• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Explanation to Luigi's FS possibly found?

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
As I was surfing the Web, I decided to visit mariowiki. Nothing special here, I went on looked up Luigi's page on Mariowiki, and something I read about his appearance in Brawl struck me as, well, striking. It said:

'According to his trophy, the dark magic of Luigi's Final Smash is representative of the time Luigi has spent in Mario's shadow.'

Which sounds very feasible and awesome if you ask me. Your thoughts?

Here's the page by the way: http://www.mariowiki.com/Luigi#Super_Smash_Bros._series

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
His trophy reads;
"As exotic music plays, he performs a dance befitting a sorcerous incantation. A barrier envelops him, negatively impacting all in his area. Random
effects include getting launched, sleeping, moving in slow motion, tripping, fainting, and losing attack power. This technique is a
reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow."

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Odd, I always thought it was just representative of the green colour palette swap since that's how he was created.. From, you know, inverting Mario's colours with a greenish colour palette >.> Stupid subtext.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
His trophy reads;
"As exotic music plays, he performs a dance befitting a sorcerous incantation. A barrier envelops him, negatively impacting all in his area. Random
effects include getting launched, sleeping, moving in slow motion, tripping, fainting, and losing attack power. This technique is a
reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow."
That's...really kinda sinister. I approve.

ZidaneK13

Smash Rookie
WHAT!? I know Luigi was kinda emo about being in his brother's shadow in Paper Mario and such but this is still kinda odd. I think his FS is a take on taking shrooms, the trophy still doesn't really explain where all that green stuff comes from.

Darkurai

Smash Master
"The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
"Is it possible to learn these powers?"
"Not from a Jedi."

Darth Vader confirmed.

gevenstaines

Smash Cadet
"effects include getting launched, sleeping, moving in slow motion, tripping, fainting, and losing attack power." sounds like me the last time i took shrooms.

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone confirmed the name of the final smash though? Alot of people are calling it Za Warudo but I want to know the official name of it. It seems to be taking them too long to upload a Luigi character section on the Brawl website so..

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone confirmed the name of the final smash though? Alot of people are calling it Za Warudo but I want to know the official name of it. It seems to be taking them too long to upload a Luigi character section on the Brawl website so..
For now, we don't know the name. But odds are Luigi will be revealed on the Dojo next week, along with his Final Smash.

ThatOtherGuy

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that they chose to play up that aspect of Luigi's personality. Even though I like Mario better (play and character-wise), Luigi certainly has more depth.

Top Bottom