• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exclusive IGN pics?!

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
Dated August 9, 2007 is old?! But yeah I swear I've seen Fox do that before. If it's exclusive, I wonder what else is exclusive in the ~330 images IGN got

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
On the internet, anything that happened more than 2 hours ago is old.

There are only those 8 or so exclusive pictures, no more.

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
The Zelda screenie is pretty and it seems this flew under the radar... I wanna see the other 4 exclusives

Sensai

Smash Master
Ok, PugFug, that's weird.

First screen looks to be a Zelda Ftilt.
Two looks like Pit standing there, maybe turning around.
Third is Fox Ftilt, Mario Dair, Kirby jumping and Wario...Ftilt? Dunno.

The fourth one, though, is worth talking about. What in the hell is Link doing? My guess would be a taunt...

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman

The fourth one, though, is worth talking about. What in the hell is Link doing? My guess would be a taunt...
I think Wario may be doing running A in the 3rd. It looks like DK's Running A from Melee. And Pit is probably landing or croutching in the 2nd.

WR3K

Smash Ace
or they may have jsut adjusted his stance in the development process

in the first pic, link's two fingers arent giving the peace sign, it may be older i think it looks weird that low, the other one looks cool though

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
Link's pose looks like Marth, eh? BTW, when I say I've seen Fox's tilt, there's a thread somewhere here about "Brawl moves and pics" or something

Wreked, I know that's Melee, just wondering why IGN put it in Brawl gallery. They making me have fake dejavu, like I've seen Tingle in some Brawl screens...

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice

Obviously Zelda's using Farore's Wind. F-tilt? you're in denial. And Link's Forward smash looks sorta different. That's definitely his forward smash, unless tilts can be charged now. And Pit's weapons are twinklin' too, so they're obviously both charging.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

You see how he is lower, I think that the longer he charges, the lower he sinks.
Looks like Link's Jump Strike hidden skill from Twilight Princess!

Take a look HERE for a YouTube video that shows the Jump Strike, and tell me what you think. The real kicker here is that the Jump Strike needs to be charged, just like how Link is chaging a smash (or some kind of move) in those pics.

Eh, eh?

pugfug90

Smash Apprentice
I don't really see the resemblance lol. What second does he hold it behind him and lean back?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Despite the slight difference in stance, Link really doesn't have many moves where he hold his sword in both hands. In Melee, it was only for his FSmash and DAir, but this isn't like that. Unless it's a totally new move or mechanic, it has to be a Jump Attack or Jump Strike if we're to draw from actual Zelda in-game moves.

What's a Jump Strike, essentially? A charged-up Jump Attack.

burrito

Smash Lord
Wow, I don't believe I've ever seen those screens before, I wonder how IGN got their hands on them.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
That's interesting, Link's stance is defenitely the first thing I noticed. It's probably a new smash, something to help balance him out.

Top Bottom