• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Exact Difference: Rose Waft vs. Normal

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Sorry if this is covered in one of the other many threads.

A friend recently told me that Rose Scented Waft has a humongous hitbox compared to the regular one. Does anyone know the exact hitboxes or has made a graphic showing them. I'm looking to switch to rose waft during customs tournaments, and the deciding factor would be the hitbox.

Can anyone help make this clear, or disprove this?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's not a direct comparison but this gif shows how big the hitbox is.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I've heard that at the very least it can hit every single character trumping on the ledge. Like even down tilt can't poke some characters, but this waft can with little to no precision. I like that a lot.

Also, if you've seen the video about punishing sheik after her up b, before she grabs the ledge (that like, 1 frame) then you know that her hurtbox during up B is actually not on the ledge; it's almost a character length down and to the right of her (if she's going to the right ledge)

I'm thinking this waft can hit her, making sheiks much more scared to recover.

This is what I'm talking about, see where sheik actually gets hit? Not on the ledge, down and right of it. I think if you rose waft on the bike, you can effectively kill a sheik early (and by that I mean 130 because rose waft is weak but take what you can get amirite)

Last edited:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rose Waft is full after 70 seconds; regular Waft is full after something like 110 seconds.

Top Bottom