• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ew

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I have heard rumors to the tune of Yoshi's shield still being up but getting nullified, making it ineffective.

Apparently, if you hit any buttons while you're shielding, your shield will still be up, but you can get hit.

That's what I've heard, but I've done no concrete testing on the matter.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I really doubt it, but I've been wrong before about Brawl's wacky mechanics, so I'm not 100% sure.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm pretty sure this has happened to me as well.

auroreon

Smash Ace
Ive had this happen to me on wifi a few times but I always just put it down to dodgy wifi lag. I actually might be able to get footage of this...

RyanPF

Smash Journeyman
You can't be poked. (Or at least it's not a true poke) I think this happens when:

1) You get pushed off the edge as you're shielding. It looks like your shield is still up but you get hit as you're falling off.
2) You press a button like Shiri said, usually A, starting a shield grab. That's what usually happens to me, even when I don't mean to shield grab. >.>

Top Bottom