• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Explanation and Rules (outdated)

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
First question you’re having is probably “What is this place?”

Well, for the past several years, a series of forum games have appeared in the Forum Games, that don’t really..fit. Mafia games and listing things by the alphabet don’t match very well. I applied for, and received from a gracious Admin, this sub forum.

Mafia Games, Diplomacy (check the thread out if you don’t know what it is!), RPGs, Adventure games, or any other form of skilled-based games go here. Paint the above user in pain, Video Game character list, or Elimination games do not belong in here. It’s not any form of bias, this isn’t a place for “exceptional” forum games. It’s for forum games that require time and thought to compete in that would be swamped by the other games.

This room is open to everyone, so if you see a game you want to join, or have a game you want to make, go ahead and do so! Please be aware, however, that if I don’t believe a game belongs here I will move it out. I have the final say on this matter, though feel free to PM me if you disagree with a decision. If you’re planning on making a game and can’t decide, PM me about it. It’s unlikely I’ll be moving threads from the Forum Games to the Decisive sub-forum unless I’m PMed about it, but there is still a possibility. You won’t be infracted or anything for making a game in the wrong place, unless you repeatedly do it just to annoy me.

One very important part of this sub-forum is that it means Mafia games are no longer restricted to only two. That’s right, there is no more wait time! However, I’m going to have to ask that you keep the games to 5-10 players, with 15 at the most. You will also have to have played in at least 1 mafia game that has ended before you can host a game. Joining and killing yourself is not accepted.

Diplomacy games are opened for anyone to make or play.

If you are creating a game that requires double posting, please PM me for permission before you create it.

Here is a big one. CHEATING IS AN INFRACTIONABLE OFFENSE. Every scenario will be on a case-by-case example, but this can extend from a single infraction to a two-week temp ban, depending on the extent. Players can be black-listed from games for repeated cheating or by showing that they’re not mature enough to handle a game.

Ask any questions, or comment on anything here, in this thread. As this room is new, the rules are open to changes. I will edit the title when a change is made, and it is your responsibility to read them. You’re welcome to suggest a rule, if you wish.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
This room was meant to go up much earlier, but if you remember January was the time when the forum went to hell, so I was going to hold off the unveil of this room until the place settled. It did settle around a month ago, but I got bogged down in personal stuff and school work (and procrastination. can't forget procrastination), so it took until now for it to be finished.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
This place should be given a badass slogan, like, "The only place where it's OK to ally and backstab at the same time...=)"

Also, I stole the sexy new sig.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
If you wish. I don't think this place is going to be receiving an announcement, so advertise it however you want

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Hey, Eor, I just made a revised "Fire at will" game, a new and improved version of my last one. I wasn't sure if it should go here, but I think I'd like it moved to forum games regardless, because nobody will see it in decisive games. What do you think, though?

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm not a moderator anymore, so do what you want. But in my opinion, it'd belong here.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay, I guess I won't ask for it to moved if you think it belongs here. It's just that nobody has signed up in 4 hours. Many people still don't know about decisive games.

I am hoping that some of the DG regulars start joining, though. You're all much more reliable, to put it nicely. So I guess I can use this post to say: Join my game, please.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, I don't think we have any Forum Games moderators, at present, but I still feel like I need to bring this up, and this seems like the best place.

Due to the recent forum upgrade, it appears that edited posts don't always display a marker to show when or if they were edited. This could cause big problems for the mafia games, or the adventure games, which could lead to completely undetectable cheating. I'm hoping there's some way to fix this problem, but I know I can't do it.

EDIT: This is just to prove my point.

EDIT AGAIN: To test whether it actually says I edited it now.

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN: And it does.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I believe it only happens if you edit almost immediately after you post. I agree we need moderators, but nothing I can do about that. I think moderators can see if a post was editted, but eh. EE can work with it if he wants

Top Bottom