• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair from the edge!

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is old or not. But wanted to share it anyways (maybe this helps someone).
When you grab the edge and do: control stick back, jump, A... you'll Bair, this helps to edgeguard. But if you do: control stick back (SMASHED) + jump + A... you'll do a Fair from the edge!! If you mix the timming a Nair can be done too... Hope it helps! :)

*EDIT*: See post #8 for more details!

Edit 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryi7865Hz8U thats the Tutorial...

Tenki

Smash Hero
dropping back and doing B-air is a common move.

Buuut thanks to you I just found out how to do the walljump to do the "reversal" from ledge (tap away+jump at the same time)

It's much easier to just do side-B facing away from the level and jump cancel into an aerial x]

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
dropping back and doing B-air is a common move.

Buuut thanks to you I just found out how to do the walljump to do the "reversal" from ledge (tap away+jump at the same time)

It's much easier to just do side-B facing away from the level and jump cancel into an aerial x]
That explains the "why" of the Fair from the edge... That means Sonic walljumps and Fair, thats good... If you practice isn't that difficult, I got used to it...
One question: Isn't the "walljump Fair" faster and closer to the edge than the ASD one? Could you test it?

Tenki

Smash Hero
That explains the "why" of the Fair from the edge... That means Sonic walljumps and Fair, thats good... If you practice isn't that difficult, I got used to it...
One question: Isn't the "walljump Fair" faster and closer to the edge than the ASD one? Could you test it?
ay, too true xD

Things being difficult is just johning for people who didn't practice enough T__T

Wall jump F-air (or B-air) is faster, but it goes further from the edge, being a... wall jump.

ASD reversal stays next to the edge, so I guess that's better for hitting people inside the level.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
So depends of the situation you can Walljump Fair or ASD... Good, I'll practice the stuff.

the forums down yesterday, almost made me loose control...

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry for this double post but I think is necesary to public knowledge to write the timming of the Walljump moves while grabbing the edge:

1) Edge-Walljump: Right/left (Smashed) and hold it + Jump

2) Edge-Walljump Fair: Right/left (Smashed) and hold it + Jump, A (as soon as possible and keep holding left/right)

3) Edge-Walljump Bair: Right/left (Smashed) and hold it + Jump, A + left/right to the stage. Don't use it! Use the SD + Bair one... Is 10.000 times better.

4) Edge-Walljump Nair: Right/left (Smashed) and hold it + Jump, realese right/left, A (asap), right/left toward the edge to grab it again.

5) Edge-Walljump Uair: Same as the other but with Uair :)

Well, thats all. The Fair is the best and is very quick... It have scored some kills to me. If you think this can help your game, then try it...

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
OK I'll tell him about this... Maybe he add this stuff. I was trying to do this with other characters but I couldn't... I thnik Sonic is the only one who can do this (have to test more)

Top Bottom