• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Expecting another character? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!" (Thread Repurposed as a Waluigi Social)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Yes. I shall support the Waluigi.

Edit: Also, something I'm legit surprised about: No one thought of giving Waluigi a Pinball-style Final Smash.

Last edited:
Hang on. Wasn't Dr. Mario a spinoff character? If that's the case, characters like Waluigi and Daisy have actually have pretty good chances.
Yeah but Dr Mario is a clone.

Clones are usually more of an exception than the rule. ( i dont particularly think being a spinoff character is what holding Waluigi back anyway)

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
If Waluigi is popular enough, I bet he will be included.

Sakurai, or whatever director is at the helm, can go nuts with his moveset. I don't think they have to stay close to source material, but rather should base his fighting style on his outlandish personality and elongated body type.

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
Waluigi should have a weird, and out of place move set just like how he is supposed to be with the rest of the Mario cast. I support to ;3

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
User was warned for double posting
I'm a support-wah!

also, for anyone who says Waluigi can't be in because he's "filler" or he only exists to be a tennis partner, let me remind you:

R.O.B. and Sonic were only created to be marketing gimmicks

Yoshi and Diddy were only created to be life bars

so, if they can get in, I see no reason not to have Waluigi, same with Daisy.

Personally, I'd give him a Final Smash inspired by Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix. After all, he was one of the bosses in that game.
sorry for 3 posts in a row, but my idea for a Waluigi Final Smash is called "Gamma-nipulation", where Waluigi forces his foe(s) to keep a stance resembling gamma (the Greek letter on Waluigi's hat), and then he serves a tennis ball into their face(s).

Last edited by a moderator:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
There's an amusing bit of Waluigi-related information, from a year 2000 magazine article, that's doing the rounds online at the moment, and it seemed like it was worth sharing here;

Camelot wanted to include girlfriends for Wario and Waluigi in Mario Tennis

Poor Wario and Waluigi...Miyamoto shot down the idea years ago, and neither has had a companion since. All they have is each other, and their love of being rotten.
Basically, Camelot originally wanted to give Wario and Waluigi girlfriends, to mirror how Mario and Luigi have Peach and Daisy, but it never happened because, apparently, Shigeru Miyamoto humourously suggested that he wouldn't want to see their girlfriends. :laugh:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
There's an amusing bit of Waluigi-related information, from a year 2000 magazine article, that's doing the rounds online at the moment, and it seemed like it was worth sharing here;

Basically, Camelot originally wanted to give Wario and Waluigi girlfriends, to mirror how Mario and Luigi have Peach and Daisy, but it never happened because, apparently, Shigeru Miyamoto humourously suggested that he wouldn't want to see their girlfriends. :laugh:
I've actually seen a lot of fanmade Wapeach/Warupichi and Wadaisy concept art. my personal favourite is this one

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I've actually seen a lot of fanmade Wapeach/Warupichi and Wadaisy concept art. my personal favourite is this one
Hahaha! :laugh: Those two are both fantastic! It's almost a pity that they never went ahead with official versions, really.

TooBadWaluigiTime

Smash Apprentice
Also, just something I wanna say: I hope Waluigi's moveset isn't 90% sports.

I mean, yea, The tennis racket's a given, but after that, do stuff he's known for, like bob-ombs, piranha plants, and the air swimming.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I think one of the biggest problems with Waluigi is that his identity is inconsistent.

Not in a personality or a physical kind of way, he's always been the lanky schemer. But nearly every spin-off just adds to the list of powers and abilities Waluigi has. Not including any weapons like Bob-Ombs or Piranha Plants, OR sports equipment like tennis racquets, go-karts or even dice blocks, Waluigi's skillset includes:
  • Creating tornados (Mario Power Tennis, Mario Hoops 3-on-3)
  • Creating walls of thorns / vines and using them as whips (Mario Strikers Charged)
  • Energy blasts in the shape of an Γ (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games)
  • Smoke manipulation AND teleportation (Mario Strikers Charged)
  • Using eggplants as projectiles (Mario Super Sluggers)
  • Swimming in the air (Mario Tennis series)
  • LASER BEAMS (Mario Super Sluggers)
The question is what to keep, and what to discard.

D

Deleted member

I support. He's been waiting long enough, but Smash Switch should finally be the time...
Waluigi time!!!

D

Deleted member

I have this thread watched, yet I haven't been getting any alerts. What gives, Smashboards?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I have this thread watched, yet I haven't been getting any alerts. What gives, Smashboards?
This seems to randomly happen sometimes with random watched threads. Sometimes it's as a result of missing an alert, but other times they just plain stop showing up at all.

Now that you've revisited the thread, it should start working again, at least if my own past experience of this is anything to go by.

D

Deleted member

This seems to randomly happen sometimes with random watched threads. Sometimes it's as a result of missing an alert, but other times they just plain stop showing up at all.

Now that you've revisited the thread, it should start working again, at least if my own past experience of this is anything to go by.
I really hope so.

I had alerts on this thread because I wouldn't have been able to see it otherwise since I have the thread owner on Ignore.
Me not being able to access the Waluigi thread of all places doesn't sit well with me. :V

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
I think one of the biggest problems with Waluigi is that his identity is inconsistent.

Not in a personality or a physical kind of way, he's always been the lanky schemer. But nearly every spin-off just adds to the list of powers and abilities Waluigi has. Not including any weapons like Bob-Ombs or Piranha Plants, OR sports equipment like tennis racquets, go-karts or even dice blocks, Waluigi's skillset includes:
  • Creating walls of thorns / vines and using them as whips (Mario Strikers Charged)
  • Energy blasts in the shape of an Γ (Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games)
This is actually what makes me WANT Waluigi in Smash. forget the sports equipment, forget bob-ombs and piranha plants.
seriously, anyone who says Waluigi's moveset should/ would be nothing but sports equipment is not thinking nearly creatively enough. or hasn't done any real research.
Look at that list of abilities, look at it. Forget the sports equpiment. (or use it for some things) Waluigi could have the wackiest, zaniest moveset in smash history if they actually base it around what he DOES while playing sports and not on the sports themselves.
Swimming in the air and Teleporting would both work great for recovery moves. or the air swimming thing could be part of his aerial movesets giving him great air game.
the vine whip and Γ lasers would give him Range, I don't know how eggplants would fit in but there's that too.
Add in some basic moves based on his sports equipment, his supposedly powerful legs and maybe even some dance moves thanks to DDR Mario Mix and you've really got something here.

You can add me to the support list as well I guess, I'd love to see him in. but if he cant swim through the air while whipping people with vines and throw eggplants at them I'd be pretty disappointed.

D

Deleted member

@Lampy
Sailor Waddle Dee Sailor Waddle Dee

As the new owner of the thread, I have added you two to the Supporter List.

I'll be constructing a new main post for the front page when I have spare time. It shall be glorious.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Were you expecting a post regarding my support or non-support of Waluigi's inclusion in a future Smash title?

Too bad! GAMETAL TIME-- I mean--

If anything Waluigi related returns, I hope the Waluigi Pinball theme is one of them.

Zzedeez

Smash Rookie
It's already an assist trophy
Pretty sure Little Mac was an assist trophy in Brawl. Sure he isn't the best, but the chance of Waluigi being in the next Smash (Assuming there will be.) is as good as anyone else.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure Little Mac was an assist trophy in Brawl. Sure he isn't the best, but the chance of Waluigi being in the next Smash (Assuming there will be.) is as good as anyone else.
The post you're replying to is a couple of months old.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Mario Strikers Charged introduced crazy one-off powers for everybody, including a sonic screech for Bowser Jr. and physic powers for Diddy Kong, so I don't believe those powers really count for something.

D

Deleted member

Not quite ready to update the front page, but it's that time of year again.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Gotta admit I didn't know about this thread's existence for a while. Cool to see Golen owns it now.

Add me to that support list, fam.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

"Expecting a Christmas present? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!"

I got this guy for Christmas today. Lucky me. :laugh:

I hope that everyone who celebrates is having a great day! WAAAAAA!

Laniv

Smash Champion

The Purple Prankster of WAAAA-melot returns in a (hopefully) actually good Mario Tennis game.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I'd say Waluigi is a lot more memorable than the Mario characters who got into Smash 4, honestly. He has such an underdog appeal it's hard not to root for him. People want **** Dastardly to win a race the same way they want Waluigi to get out of the spinoffs already.

Maybe the tennis outfit could be Waluigi's main costume in Smash like Wario's is the biker outfit? He could still have the overalls alt (which 99.9% of people use when playing Wario). It's not much, but it's the most attention Waluigi's got in a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd say Waluigi is a lot more memorable than the Mario characters who got into Smash 4, honestly. He has such an underdog appeal it's hard not to root for him. People want **** Dastardly to win a race the same way they want Waluigi to get out of the spinoffs already.

Maybe the tennis outfit could be Waluigi's main costume in Smash like Wario's is the biker outfit? He could still have the overalls alt (which 99.9% of people use when playing Wario). It's not much, but it's the most attention Waluigi's got in a while.
Bowser Jr. is a memorable character if I say so myself.

But yes, Waluigi for Smash 4 all the way. May he finally get his chance.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So, who's ready for Waluigi Time in Smash?

Assuming that cheating Assist Trophy won't get him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom