• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremely odd My Music Behavior, somewhat creepy...

Laraso

Smash Rookie
I just recently got into texture hacks and such, and I figured out how to create my own .brstm files and insert them into the game. I started adding songs such as MSD O Claire, some Apocolpytica songs, and some Legend of Zelda remixes, but I didn't really add any more songs than that.

However, after I played a few games with these settings and I went back into the My Music screen to add more songs, I noticed the game had changed the name of the songs by itself...

The songs were named things such as:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
The Lord, God
~9~
Zombie Hopper

My game then froze as I attempted to continue scrolling down the song list. I am officially freaked out and I'm not going to start Brawl again until someone can explain to me what I did and/or what could have possibly caused this.

EDIT:

For further information, I do not own a single Marvel vs. Capcom song, I have no idea what ~9~ or Zombie Hopper is, and I do not even know how to rename the songs on the My Music screen.

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Wow... I wonder how that happened....

Anyway, just delete your info.pac file. It's severely corrupted.

EDIT: Those aren't even song names. You may have a misleading MSG file here. Give me the info.pac and I'll see what I can do here

Laraso

Smash Rookie
After a good nights sleep, I have a clear head and I've gone back into the My Music and this is what I have found:

[COLLAPSE="My Music"]
(Default song) Means that when played, the song sounds just like the default song whenever the name was unchanged.

Battlefield Songs:
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 Menu (Actually an Apocolyptica song)

Final Destination Songs:
(Final Destination audio was completely untouched until this happened)
~9~ (Default song)
Wrapped in Black (Default song)
The Lord, God (Default song)

Delfino Plaza:
(Nothing of interest)

Luigis Mansion:
(Luigi's Mansion audio was completely untouched until this happened)
Zombie Hopper (Default Song)

Mushroom Kingdom:
Nothing appeared to happen to this, and I did not change the music of the stage prior to this happening, but scrolling down past "Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.)" freezes the Wii.

Mario Kart Circut, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin:
(Nothing of interest, although I did have quite a few Zelda remixes on Eldin)

Pirate Ship:
Im On A Boat (Default Song, I actually do have this song, but I did not put it onto this stage... yet... This made me laugh... and wonder whether or not I downloaded something that may have caused this.)
Horatio (Default Song, I'm not too sure, but I'm suspicious that this is not a default song name.)

Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, and Yoshi's Island:
(Nothing of Interest, however I did have 1 custom song on Yoshi's Island)

Halberd:
Infiltration (Default Song)
??? (Default Song)
Dead Batteries (Flying Battery Zone) (Default Song, I'm suspicious about whether or not this is even a real sonic song... "Dead Batteries"??)

Lylat Cruise:
Saber Wing (Default Song)
Space Jam Theme (Default Song)
Break Through the Ice (Default Song, I think this is not a default song name, but then again, I'm not too sure.)

Pokemon Stadium 2:
What Kind of Pokemon Are You? (Default Song, It was here that I began looking through my files to see if there was anything that I might have added that caused this.)
Double Trouble (Default Song)
Vs. Red (Default Song)

Spear Pillar:
Vs. Red

Port Town Aero Dive:
Trip.brstm (Default song, At this point I am pretty sure that I put downloaded something that caused this)
Lupin the 3rd '78 (Default song)
Infernoplex (Default song)

Castle Siege:
AA (Default song)

Warioware, Inc:
Remix 1 (Rythm Tengoku Gold) (Default song)
100 sec. Kitchen Battle! (Default song)
Space Shooter (Rhythm Tengoku Gold)
Remix 8 (Default Song)

Summit:
Opposites (Rhythm Tengoku Gold) (Default song)
Ice Cold (Default song)
Race Around the World (Default song)

Shadow Moses Island:
Agent Blatant (Default song)
Yell "Dead Cell" Vr Remix (Default song)
VR Mission: Sneaking (Default song)
VR Variety Mission (Default song)
Tuxedo Snake (Default song)

Flat Zone 2:
Chaos (Default song)
[/COLLAPSE]

As you can see by the stage-appropriate song names (Such as "I'm on a boat" on the Pirate Ship, and "Tuxedo Snake" on Shadow Moses Island) and the frequency of some of the names (Specifically Tengoku songs), I believe that I may have downloaded something that renamed my songs. I doubt that whatever I downloaded was intended to rename the songs, but the person who made the file probably forgot to take something out and I now have the names of their songs...

However, I still have no idea what might possibly be the cause of it, and I don't have an info.pac (am I supposed to have one?) so that isn't going to help me any. Does anyone know of any types of files that when loaded onto the Wii have the capability of renaming song names in My Music?

EDIT:

If it would help, I can upload everything I've got to Mediafire or something if anyone wants to take a look at it.

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
I'm with Innerscope on this, delete your info.pac file and get a fresh one...that's the strangest thing I've ever seen when it comes to Brawl...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I wish I could remember where all the files were located, but I haven't done this in a while. I want to say that My Music titles are in... mu_menumain? Maybe? Post all the menu-related files you have here and I'll definitely recognize it.

Laraso

Smash Rookie
I wish I could remember where all the files were located, but I haven't done this in a while. I want to say that My Music titles are in... mu_menumain? Maybe? Post all the menu-related files you have here and I'll definitely recognize it.
No need, I checked the mu_menumain I just recently added with BrawlBox and after searching it for a short amount of time I found a part in it that lists all the songs, and it does indeed have all of the song names I listed above. Thanks, now I not only know how to fix this, but I also possibly know how to change the song names myself.

Thanks for the help everyone, I was actually expecting this to get ignored...

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
I think I know the problem now.

You said mymusic crashes, and that you have Brawl+, right?

Brawl+ included two new stages, Online training room and something else (can't remember) Both have their own tracklist (Which, BTW, has only one song) and included a code to allow that tracklist. This means that Mymusic can't read that tracklist.

Laraso

Smash Rookie
I don't remember saying I had Brawl+... But, I already fixed it though. Thanks anyways for your help.

Top Bottom