• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exception (DSI) occurred!!! Please help!!!

Festive

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshwa
3DS FC
0963-1631-8800
actually it seems the PM launcher doesn't crash when it can't conect to wifi so try turning that off on your wii and switch to the PM launcher is you wanna try that...
Turning off the wifi worked! Still gonna leave the code dump in case others need to use it. Many thanks and sorry for the pointless posts!

PrincesInPink~VictorF

Smash Rookie
NNID
VictorF8
3DS FC
3411-2109-6568
Switch FC
SW 6944-2446-3012
Ive also done everything mentioned above with no positive results ive been playing pm for forever using the same sd card but 3.5 keeps giving me the DSI error aswell

PrincesInPink~VictorF

Smash Rookie
NNID
VictorF8
3DS FC
3411-2109-6568
Switch FC
SW 6944-2446-3012
Ive also done everything mentioned above with no positive results ive been playing pm for forever using the same sd card but 3.5 keeps giving me the DSI error aswell

kirvanta

Smash Rookie
I haven't seen anyone actually post a picture of the error itself with the code dump. So here it is (at least the one I've got):

Note: I'm trying all the fixes listed above, just thought I'd post this here because it might help idk. I'll post if anything works. (also this is on my wii u)

This is the exact same stack dump that I got. However, disabling the WiFi and setting the connection to wired fixed the problem for me.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
an PM dev team just make a loader wit addons and no wifi update? that may be the best sencario

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Im playing on my WiiU, do I have to disable wifi through the wiiU menu or the Wii? I'd rather not disable my connection cuz I play SM4SH online a lot but if thats the only thing that solves this...

MaxThunder

PM Support
i have never checked out the wii settings on the wii u so i can't say for sure but i think you only need to change it for the wii settings... unless they merged the settings somehow...
It's not that much work to swith to another connection slot, though...

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
Oh man, now i know what is the problem.
Yesterday i bought some SD cards, but the SD card adapter, i tried and it was all fine.
Then now i had this problem, but why it worked fine yesterday and now it can´t, what can i do and 2GB SD cards are discontinued in my country, i barely found my 2GB SD card adapter.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I'm having the same problem with downlodaing PM 3.5 through 3.02's patching.

MaxThunder

PM Support
I'm having the same problem with downlodaing PM 3.5 through 3.02's patching.
yeah this issue applies to all versions of the launcher so the problem has to be with whatever server it connects to or something... for the moment you'll have to update manually instead...

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
yeah this issue applies to all versions of the launcher so the problem has to be with whatever server it connects to or something... for the moment you'll have to update manually instead...
OK, thank you!

Ral

Smash Rookie
I've been having the same issue, and I did everything suggested without success. I injected a Project M build into a Brawl ISO for reference.
Edit: Turns out I have the wrong Brawl ISO, as it is PAL and not NTSC. Will report back with results when I get a NTSC ISO.

Last edited:

crazydev

Smash Rookie
I've gotten this error every time I have WiFi enabled while trying to start the game. So there's no way around this if you want to do wifi? since the game only works for me if I disable wifi. Would a wired connection work instead of a wireless one?

MaxThunder

PM Support
to use wifi you'd either have to use a wired connection so you can disconnect the wire to get through the PM launcher, or use an alternate launcher like gecko os... wired would be best, though... better connection...

Green Bean

Smash Rookie
i have never checked out the wii settings on the wii u so i can't say for sure but i think you only need to change it for the wii settings... unless they merged the settings somehow...
It's not that much work to swith to another connection slot, though...
There's no internet option in the wii portion of the Wii U. All the internet options are in the Wii U options, and the connection you choose applies to both the Wii U and Wii portion. You can't make it so it only applies to the Wii U.
I can't make the Wii offline without making the Wii U offline, and there's no way to make the Wii U offline without completly deleting the connection data from the Wii U.

What that means is that I can either delete my connection everytime I want to play Project M then go to internet options, set it back again everytime I want to play anything else, or not play project M at all.

If that's really the only way to play wihtout having "Exception (DSI) occured!" show up and crash everything, this really needs to be fixed.

MaxThunder

PM Support
To make the wii u offline without deleting the connection settings you just have to set up a new connection that doesn't work and have it be the default one...
but yeah this needs to be fixed...

ranchermatt

Smash Rookie
Turning off Wifi worked, but for those that don't want Wifi off or using PM on a WiiU, try this. I did this on a Wii and it seemed to work.

1. on sd card, go into Project M -> Launcher.
2. open config.xml in notepad. (right-click and choose edit)
3. change the value for usenetwork to false.
4. save.

I hope this helps.

D

Deleted member

Turning off Wifi worked, but for those that don't want Wifi off or using PM on a WiiU, try this. I did this on a Wii and it seemed to work.

1. on sd card, go into Project M -> Launcher.
2. open config.xml in notepad. (right-click and choose edit)
3. change the value for usenetwork to false.
4. save.

I hope this helps.
Cool, maybe I'll try that in the future. I was having the same problem; since 3.5, Project M would crash before loading, on my Wii U. My Wii U is connected to the internet via an ethernet cable though and it would still crash, but I just unplugged my internet altogether and that made it work! It also worked on a Wii I'm borrowing, but I honestly don't know if the Wii can connect to the internet. Perhaps not, now that I know what the issue is. It's a good thing too, because I was worried I wouldn't be able to play Project M in the future!

TheEpicKyle

Smash Rookie
It seems the problem is WiFi, but mine crashes as soon as it loads the news. This gives me time to click play, but all other options are unusable. I am, however, able to connect to the internet and play using the built-in Wiimmfi servers once in-game.

Selpar

Smash Cadet
Just in case anyone hadn't seen this error in action I formatted my 2GB SD card and put a clean install of Project 3.5 wifi safe hackless version on it and recorded the error happening on my Wii U. So here you go:

The error always happens after you connect to the wifi and it tries to download news, and can be bypassed by not connecting to the internet. Unfortunately the Wii U shares its internet settings between the Wii and Wii U modes so disconnecting and reconnecting from the internet all the time is a pain.

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
I recently started receiving this error after giving PM a break for about 2 months. I've tried EVERYTHING to get it to work and to no success. I'm using a hackless Wii and turning off the internet doesn't even work. The major issue is that the launcher won't even start up. It just crashes as soon as I start up stage builder.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support
I recently started receiving this error after giving PM a break for about 2 months. I've tried EVERYTHING to get it to work and to no success. I'm uses a hackless Wii and turning of the internet doesn't even work. The major issue is that the launcher won't even start up. It just crashes as soon as I start up stage builder.
see if manually updating the launcher works: PM Launcher 1.11...

MaxThunder

PM Support
you replaced the boot.elf you had before with the one in that download, right?..
in case you didn't see it, it's in apps/projectm...

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
hm... do you have another sd card you can try?..
I have my Wii U SD which I can format but I'd rather not since I have my Smash 4 screenshots. It was the last resort I wasn't looking forward to. I'd do it if I had more reassurance that it'd work.

Last edited:

Sleeplost

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sleeplost
why would you need to format it?..
Scratch everything said a couple of hours ago. I found an old 3DS SD card and just used that. It actually worked. It seems the issue was my previous SD card used for my Wii for at least 7 years now.

BlazingFireOmega

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jesse-BFO
3DS FC
1693-0474-5023
I actually made a video of it happening to me, but I have to do the "ten post" thing. Just look up "Project M's 3.5 update...awesome..." while I explore the rest of this awesome community.

Top Bottom