• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

F-ing Samuses

elastickub

Smash Cadet
I lost the last tourney i was at to a samus. :ohwell:

It wasnt a bad samus,

its just the fact that he missile spamed the whole game

i need some tips against fighting samuses thou.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Jab the missiles, hit Samus with your sword. If you can get her above you, you're in good shape. If you can get her off the stage, you're in better shape.

Pressure and don't let her charge the Charge Shot. Don't get close enough for the Screw Attack to hit.

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
you can also Ftilt the missiles, and that way you don't stop aproaching to her

i think Nairing is a good aproach since most samus like to spot dodge, it's hard to dash-dance grab her because the dodge is too fast and a missed grab will get you a Dsmash or anything bad
side B works well also against spot dodgers
and fair isn't a bad aproach either, just be careful
i think every marth move suits to a situation, when they wavedash too much, you can go and Dash attack them, or wait with Dtilt

well i think all this stuff can work with a lot of chars

against floaties, tipper Dsmash works very well, they die in low percentage upwards :D, it's like fox's Usmash, but it's hard to get the tipper, i like doing it on the edge, when they get up with the shield button, you face against the edge, so if they just come up, they'll get normal hit, but if they do the shield button, they die

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you shdf, and you notice during the first fair that they are CCing, dair instead of fair for the 2nd one. Just hit missiles, dtilt instead of grab at a spaced distance. This is a very good matchup to see how well your spacing really is. Otherwise, everything you do is gonna get dsmashed.

elastickub

Smash Cadet
If you shdf, and you notice during the first fair that they are CCing, dair instead of fair for the 2nd one. Just hit missiles, dtilt instead of grab at a spaced distance. This is a very good matchup to see how well your spacing really is. Otherwise, everything you do is gonna get dsmashed.
Thanks bra

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
If they missile spam have you tried jumping over the missiles, walking forward with f-tilt through the missiles, or waveshielding through them?

DTKPch

Smash Journeyman
Missile priority is absolute crap. From what I know of Falcon strategy, Falcon's just SHFFL nair right through missiles. With your ridiculous sword, just jab, ftilt, nair, fair, or whatever through those missiles. Except for side-b. I don't think side-b works.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, the Dancing Blade is pretty weird in terms of projectiles. It hits back bombs when everything else just breaks them... and it seems to do the same damage as the jab, so that doesn't make sense to me.

But special moves in general react strange to projectiles. Like I've never clanked a projectile with the Shield Breaker ever.

LSDX

Wah!
SHFFL your Fairs. If at a moderate range and there is no missile spamming in progress, DD then pivot your Fsmash.

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
theyve pretty much taken care of the missiles. the samus should start to rely on *something* else to approach you with after he finds that the missiles are not very effective.

If you find you can kill, then go in for the kill; otherwise camp if you dont feel safe.

space f-airs, stay at tipper distance, and dont get greedy; watch for cc, d-smash, f-smash, and charged b.

otherwise, camp, look for f-airs and combos, and edgeguard well (d-tilt is your friend)

LSDX

Wah!
If none of this works, pull a Princess Peach and whack them in the head with your tiara.

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
Read everything I am posting right now.

"Approach samus with marth by closing in space, jump over/jab her missles, go for grabs/force her grab and miss(dur)/space fair perfectly (samus will usually cc and dsmash regardless) then dash back and pivot grab. Early percentages use nair or uair if you'd like, your goal is to push her off to the edge asap. Using well placed fair/spaced fair in the air is crucial, for they will try to nair you, utilts good at low percentages as well. This is how you edgeguard samus------stand near the edge unless the samus is very low horizontally in her recovery. Just abuse Marth's amazing edgegame, also use Dair for her *spaced upb recovery to the edge* pfffft looool what a joke"

did you read that? if you didn't you are dumb, for i am the greatest melee smasher there is

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Alternately...

Dashdance camp right outside of dsmash range. Punish anything she attempts to do.

Top Bottom