• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EZ Cyclone Recovery

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I'm not much of a Snash 4 player, but I thought I'd share a tip someone showed me for PM that should work here. To make recovering with Luigi's Down Special easier, simply change the D-Pad's controls from Taunt to Special, then rotate your thumb on the D-Pad. Easy! I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this, but I couldn't be bothered to check.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
I'm not much of a Snash 4 player, but I thought I'd share a tip someone showed me for PM that should work here. To make recovering with Luigi's Down Special easier, simply change the D-Pad's controls from Taunt to Special, then rotate your thumb on the D-Pad. Easy! I'm not sure if anyone has posted about this, but I couldn't be bothered to check.
But then how would I (attempt to) spike people using Weegee's down-taunt? O_O

Soupy

Sage of Wind
Practice makes perfect! Your fingers won't get faster if you don't put in the effort to make them faster.
Though I understand that some people physically can't mash well. It was more of a joke haha.

hey_there

Smash Journeyman
I tried this method out and didn't have as much success as I'd hoped. For now I'm just sticking to mashing.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I tried this method out and didn't have as much success as I'd hoped. For now I'm just sticking to mashing.
That's a shame to hear, I tried this in project M and it works fantastically, I can do jumpless cyclones now in it. I wonder why it doesn't work in Smash 4?

ShadowShlong

Smash Cadet
I also noticed that this method doesn't work, sadness. Now I'll never be a true button mashing based gods like Boss and other Top Tier players

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I find myself trying the d pad and getting less height in project M with Mario.
So dis is not 4 me

Top Bottom