• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fair & Bair

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
I know that I just posted for the first time but I have been playing smash for a while so don't kill me for making this thread.

I have heard from a lot of people that some of the aerials for Marth have changed. I haven't yet got my hands on Brawl but many people have told me that his fair has gotten weaker and that his bair has gotten stronger. But i saw one of the first brawl tournaments on youtube and it looked to me like the fair was more of a killer than the bair.
So this thread is to discuss the new bair and fair of Marth.

Please don't spam or double post.

Locke66

Smash Cadet
i think fair has more horizontal knockback now...so its a much more useful edgeguard move. at least from what I've heard...

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say the fair is improved, just different. It probably lost some of it's combo potential but will be useful in other ways.

nonamedn00b

Smash Cadet
I heard more recently that the fair is sort of weaker so it can be used as a sort of wall of pain and so it is more useful for edgegaurding than it is for combos.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I don't believe Marth's fair got weaker at all. It's simply that it has less stun, but damage and knockback wise it's exactly the same (untipped). However, the tipped version of his fair is much stronger than before, and has great horizontal knockback. It's like Shiek's fair from melee.

christoph17

Smash Rookie
did the lag time change on them at all, i think i heard that d-air got more lag but i'm not sure can you clear this up?

goateeguy

Smash Ace
dang, so fair combos are out of the question. those were, like, what you did with marth! i can remember so many matches i turned around by getting short hop double fair combos straight across the stage with a spike at the end. i guess if it's comparable to sheik's fair it must be a good edgeguard, and since the autostagegrab thing is in brawl, you can actually use fairs to edgeguard without having to reverse up-b. i wish they could just keep marth completely the same!

Top Bottom