• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Experiment with this Match

Worlder

Smash Rookie
I am trying to test this thing I call "Skill of Items and Anticipation"

Basically I want to see how one could win with a match in which the player do not use ANY attacks (except for the Final Smash) but rely purely on spawned items.

Items can be seen as sign of inferiority by some but I like to see how well players use items to their advantage.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Items are fun to watch.

But something like that.. would be boring to watch.

Smash != Poker. (or any other chance based game)

Worlder

Smash Rookie
I know it would take while for someone to get KO'ed.

But hey let's see how much damage dealt.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
But you need to attack to get the Smash Ball.
Bonsly and Piplup would own XD.

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
Sounds different, but without using any attacks, all characters are essentially the same (besides size and movement), so while it would be a great test of item competency, it would probably not be too interesting.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Kind of interesting, but I feel as though the characters themselves without any moves at all, using items would result in the match being almost always up to chance. The only thing that I can see as changing results that are in the characters themselves is thier recoveries, and maybe heavier characters having an advantage. Oh, and if you considered Diddy's bananas as a "spawned" item.

If I read your post right you want to see how players will take advantage of items, including the Final Smash, and how they would win. Just off the top of my head, Sonic would be a good character for this considering his Final Smash. Also, if you consider Dedede's Waddle Dees, Snake's C4 and 'nades, and Diddy's bananas as items, they would do good.

/ trying to be smart about a pointless idea imo

Worlder

Smash Rookie
I like to see how well one can react to a sudden "Oh ****!" event that is a usually a result of items while at the the same time making the "Oh ****!" event work out for that player in order to get the upper hand.

How to use your opportunities and how to waste their opportunities.

Top Bottom