• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Excellence vs Kheldar

Excellence

Smash Champion
Has anyone ever played a good Fox? Here's my first encounter with one. I asked Kheldar to post some of our matches and so he did. By request, he posted matches 1, 3, and 5 because I was telling him how inconsistant those games were with games 2 and 4, because I fluctuate between good play and "okay" play during matches. You're more than welcome to give your thoughts.

Kheldar (Fox) vs Excellence (Olimar) Wifi 1

Kheldar (Fox) vs Excellence (Olimar) Wifi 2

Kheldar (Fox) vs Excellence (Olimar) Wifi 3

Did anyone know you could catch Fox with Up Air as he tries to use Phantasm? I tried to do it more than once with no success.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
The first match wouldn't go through. The other two were good games though.

I play a beastly fox on occasion. The fox I play against never uses anything but quickly dair approaches on my backside and other empty SHs to pressure me into attacking. The one you played never did that! His dair goes through Olimar's upair and upsmash (not uptilt though). If I uptilt, he'll land besides me and punish the uptilt. So his air game beats out Olimar's aerial defense.

The thing that helps me tremendously is pivotgrabs. I throw pikmin to pressure him, and then pivotgrab any and every approach he uses on me. It's completely safe and very hard for fox to get past. It's what makes the matchup advantaged for Oli imo.

...so are you still using him? (or were these just some leftovers, for lack of a better word)

Edit: his sideb has good priority during the first half. The second half can be knocked out of easily. Even fox's uptilt will beat it out.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
You consider Kheldar as good? :U
I have to tell the man.

I didn't watch the videos yet (I will) however, I could have sworn you can upari, dsmash SOMETIMES fsmash and grab the FB of Fox.

Upair does catch fox's dair.

and I'll look at the vids.

EDIT)) Told Excellence how I felt.

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
You consider Kheldar as good? :U
I have to tell the man.

I didn't watch the videos yet (I will) however, I could have sworn you can upari, dsmash SOMETIMES fsmash and grab the FB of Fox.

Upair does catch fox's dair.

and I'll look at the vids.

EDIT)) Told Excellence how I felt.
Olimar's U-Air can out-prioritize Fox's D-Air? You sure about that?

asob4

Smash Champion
i've played a good fox and he was better than that :/ but that was on wifi so it's excused :)

i noticed he never really dair'd, which is like fox's best combo starter, except against oli :D you can up tilt almost every approach he has (except maybe shine?)

liked the chain grab :D

+everything dan said lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
Distance doesn't matter in online play.
Thats a fact.
It does when your trying to swat away attackings by spacing yourself so that you get your attack in a frame or more ahead of the opponents. Try Ness' Fair vs GaW's Bair, it's a situation like that. Because Ness' Fair comes out two frames quicker, you have to space GaW's Bairs so that you're hitting with the turtle's head and your attack comes out before his. Otherwise, Ness' Fair will get you and he'll most likely link 2 - 3 together for a psuedo-combo.

i like how every time i come to this thread excellence has a new avatar and sig hahaha
I r the magic machine. I can change my signature with the wave of my hand. Seriously though, I'm moving to Yoshi who pretty much sucks tier and competition-wise, but he's definately got some things I want to look into. Bair WoP FTW!

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
-is a green oli user-
Everytime someone in the Oli boards begins a sentence with "is", the thread magically turns into spam. I just noticed that. (I've been here too long :p)

Anyways, excellence, We should both quit Oli and move to Pikachu. He's soooo underrated. I used him last night some and went to a tourney today. I actually won some tourney matches with him that I can't win with Oli. lol.

asob4

Smash Champion
*****mar is nothing compared to green oli

-is spamming-

pika has killing issues and predictability issues.
all pika's do the same thing :/ fair -> chain grab or fair -> down smash -> PIKAAAA!!! (thunder)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
pika has killing issues and predictability issues.
all pika's do the same thing :/ fair -> chain grab or fair -> down smash -> PIKAAAA!!! (thunder)
That's what I did. figure that.

You can DI out of dsmash too easily.

I loved using a falling fair>uptilt>upair>upair>upair. If they airdodge an upair, I nair. It does like 30-somethin damage. That's an upsmash + upair for Oli, lol. Thunder, upsmash, and fsmash kill reliably.
You say Olimar sucks and then you go Yoshi.

Lol
you began this!

asob4

Smash Champion
thunder is easy to avoid, fsmash has startup lag, and his upsmash isn't the same from melee

nair is probably one of his better kill moves

oli's too good, in 2 hits he does the same damage as 5 hits lol

Excellence

Smash Champion
Everytime someone in the Oli boards begins a sentence with "is", the thread magically turns into spam. I just noticed that. (I've been here too long :p)

Anyways, excellence, We should both quit Oli and move to Pikachu. He's soooo underrated. I used him last night some and went to a tourney today. I actually won some tourney matches with him that I can't win with Oli. lol.
You should play my newly hatched Yoshi with your Pika. To be honest with you though, I did consider using Pikachu, but anything related to Ash Ketchum is a no for me.

EDIT: I just caught that you said you and I should move to Pikachu. Are you flippin' serious?

Top Bottom