• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Expecting another character? TOO BAD! WALUIGI TIME!" (Thread Repurposed as a Waluigi Social)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I've loved this guy as long as I can remember. Sign me up lads!

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I can't not support Waluigi. This time, it's Waluigi time.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
so there is a post about waluigi on the front page of the smash bros reddit. Feels great that a character that I used to picked on for liking is now so well loved.

D

Deleted member

so there is a post about waluigi on the front page of the smash bros reddit. Feels great that a character that I used to picked on for liking is now so well loved.
Embrace the WAA, my brother.

It will be Waluigi Time someday.

LaughingLefou

Smash Apprentice
I'd support a Waluigi only if his Final Smash was called "Waluigi Time." I don't even care what it does, but it needs to have that name. :D

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I thought I was originally in the supporter list but apparently I'm not. Please add me to the list.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How the heck have I not posted here yet?

With a new Smash game on the way, I might as well join now. Count me in as a supporter of the WAA.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I don’t think I’ve posted here before... Which is a dramatic failure on my part, because I really love Waluigi. If gets shafted into being an assist trophy again, I’ll be very disappointed.

Do we still do the “I support” thing with the list and stuff? Because if so put me on there!

PURPLE IS A COLOR

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I really feel this is Waluigi's time to shine. With what's looking to be one of the best Mario Tennis' yet. I think its time for the WAH!

Add me to Waluigi Legion List.

Last edited:

Kitty-chan

Happy Pyromaniac Neko
3DS FC
1203-9800-8781
Nintendo, free him nya! Free him from his assist trophy prison nya! Make him playable in smash 5 nya! It's Waluigi time nya!! Stop the Waluigi nyabuse nya!! Free him Nintendo nya!! FREE HIM!!!!!

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Oh yeah, it's finally Waluigi time! I can feel it in my bones! So excited for Smash Switch I made a bunch of emblems to support my most wanted characters, and obviously Waluigi was near the top of my list.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I absolutely love the idea of Waluigi in Smash. I've said it before but I think he's the perfect opportunity to represent the spin offs, the sports games and carts. I've heard people speculate that Wii Fit Trainer is outdated now, and while I think that argument is BS because it fills an important time in Nintendo history (not quite to the same level but in a similar fashion to ROB), Waluigi would be a good character to fill that spot.

That said preserving his villain/cheater side with dirty tricks would also be amazing. I like the idea of a fighter who has one move just be swinging a 2x4 like a cheap thug. That combined with his 'bury stomp' from the assist trophy and I think you can have a characterful moveset without needing the sports spinoffs as well.

I have seen the light after a ResetERA thread, and magnificent gifs like the one above.

As long as Smash Waluigi is this flamboyant, I would love it.
:061:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Picture This.

E3 2018

They are showing the launch trailer for Mario Tennis Aces.

It's a cutscene in which Mario & Luigi and playing doubles against Wario & Waluigi.

The rally is intense, going back and forth. Luigi hits a powerful overhead that hurls towards Waluigi. The screen goes dark and time seems to pause as Mario, Luigi, and Wario all silhouetted with the fire appearing behind them.

Waluigi looks back at the Tennis Ball, which is now a fireball with the Smash Bros. logo. You can see the reflection of the smash ball in his eyes as he hits the ball back full force. It breaks the screen, and it cuts to gameplay of Waluigi in Smash.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
At E3 2018, everyone gets a free Mario hat. They have the choice of either Mario, Luigi, or Wario.

It's presented as a popularity contest, and the people wearing the most popular hat get a special prize after the show.

Toward the end of the presentation, a graphic flashes that tells them it's time for the head count; a live feed of the audience is shown, all in hats.

...but then UV light fills the room, and all the hats turn into Waluigi hats. Waluigi then bursts through the live feed like glass, strikes a pose, and his Smash title card comes up.

Waluigi rigs a popularity contest he wasn't even competing in to get into Smash Bros.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
At E3 2018, everyone gets a free Mario hat. They have the choice of either Mario, Luigi, or Wario.

It's presented as a popularity contest, and the people wearing the most popular hat get a special prize after the show.

Toward the end of the presentation, a graphic flashes that tells them it's time for the head count; a live feed of the audience is shown, all in hats.

...but then UV light fills the room, and all the hats turn into Waluigi hats. Waluigi then bursts through the live feed like glass, strikes a pose, and his Smash title card comes up.

Waluigi rigs a popularity contest he wasn't even competing in to get into Smash Bros.
Beautiful

Zeox

Smash Champion
I'm sorry guys...
He's just too big.
Waluigi ridding Ridley confirmed final boss of Smash switch.
Now talking seriously, Waluigi the genie is the only new Mario character that I want in the game, he is popular, have a meme status, Sakurai knows it, players could make a "mario and luigi vs wario and waluigi" epic battle, and c'mon, Waluigi is super sexy, he is pure and great fanservice.
In conclusion, Nintendo, add Waluigi please.

Super Fawful

Smash Cadet
NNID
dimentio64
Let's complete the Bros. square by adding Waluigi!

Such a graceful character to support for this game. The only remaining non-RPG Mario character I actively support. Think about him pulling out a rose in his victory animation, so smooth

FlexTapeF0rever

Smash Cadet
For the next game they should cut the 3 clones( Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario)
As well as the Mii Fighters since...
1. You can't use them online or at tournaments so whats the point
2. They aren't very good in general
3. Nobody really likes them
4. Mii's aren't really integrated into the switch other than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
As for who else should go I personally want to see Jigglypuff finally gone( even if it won't happen), Corrin because we have too many FE characters and I feel Corrin was unnecessary when compared to the other newcomers, and R.O.B. who I never liked in the first place so thats a personal cut I want but because he is part of the Brawl crew he probably will stay.

D

Deleted member

For the next game they should cut the 3 clones( Lucina, Dark Pit, and Dr. Mario)
4. Mii's aren't really integrated into the switch other than Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
As for who else should go I personally want to see Jigglypuff finally gone( even if it won't happen), Corrin because we have too many FE characters and I feel Corrin was unnecessary when compared to the other newcomers, and R.O.B. who I never liked in the first place so thats a personal cut I want but because he is part of the Brawl crew he probably will stay.
Not the right thread for this.

D

Deleted member

Not the right thread for this.
pond.png

(First thing that popped into my head, sorry. :p)

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I support him since Brawl! I remember how heartbroken I was when he was announced to be an AT in Brawl.
At this time around he's definitely in the top of my list!!!

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
So because of all the fan demand it's a strong possibility that they start to pay attention to all the Waluigi requests.

I am not entirely certain of his combat abilities or why 'he's so popular. Would he use a lot of stretchy punches and kicks, like Dhalsim from Street Fighter?

D

Deleted member

So because of all the fan demand it's a strong possibility that they start to pay attention to all the Waluigi requests.

I am not entirely certain of his combat abilities or why 'he's so popular. Would he use a lot of stretchy punches and kicks, like Dhalsim from Street Fighter?
Technically it's not impossible for that to happen, but that would really take away from the potential ARMS character. And honestly, his long legs already have good reach; I don't think he needs to have stretchy legs.

Waluigi is honestly a blank slate in that almost any sort of random power you could think of to use as a fighting technique would fit him considering that's exactly how he's treated in the games he's in.

One game, he's creating tornados and turning his side of a court into a personal swimming pool, the next he's spawning purple thorns from the ground and teleporting in puffs of purple smoke, and the next, he's firing energy projectiles that have his insignia, and so on and so on.

Hell, even in written media, Waluigi has done things like drill deep holes into the ground just by spinning in place (trying to get at something on his back, I think) and climbing his way back out using his own chin as a pick.

The only truly recurring ability is his ability to defy gravity and swim through the air, which was something he was shown to do since his very debut in the "No Controller Detected" error screen for Mario Tennis.

So that's the beauty of Waluigi's potential fighting style; there's no set "obvious" answer.
Even things that are just simple quirks about him could be weaponized if Sakurai sees fit.
That common thing where his eyes shine could be turned into some eye laser ability.
His affiliation with roses? Go all Tuxedo Mask with them.
His common usage of bombs and other explosives (such as the Whisker Missle from the Namco-made Mario Kart games)? Make him a Demoman kind of character.

There's so much that can be done.
Though we already know one thing for sure. Based on how his Assist Trophy works, he would be given focus on a Tennis-based style along with very high jumps and strong kicks (which isn't an "ability" per se, but is something Waluigi is known for in the Mario series, even knocking Bowser down in a brawl with a mighty kick in Mario Party 3). And that's just on a basic level.
The rest comes from whatever Sakurai would decide on how Waluigi should fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
I liked majorasmaskfan majorasmaskfan 's idea for him to cheat. Like, his moves have a completely different effect than how they look. His bair could be a dropkick like Mario and Luigi, except it sends you straight upward, and his back throw would have the same as the Mario Bros. and Wario, but it's actually his weak combo throw. And of course some traditional cheating, like his down tilt being sticking his leg out to trip you.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I liked majorasmaskfan majorasmaskfan 's idea for him to cheat. Like, his moves have a completely different effect than how they look. His bair could be a dropkick like Mario and Luigi, except it sends you straight upward, and his back throw would have the same as the Mario Bros. and Wario, but it's actually his weak combo throw. And of course some traditional cheating, like his down tilt being sticking his leg out to trip you.
While it's thematic, that's also just bad game design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom