• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fair to grab vs fair to dancing blade

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
doesn't register as a combo to me in training mode when i try fair to dancing blade with the fair non sweetspotted.

Nevertheless i use fair to grab a lot in matches. So does that mean that in reality my opponents have time to spotdodge the followup grab but don't?

if so that means i could also use dancing blade as a combo if i thought it better at that percentage

anyways, thoughts??

AznLanceLord

Smash Cadet
I don't think humans are fast enough to spot dodge if they can. But If you sweepspot the fair you should be able to grab right away because not even computers can escape that.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
hmm, if they were queueing it they ought to be fast enough..of course one doesn't usually anticipate getting hit by the first fair of a combo unless you whiffed a fsmash or are about to cc it.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It works. Fair to Up-B is super sexy.

Fair/Uair/Dair/Nair/Bair~>Tilt/Neutral A/Grab/Up-B/Blade Dance/Shield Breaker

It all works unless you miss-L-cancel or miss the sweet spot or some.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
is fair to shieldbreaker any good? maybe shatter shields with it if they are worn down?

and i should specify that i meant fair nonsweetspotted on grounded opponents..if it sweetspots it lifts them so i'd go for an uptilt or more fairs/upairs rather than dancing blade

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It works because the shield stun on the the fair would last long enough for an uncharged shield breaker to do something about the shield. Only problem is spacing one so that you won't get shield grabbed.

If you apparently speetspoted the F-air, it would add slight altitude on your opponent, making linking up a fast ground attack possible as a combo. (eg, Tilt, Neutral A, F-Smash, Grab etc.)

F-airs that don't sweet spot at lower damages don't have lifting knockback would still work as combo when you want to link a Dancing Blade to it. You said it doesn't register as a combo, but react from an attack would depend on if the attack is a combo or not. If they DI away or CC the F-air.

Overall, it would work, but if your opponent knows you're going to pull one off, possibly it's countered. At higher damage or if you've sweet spoted the F-air, with DI on the bright side of your opponent, you can still pull off the combo from it. That's how Ken Combos have end in F-Smash when supposibly your opponent's DIing.

Top Bottom