge guard. Its obvious you can. Even if they mistook edge guarding and meant Ledge hogging, its also still possible to abuse the invincibility frames like you could in Melee to Ledge hog.

Other than that. Its good.

Drakuaza

Smash Apprentice
Ok after long time gone, Im back and willing to do more vids with more stuff i know and now, for first time, good quality(no cammera shake)

Top Bottom