• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Falco: Approaches and Combos/Strings

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does anyone know how to pull off RAR bairs. I've can't seem to consistently pull it off. It always either ends up being a normal bair or a RAR fair
Click the little arrow in the below quoted post to go the thread where it was posted.
If you're moving right, :GCR: until you get close enough or feel like you're close enough to your opponent, :GCL:, :GCY: (or whatever you have assigned to jump), and :GCCR: or :GCR: + :GCA: if you don't use the C-stick to do aerials and/or tilts. It's easier the longer you run.

If you're standing in place, then just turn around and Bair, so if you're facing left and want to Bair to the left, :GCR:, :GCY: (jump), and :GCCL: or :GCL: + :GCA:.

People call it "reverse aerial rush" (RAR), but I call it pivot since it's easier to say and makes more sense than the really long term. I guess the reason why people say RAR is because you could only run, turnaround, and jump in Brawl onward since in 64? and Melee, you couldn't jump while turning around. You can turnaround and jump while standing and walking which requires some more gentle inputs. Anyway, the reason why I say pivot is because you basically do a pivot and then jump after it instead of say, Ftilt or grab for a pivot grab.

A pivot without any other inputs or a turnaround is basically this if you're moving right, :GCR: and when you want to turn :GCL:. This of course causes your character to slide since you didn't input anything else and your character is turning around to run towards the left. If you do this with a walk, then you're doing a pivot walk which for some characters doesn't do much, but Falco can move forward pretty well with it for some reason.

A pivot grab would be this if you're moving right, :GCR:, when you want to turn, :GCL: + :GCZ: (or whatever is grab). Remember to press them both at the same time or you'll do a Ftilt instead.

Pivot Ftilt would be this while moving right, :GCR:, when you want to turn, :GCL: + :GCA:. With C-stick to Smash or tilts, you can do pivot Smash or tilts by replacing the :GCL: + :GCA: input with whatever input.

So, run, turnaround, jump, and Bair or any aerial or Special you want you want. Pivoting in general is good since Falco makes heavy use of Bair, can use Uair's back hit to setup Bair, and Nair always launching people in front of him makes pivot Nair useful for control. Pivoting Specials can lead to "B-reverses" and "wavebounces", but that's something else for another time. If you want some videos, search on YouTube; ESAM's got a guide on it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXM0O5PXbQ4 or this dude's video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwFQ2MsgmtM.
Basically, dash or run -- they are two different things by the way --, pivot by flicking the analog stick the opposite direction, and Bair.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Not sure if this is known, but a good kill confirm I found on floaties is jab to JC USmash.

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
User was warned for this post; double post
Anyone have a full list of all of Falco's combos? I've been compiling a list so far, but I don’t know if it's valid.

I found something. Using Nair's windbox, I can drag people off a ledge. Essentially it's a reverse ladder combo on stages like Battlefield.

Since Nair's first hits jab lock, this combo is ridiculously easy to pull off.

Nair> Nair> Usmash

(You might add tilts in there to extend the lock on the ground).

This was tested on Mario, and I'd assume it works on a good chunk of the cast. Definitely on Heavies, and maybe on fastfallers.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfamousRush

Smash Rookie
Hello, newer member here.

As of 1.1.6 there is a d-throw combo lock that works as a DI mix up.

~5%
D-Throw -> (missed tech on ground) run up turn around f-tilt -> f-tilt (facing opponent) -> f-tilt -> u-smash for around 48% if opponent starts at 0.

It works mainly on fastfallers, middle weights, and heavy weights.

It will not work if opponent DIs upwards, techs, or percent is too high.

Ralugi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Uranium238
Hello, newer member here.

As of 1.1.6 there is a d-throw combo lock that works as a DI mix up.

~5%
D-Throw -> (missed tech on ground) run up turn around f-tilt -> f-tilt (facing opponent) -> f-tilt -> u-smash for around 48% if opponent starts at 0.

It works mainly on fastfallers, middle weights, and heavy weights.

It will not work if opponent DIs upwards, techs, or percent is too high.
I've seen these, though they have issues against floaties.

I also found used for RAR Fair. The hitbox is large enough to catch rolls. Might replace dash as the viable option to cover roll away.

InfamousRush

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post; Double Post
I've seen these, though they have issues against floaties.

I also found used for RAR Fair. The hitbox is large enough to catch rolls. Might replace dash as the viable option to cover roll away.
I think the only problem with that is that it lacks hit stun. As in, even if you land the hit and auto cancel it you may still get punished by a jab. Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems every time I follow up with an auto cancel fair at low percent I just get punished.

I guess it could be good for a mix up. Since the opponent will be looking for that.

Not sure if this is known, but a good kill confirm I found on floaties is jab to JC USmash.
Would you happen to know of any percents? I have recent practiced JC USmash and it has assisted me a bunch! I never really thought about that, but it sounds like a good idea!

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom