• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-Zero Pit Stop F-Zero Z!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMarth

Smash Apprentice
oh my!... this is fantastic...

but i dont think f-zero z is original or creative of a name =/

They could have simply called it F-Zero or F-Zero Mach 3 or something like that..but not z

also i speak german so i can read that =D

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Great news, what we've been waiting to hear. I'm sure we all knew it was coming.

Weapons? That worries me. I sincerely hope it's done well. Personally, I prefer the idea of F Zero without weapons. I hope it doesn't turn into Wipeout.

Online, well executed, and lag issues aside, has great potential. I hope online grand prix's will be available as opposed to solitary races.

Can't wait for more news.

EDIT: I like the name. Better then F Zero Wii.

D

Deleted member

The Wikipedia article is win:

Wikipedia said:
F-Zero Z is an upcoming game for the Wii console from the popular F-Zero series. It is the sequel to F-Zero GX, released in 2003 on the Nintendo GameCube console. The game is set to support online races through Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A Nintendo spokesman has said that the "Very Hard" difficulty mode, will be so dangerous, that anyone playing it has to wear protective gear in order to keep their limbs The protective gear that is to be released with the game.;stating that the game automatically utilizes all speakers in a 20 foot radius of the Wii and plays them on the highest audible setting and locks all doors and possible conventional escape routes. Also, if you crash in "Very Hard" mode, the Wii shoots flames out of the disc drive and can burn an entire house down. A trailer of F-Zero Z can be seen at the end of F-Zero GX after beating story mode
EDIT: It's a hoax!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This was a good laugh, but I really wanted a new F-Zero. Let's just hope that if F-Zero really does ever get another installment, that there are no weapons.

HT27

Smash Cadet
'tis faked; nothing is confirmed for F-Zero yet.

Also, I might not even want to see an F-Zero on the Wii... knowing Nintendo's attitude toward their target demographic, they'll make F-Zero into something terrible because they'll try to cater more to the noob 10 year olds and parents than for actual gamers. F-Zero GX is hard and insanely fast, but a Wii version may well be far more tame to say the least.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Good if it's fake.

Weapon system in F Zero? No thank you.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can't believe F-Zero Z to be real. I mean come on... FZZ? Pretty redundant acronym, don'tcha think? As for the weapons element (if by chance they somehow become a part of the next F-Zero game) I doubt they would have much of an impact on the game. It would basically be a battle between speed and weapons, and when someone focuses on weapons, then they're not focusing on speed while a real F-Zero racer would just zip on by the shooters - scratch-free. Seriously, if weapons are implemented, they would be in for noobs and noobs only so they may think that they actually have a chance. F-Zero is about racing, not fighting, and always has been (even though you can attack). Racing will always be given the priority and weapons will be the "tripping" of F-Zero. Mere gimmicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom